Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am 9 weeks pregnant I have constipation from 4 days my stool is hard what can do for this please suggest some thing.
I am a 27years old female and have multiple fibroids in uterus, I have two child by segerian operations and when I am 20 years old one fibroid removed by segerian operation, so total three times segerian operation have been done. What should I do?
My wife is pregnant for 5 months as of now. My colleges advised me to have sex from this month onwards. Is it advisable that I can have sex now? Kindly suggest.
Sir, My wife is now 6 weeks 6 days pregnant. Today she faced mild bleeding. After scan doctor said there is chance of having threatened miscarriage and gave some tablets and said to continue for two weeks. Presently she is using tablets. Please suggest me how come I know the baby is healthy or not There will be any symptoms for going to get miscarriage.
My mother is 48 years old and she has a problem of osteoarthritis in her right leg. As we showed to doctors, they say the cartilage between joints of knee is almost finished i.e there is less space and which restricts my mother to walk fast, to use stairs ets. Also they said that the left knee is good enough for now but too much , but with time that will also get affected as whole weight will be on left leg. They have given some medicines for making of cartilage like "CARTIGEN-DN" and some calcium doses, some painkillers (if required). Also they said do rest as much as she can. The reason for such problem is being overweight. She weighs 100ks but she eats normal food and she drinks lot of water but still her weight is this much. Also she has now started going to physician for some affective exercises but from 2-3 day she is facing some kind of pain in her one side hip bone. I just want to ask for diet plan to take and what other measures are there for such problem.
I am 25 years old and I got married in April 2015, I want to be pregnant now, I am trying for this last 6 months but I have not conceived till yet, and in ultrasound of pelvis there mild fluid in the pouch of Douglas, I haven't any miscarriage, what I do now?
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hypothyroidism:- 4 years back my TSH was 13 and suffered from irregular periods. And I have been using medicines since then and now it is 2.92. And I am regularly using femilon tabs and recently I got married (4 months back) and I am getting period regularly. I have small doubts regarding this. Any help will be highly appreciated 1. I want to get pregnant. Is usage of femilon prevent me to get pregnant? 2.what should be my tsh to get pregnant.
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have my regular periods. I have pcos. What are the symptoms of pcos. How to treat it. Without medication.
One year ago I got married now I am trying for family planning what to do and my period is regular but I am little worried.
As diabetes is metabolic condition in which an individual affected would have rise in blood glucose level either due to insulin production is not sufficient or body's cells do not respond properly to insulin or both.
- frequent urination and increased thirst
- unexplained weight loss
- cuts and wounds takes long time to heal
- scabies and scratchiness on skin feet getting numb or cramps in legs
- lack of exercise and obesity
- unhealthy diet junk food fatty food alcohol tobacco etc,
- lack of proper nutrition expecially proteins and fibres
- stress and anxiety
- gestational diabetes
- weight control
- away from tension and stress
- avoid tobacco and its products
- follow healthy diet with fruits and green vegetables
- restrain from eating sweets
Hello doctor Meri wife ka period nai aa paya hai av tk jb ki date kal ka hi tha pregnancy bhi test kr liya usne umse bhi koi problem nai hai to period late kyu ho rha hai aisa pehle to kv nai hua hai.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.