Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
It appears that, in large populations of people, drinking coffee may (on average) confer health benefits. In particular, the risk of cardiac death and of overall mortality appears to be lower in coffee drinkers, with the optimal benefits seen in people who drink 3 - 4 cups per day. Whether caffeine has anything to do with such health benefits is not entirely known. Coffee contains a host of active substances aside from caffeine - substances that are thought to act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, for instance - that may be contributing to this beneficial effect.
Epidemiological studies like this one, no matter how well they are performed, cannot possibly answer whether a specific individual will realize health benefits from coffee drinking. They can only tell us about the average response, across a large population.
We know that some individuals (probably determined by their genetic makeup) are particularly sensitive to caffeine, and may suffer severe sleep deprivation, jitteriness, or palpitations after drinking coffee (or any other caffeine-containing food or medication). We also know that caffeine sensitivity can change dramatically at various periods in one?s life (especially during pregnancy, when sensitivity to caffeine almost always increases). Drinking coffee is clearly not a good idea for everyone.
As a general rule, then, coffee drinking appears to have health benefits. But at least until routine genetic testing is available that might tell us about our own individual sensitivity to caffeine, whether coffee drinking is a good idea for us is something we?re just going to have to figure out for ourselves.
Read all about coffee and your heart.
Cardiac mortality: Compared to people who drank no coffee, people who drank one cup per day experienced an 11% reduction in cardiac mortality.This mortality
benefit ?peaked? (at about 20%) for people who drank 3 - 4 cups per day, and then began to diminish as the amount of coffee consumption increased beyond that level.
Cancer mortality: Several reports over the years have suggested that coffee might reduce the risk of certain cancers. In this large study, however, there was no difference in cancer mortality between people who drank no coffee, and people who drank from 1 to 6 cups of coffee per day.
Overall mortality: Compared to people who drank no coffee, coffee drinkers had a reduced mortality rate. Again, this mortality benefit seemed to peak at between 3 - 4 cups per day (at about a 15% reduction in mortality).
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.