Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
Hlo sir mam I am using norethisterone tab for delay period time. Can I use unwanted 72 also after intercourse? There is no risk to take this with norethisterone tab?
Can both the tablets in an mtp kit given orally. Should I give the pills myself to her or should I consult a doctor first. What are the side effects please do tell. I read it might lead to excessive bleeding how does that happens? Plss tell me the informations I should know before giving this to my girlfriend who is on high risk of pregnancy.
What are the risk factors?
The risk factors commonly associated with an increased chance of developing gestational diabetes include:
Person is overweight or obese before pregnancy.
African-american, asian, hispanic, or native american origin.
Age is above 30.
Blood sugar levels are moderately high or pre-diabetic.
History of diabetes in the immediate family.
History of gestational diabetes in previous pregnancies.
Previous delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
Kindly consult further for detailed information.
Hi I'm 25 years old female. My menstruation cycle. Period hasn't come yet for last two months, what should I do?
Polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) have multiple small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts occur when the regular changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disrupted. The ovary is enlarged; and produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. This excess, along with the absence of ovulation, may cause infertility. Other names for pcod are polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or the stein-leventhal syndrome.
Causes of pcod:
We don't really understand what causes pcod, though we do know that it has a significant hereditary component, and is often transmitted from mother to daughter. We also know that the characteristic polycystic ovary emerges when a state of an ovulation persists for a length of time. Patients with pco have persistently elevated levels of androgens and estrogens, which set up a vicious cycle. Obesity can aggravate pcod because fatty tissues are hormonally active and they produce estrogen which disrupts ovulation. Overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens, and these may also contribute to pcod. These women also have insulin resistance (high levels of insulin in their blood, because their cells do not respond normally to insulin).
Weight loss diet for pcod
In case of pcod, carbohydrate loading is very important to improve insulin sensitivity.
Avoid high glycemic index foods
Include green leafy vegetables fruits
Not all fat is bad and healthy fats are essential for your pcos diet. Essential fatty acids are really important for maintaining the cell wall, which allows nutrients in, and toxins out. They are also vital for hormone balance, weight management and fertility. These healthy fats are found in nuts and seeds, oily fish, avocado and olive oil so be sure to incorporate those into your diet.
6. Adequate quantity of vitamin b and magnesium
Whilst diet is hugely important aspect to tackling pcos, we must not forget other lifestyle changes that will help to overcome pcos and it's symptoms.
Manage stress levels
Share the burden and get good support from your family and friends.
Look after yourself and pamper yourself. We need to reclaim our womanhood and femininity so a little bit of tlc is definitely in order.
There is no magical formula that's going to make us all better. However, by making these diet and lifestyle changes now, we can manage our symptoms and improve our health.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
I'm only 24 year old but my breast is so heavy and I have problem of body fat like underarm fat and arm fat please help me.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of aloe vera include the following:
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: aloe vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: aloe vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe vera is the first fda approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called candida albicans and bacterium named streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: the latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: there was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.