Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnithaYour feedback matters!
I'm in mid forty and suffering from hot flushes after reaching menopause stage. I've been having these hot flushes since 8 months, please suggest me the proper medication to get over.
Oestrogen reduces a women's ability to burn energy after eating resulting in more fat being stored around the body
I missed my period 29 days, it means my last period is july 30, I did my pregnancy test but it is showing negative, am I pregnant?
Hi my daughter is 21 week pregnant. Before 4 years she hd a open surgery of fibroids so I want to know that is there any chance for normal delivery?
I'm being eating elestra for 2 months. But I don't know how to eat it. It's 21 days course. I didn't understand from when to start eating. From 1st day of periods or 1st day after periods?
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.