Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anita BaskarYour feedback matters!
We are a newly married couple. We just want to know that when its safe to have sex without using any protection though we don't want a child right now.
My 34 years old wife is trying to conceive another child since last few years. We have a SEVEN year old daughter also. Recently she visited a infertility Clinic and was advised several tests out of which one was TBPCR Using endometrium tissue as sample. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test came out positive and mycobacterium found present. Now The doctor has asked her to start five months of AKT 4 treatment. 1. Can she conceive after the completion of the therapy 2. Is the treatment at the first place necessary as she is unable to cope with the medicine and is having huge side effects like nausea, vomiting, weakness and irritation in both hands and feet.
It is possible sperm go through clothes when I rubbed my penis in my gf pussy and my sperm discharge in my underwear.
I do not have kids before married I got one segrion about one cest in my utres that time remove one tube also ovreies problem give suggestion my marriage is 2007 march.
Hello sir, I am a married person and I don't have any child. Since one year. What to do this moment? Please help me.
We are a married couple and want to conceive. We are trying since 6 month. I have done my sperm analysis and found that sperm count is zero. Please help.
Meri marriage ko 2 year ho gye h. Me baby concive nhi kr pa rhi hu. Mujhe thyroid problem bhi hai. Mujhe ye janna h ki kya thyride ke karn ye problem mujhe ho rhi h ya koi or reason h. Please tell me whats the problem actully?
The old age is best defined as the age of retirement that is 60 years and above. Improvements in the health care technology has increased the life expectany. The process of ageing brings about physiological, psychological and immunological changes which influences the nutritional status. The changes associated with ageing are partly influenced by genetics, race and gender.
All the functions of the body start to decline in its work. The reserved nutrients are used up especially the minerals. Calcium is the main mineral that starts depleting as early as the people enters into the age of 40+. This is why the people of old age faces lot of bone related disorders and tooth problems. As a result, arthritis becomes one of the major health issue faced by the geriatrics. This discourages the activeness of people.
To compensate the bone loss and the demoralisation, one should include a high amount of calcium rich diet. The calcium rich foods include milk, millets, yogurt, broccoli, egg, peanut etc. Avoid tea or coffee and so the absorption of calcium is encouraged. Sugars n junk foods should be avoided.
When you enter the later middle age, certain clinical tests should be done to ensure good health. As a dietitian, I personally feel to take up a master health check up atleast once in a year. But if you are highly concerned about your health, its essential to take up certain basic tests which include
Blood sugar both fasting and postprandial
Blood lipid profile
Eeg &amp; ecg
A simple lifestyle modification that includes diet, exercise, habits etc, one can lead a healthier and happier life.
Hello, I am having little spotting since 15_20 days am worried. My history I have thyroid problem and second is I had long tab for stop breastfeeding. Did not have regular period since after delivery that is two years. M. Worried about spotting prob is it something serious.
Hot and cold therapy has a tendency to reduce pain, assist with tissue healing, control swelling, and increase flexibility if used appropriately after an injury.
My wife is having menses for 2times in a month. The doctors said she has infection and took some medicines. After that it is okay. But now after 4months of marriage life we are still waiting for baby. What reason she still not in pregnancy stage.
I am getting my 2-3days late then my actual date and it pains alot on the first day after that it is normal and the periods continue till 4th day R there any chances of getting pregnant? What should I Do?`
I am 24 years old. I often suffer from white discharge. I keep my vagina clean but there is always some strong foul fishy and urine smell which smells even from a distance. There is no pain but it itches sometimes.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.