Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnilaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had a taste of saliva in my mouth in the morning and I went to spit it out than there was blood in it. Fourth time it happened in last one week. I am scared because I don't know what it is?
I have been told to get my impacted wisdom teeth removed. One was removed long ago while 3 remain. They are all deep inside and have no projection outside. Now some docs are advising to get all 3 removed at one time under ga while some suggesting to get 2 of one side to be removed under la first and later get extracted the remaining one while some are suggesting to get all 3 removed under la but I would have to be on liquid diet for a week. Please advice the best way to go forward i. E. All under ga or all under la or 2 at the moment under la.
Hi sir I am troubling for two month for mouth problem In my teeth there was bleeding in gems When I am sleeping in night after that morning when I am wakeuping my mouth was hading. Very bad smell please help to stop this all.
I am 32 years old and from past 6 months I am noticing a cyst on my tongue. Is it any case of panic. This is harmless, not increasing, not paining. Do I need to remove it surgically or just can ignore it. I am non alcoholic, and don't consume tobacco products.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.