Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AndhuYour feedback matters!
Dr. My son is 5 year old. He has cough since Nov 2015. I had given antibiotics like amoxyclav and azithromycin and asthalin coriminic and cetrizine syp but no effect. All his blood test chest xray and afb test are normal. In chest xray he had mild cardiomegaly. Drs. Done echo whis is normal.In blood test his eosinophil are 11. Drs says he has allergy in blood and prescribe Montair 10 mg one tab in night for three months. Dr. My question is can I give 5 year old child Montelukast 10 mg or less dose like 5 mg montair. And can it is ok for three months.
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
My daughter 3.3yrs old suffers from cough very often even her nose is blocked and nothing comes out she has that problem when she lies down therefore hinders in sound sleep
My son is 2 year old. He is a very happy, social and fun loving child. He is nauseatic lot many times and even throws up for last 7 to 10 days. I had shown him to his regular paediatric, she said there might be some stomach upset and gave to stop vomiting. It did not help and she changed it to Atarax drops, which didn't help either, so discontinued it after 2 doses after reading on the net that it's a very strong medicine. I referred him to one of the most senior most and reputed paediatric in my city. He said that the child's stomach is absolutely fine no need to give him any medicine, he is just trying to do it to grab your attention, just ignore. I told him most of the time he gets up from his afternoon nap and throws up. He said at times when kids are having anxiety they may do it, just ignore it. I did ignore for 2 to 3 days he was still vomiting (lesser quantity though but 2 to 3 times) . I started with probiotic sachet Reflora-R which has reduced his vomiting and nauseatic feeling a bit but not completely stopped. After vomiting the child is fine just like a normal happy child. Should I show him to a gastroenterologist or is it his anxiety?
Recently we have gone on tour to the western india i. E shirdi, aurangabad etc and travelled in train. My grand son who accompanied us on the tour had diarrohea and had treatment. Now his stomach is bulgy and hard. His age is one year. What is the reason and what treatment he should take?
Sir my son 6 years old has celiac (gluten allergy) last 3 year. Having watery motions since last night and severe stomach cramps. (Feeling that may be a cross contamination). What medicine can I give. please tell sir.
My son who is 12 year old does bedwetting from childhood .I have neither treated it before nor given him any type of medicine for this. Please advice what to do ?
My son is 2.5yr old and his growth is delayed as he was 1month 10 days premature. The worrisome thing is he is not interested in type of food. So his diet is very limited. Kindly suggest what should we do to improve his dieat.
My daughter is 6 years old, almost 20 kgs. Has gas problem, sometime also has stomach ache and smelly gas and potty, is slightly underweight also. Pls help with remedy to cure her has problem and for her growth.
My daughter is 5 years old her hair is very thin not even a little finger size I use coconut oil Nad clinic plus shampoo can you suggest Me what to do to make her hair thick oil shampoo and food that can be given.
My daughter is 3 Yrs 3 Months old, from past 2 week she is suffering from cold a doctor has prescribed monocef which doesn't help her. I have given her chest on cold and also amoxyccilin syrup but it doesn't improved her condition. She has running nose and cough also. For cough kufril syrup had used. Nothing has improved her condition still she has running nose cough and above all she is having chest congestion when ever she is breathing n sleeping sound is coming from her chest. She couldn't talk also properly she is getting cough n lots of sticky fluid got struck in her mouth. Can I use nebulizer with asthalin respules. Which respules syrup or tablets to b used for my daughter? I would be thankful for your kind prescription. Thank you.
Tips to keep kids teeth healthy and strong:
• Wipe gums with a wash cloth after feeding to avoid plaque that can cause tooth decay
• Start brushing twice daily using soft bristle tooth brush once first primary tooth erupts
• Start using fluoride toothpaste at age 3- use only pea- sized amount. Make sure your child spits it out after brushing
• Try to break thumb sucking and pacifier habits by age 4
• Start flossing as soon as teeth touch/ contact each other
• Until children are able to practice proper oral health habits alone, parents should help their child brush and floss twice a day
• Require children who plays support to wear a mouthguard to protect their smile
• Parents can encourage their teens by reminding them that a healthy smile and fresh breath will help them look and feel their best.
1. Schedule your first dental appointment before child’s first birthday.
2. Start visiting your dentist every 6 months.