Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Andal Nandagopal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Andal NandagopalYour feedback matters!
2. Regularly use moisturiser/coconut oil over hands and feet at bedtime to keep the hands and feet soft and supple.
3. Weekly soaking the feet in lukewarm water for 20 min and pat dry and apply moisturizer/coconut oil at night would keep feet softer. In diabetics, please use plain tap water or lukewarm water temperature should be checked by someone else to ascertain the water temperature is just warm and not hot as some diabetics may have reduced sensations.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Meri age 24 h or mere ovary mey hemorrhagic cyst h 26*18 mm ka left side mey or is month mey mujhe 15 din bd bht hi hulkr se period ho rhe h kbi bnd hojate bilkul to kbi thode se suru smjh ni arha h ese kyu ho rha h aj 4 din se ese continue h please tell me.
I am 6 week pregnancy now after doing ivf. Until now I did not do any ultrasound. Today I notice blood but not too much. Just few spot in my underwear. Should I concern about that? What to do? My app with my doctor will be 7th of january.
I am 29 years I have a pcod problem. Already visited to doctor she gave me medicine but still my weight is gaining. Can you please suggest me what I do.
My wife is pregnant she is into her 9 the month she had a scan today and the reports we showed to the doctor she is saying caesarian operation but I think it could be normal she is not even waiting for the due date she just says choose any day from today and also says don't take much time as the position of the baby is upwards so please suggest any way to this delivery in normal as in operation after operation there are lot of pains so please help me out.
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
1.Vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
2. The occurrence of pain during urination
3.The occurrence of pain during intercourse
4. Itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
5. Vaginal bleeding and spotting
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have baby boy he born on march 18 2015 before he born I was in treatment for pcod after took treatment I got baby then my doubt is can I get second baby without treatment after delivery periods didn't come. Again pcod wil be there pls clear my doubts doctor.
" nishamlaki" - tablets are only the first choice of treatment for type 2 diabetes which commonly available as the classical ayurvedic medicine in any ayurvedic medical shop in india. So I advise any of my madhumeha (diabetic) patients in my 40 years of clinical experience as well as teaching ayurveda to my students.
I was detected with TB few months back and taking medicines regularly. But during this period I have gained weight which is perfect to my age and height.(Male, 22yrs, 5'6" 70kg) Now I don't want to lose the weight I have gained and have couple of doubts: 1. Will I lose the weight after completing the medication? 2. If I start Running regularly then what are the ways which will ensure that due to running I do not lose the weight I have gained and simultaneously making my body fit and flattering the belly through Running.
Hello, during pregnancy can we have sex? This is the 1st time my wife is pregnant and its 5th month started. Whenever we have sex we are little afraid whether we should have sex or not, and also which positions we should take and avoid. And up to what extent the penis should be penetrated in the vagina? We both are the lover of wild sex, now can you please tell us how hard the sex should we have? And for how long? please help.
My age is 41. I am have continuous menses for the last ten days. My Hb test and uterus scan is normal. Am I undergoing menopause? What should I do? I am very much confused.
I'm a 22 year old guy. On 3rd of may 2015, I met my girlfriend. We both wished to have sex but my girlfriend didn't allow me to use a condom as she experiences a burning sensation while passing urine after having sex with condom. But, as we didn't use any protection, I just inserted my thing twice or thrice in her vagina but didn't ejaculate. As I got a feeling that sperm is about to come out I removed my thing immediately. And my girlfriend got her regular periods on the exact day of her previous cycle. But, her vaginal discharge stopped after that & she experienced the burning sensation even without a condom. Now, since 2 days she's getting the vaginal discharge again. So, is there any chance of her getting pregnant?
The process of ageing differs from person to person. Some tend to age faster than their biological age in comparison to others that look refreshingly young always. This ageing process is often dependent on your lifestyle, dietary habits and environment and all the other habits that you maintain every day.
Let's have a look at some of your habits that may be are responsible in making you look older:
- Bad sleeping habits: Your body needs to reinvigorate itself every day and for this to happen, you need to make sleeping a priority. While everyone's sleep requirements are different, seven to eight hours of fitful sleep is required daily.
- Having a sweet tooth: Excess of anything is not good, especially when you're not exactly sweet sixteen always. A diet with an overt emphasis on sugar, will only add to your waistline. Its end products tend to damage the collagen and the elastin, leading to saggy and wrinkled skin.
- Smoking: It is a known fact that is damaging to your health, but it also speeds up ageing. Its harmful chemicals deprive your cells of oxygen leading to a pale appearance. They also break down the collagen in the skin, once again leading to wrinkly skin.
- Drinking: Being a natural diuretic, alcohol causes dehydration. This robs your skin of its natural moisture, making you look much older. It also rids your body of Vitamin A and C that are antioxidants important for making your skin to make it look supple and well hydrated.
- Exposure to sun rays: Sun rays only do more harm to your skin than good. Exposure to the ultraviolet rays of the sun can weaken your blood cells, which can make your skin look leathery. It can lead to pigmentation of skin as well followed by sagging and wrinkles.
- Not enough veggies: Veggies are essentially antioxidants that help you look youthful, but they only last for so long and must be replenished daily. It is important to take care of your body and making small changes to your everyday routine can go a long way to slow that ageing process and make you look young and refreshing.