Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Anbu GouthamYour feedback matters!
I took norethisterone tab on 20th this month up-to 22nd. On 23rd I did first intercourse. My period date is on 29th. Then within 50 hours I took unwanted 72. I saw immediate periodic bleeding after sex for some hour. But now feeling lower abdominal pain heaviness in lower abdomen white discharge vomiting but no period. Am I getting pregnant. I am woworriedplz help me.
I'm a girl 20 years old. My nipples become erect, hard suddenly and they are seen awfully in my dress like t-shirts. Why does this nipple get hard and how. To avoid? Please help.
My wife have taken iPill and her period had started on 6th July and have lasted until 14th July. Her usual period date was 15th July. Today on 17th July, her period have again started. She is feeling very tired today. Is it normal if the period have started again and I guess she needs to take medicines to stop this period.
On last month my period on 16 april. Still nw 14 may to be continued. 10 days continue more bleeding going to toilet what reason. please suggest me. And also planning for baby.
I want to postpone my periods for 4 days as I am travelling religious place. I started using prevent N but after few hours of taking that pill causing pain at bikini area. Please suggest good tablets.
Hello Dr. I found some ayurveda / natural medicine (Glycyrrhiza glabra / Licorice (Mulethi) is good for Genital Herpes which fights with the virus in order not to develop or multiple so that recurrences are very minimal. Please advice me in this regard including dose and usage. Thanx.
When is the best time to do the s** in a month?(my gf period will start at 1st of month) that I don't want to use con***
Hello doctor I wanted to know if primon n and primolut n are used for delaying periods? Are they both the same tablets?
On my wedding night my wife did not bleed Is mean that she had an physical relationship with someone else before marriage if no Then why she did not bleed.
I had a legal abortion last three years ago but till now we have no issue. We also consult with a doctor and also my first time IUI procedure unsuccessful. What is the next step for getting pregnant imedietly ? Pls suggest me kindly!
I am 13 weeks pregnant I have two fibroids one fungal 8.5 cm and other anterior wall 8.7 cm they r growing big week by week. I am worried about baby. How can I shrink my fibroids.
I am 30 male and just got married, I and my wife want to make love without using pills or condom can you advice me is there anything safe time to make love without using any thing. As I used condom but we both were not much satisfied so please suggest is there as safe time to make love and do not get pregnant.
What is the best option of precaution during sex to avoid pregnancy. In my known, one or two ladies got problem after using copper-t. Condemn does not give full entertainment.
Is ecosprin 75 mg is safe in first trimester. I had my LMP at 5 Nov 2016 and my first ultrasound showed baby at about 6 weeks and heartbeat of 89 so please suggest I should take ecosprin or now my doctor has told me to take it but I am scared of its side effects in first trimester.
Bacterial vaginosis is an infection that occurs in the vagina due to an imbalance in growth of the vaginal bacteria; It is the overgrowth in the naturally occurring bacteria in the vagina causes the imbalance. This disorder is very common among women, especially among pregnant women. This problem is usually not very serious and tends to subside within 4-5 days. However, in certain cases, they are capable of causing serious complications.
Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include:
- Vaginal discharge that is white or grey in colour
- Constant itching in your vagina
- The vaginal discharge usually has a foul smelling odour
- Burning sensation during urination
Vaginal bacteria can be either good or bad. Any disruption in the delicate balance of the vaginal bacteria can lead to bacterial vaginosis. There is no exact known cause of this disorder, but it is believed that having multiple sex partners can aggravate this risks. Other factors include:
- Douching: If you clean your vagina with water and other cleansing agents on a regular basis, it might cause a bacterial imbalance, thus leading to this infection.
- Multiple partners: Having multiple sex partners puts you at a higher risk of contracting bacterial vaginosis. This disorder may also lead to various complications such as:
- STIs: This infection may make you highly susceptible to various infections such as Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Disorders of the pelvic region: Bacterial vaginosis may lead to inflammation in the pelvic region, which in turn may lead to infertility.
- Preterm birth: It increases the chances of premature birth
- Smoking: Smoking frequently increases the risk of a bacterial vaginosis infection.
- Unprotected sex: Having sex without proper protection increases the risk levels of bacterial vaginosis.
There are certain preventive measures that you can adopt to prevent this condition:
- Use soaps which contain no or very little chemicals to clean the region around your genitals
- Use latex condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent STIs.
- Do not clean your vagina (the practice referred to as douching) on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.