Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anbezhil Subbarayan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Anbezhil SubbarayanYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 15 months old and her weight is 12kgs and height is 71cms and head circumference is 21 cms. Is she appropiate according to her age ?
My baby is 6 months old now. My breast milk production is decreasing. Will lactare tablets increase breast milk even after 6 months of delivery.
My 11 months old baby is not gaining much weight, he's absolutely hyperactive and I'm happy for him. Yet, my relatives are concerned. He's gone towards my side in hereditary, as I too was lean in my childhood. Yet my in laws wish my baby to be more healthy and golu-golu. They are the old fashioned Indian family. So please suggest something. Thanks so much.
My daughter is 5 year's old how much dose of oflotas oz suspension can I give to her, she is suffering from loose motions.
My son is 22 days old and is pooping quite frequently these days. He poops every time he is being fed by his mother (sometimes during the feed as well). The excretion is mainly watery and small sprouts of poop (with gas). The poop is bright yellow in shade. He feeds good for 10 mins each time and approx 10 times a day. I am little worried by this condition. Is this normal?
Hi, I want to ask question for my child. He is 6 years old. His weight is only 15 kg. He has no interest in any food. He eats very little. Also the main problem is he looks very thin, please suggest some food, exercise or anything else plz.
Gas or flatulence is a condition where the microorganisms present in the intestines break down the food and release excessive gases such as carbon dioxide and methane, which is usually let out from the anus. It can lead to pain in the stomach and an uneasy feeling in the body.
1. When foods that are not digested properly are broken down
2. Lactose intolerance
3. Swallowing air
4. Certain foods not being absorbed properly in the digestive system
5. When a child does other activities, while eating, then it can cause gas to accumulate air in the intestines leading to gas
6. The sweeteners present in chewing gums can get trapped in the intestines and ferment into gas
7. Vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas
8. Soft drinks that cause phosphoric acid can also lead to gas
9. Some children are sensitive to fat and fiber, and consuming these nutrients can lead to gas
The symptoms of gas pain in children are cramps in the stomach region along with diarrhea. It can also lead to irregular eating, being fussy about food and pulling up the legs to the belly.
Treatments and preventive measures
1. Consuming food containing probiotics such as yoghurt and soy can help in treating gas
2. Eliminating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower from your child's diet
3. Decreasing the amount of milk in the diet
4. Limiting consumption of chewing gums as they contain artificial sweeteners , which cause gas
5. A hot drink such as tea made from herbs like peppermint can help in easing the symptoms of gas
6. Encouraging your child to exercise can help in preventing gas
7. Getting your child to drink water in proper amounts
8. Consuming a healthy diet of vegetables and fruits