Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnbarasuYour feedback matters!
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.
I am suffering from bleeding last 3 year s in teeth when pressing the teeth and from my mouth is very bad small what to do please tell me thank you.
In the bottom from row three teeth have become mobile. Unable to extract them and fix fresh teeth there as dentists fear of bleeding in extraction. I had bleeding problem long time ago, but th lab has cleared the same. But still dentists do not want to experiment due to my age i. E. 84 years. please suggest.?
Suffering from wisdom teeth pain. They growing away outside from jaw. And itching my cheeks under skin. Please help me.
Hi I have pain on my left upper jaw and due to which feel facial Pain as well on left Head Skull and it remains on for entire day. I have this pain for last 15 years and done already MRI and found nothing. Now one of doctor has advised me to have Nerve Block treatment. Would like to know if it is safe or will have side-effects on my future life. My age is 45. Request your confirmation.
I am having mouth ulcer from past 3-4 days . It is very difficult for me to eat due to the pain I am having. I applied clove oil for pain relief. There has been a bit relief. How long will it take to get recovered Is any there better home remedy than this. Waiting for your reply.
I brush daily but my teeth are yellow and some pores & marks on them. Is it due to deficiency of calcium? What can I do to fulfill it?
Hi doc. Is it possible to recover from cavity naturally or any other way other than drilling and filling teeth.
My mouth saliva convert in to just like water and test is bitter sweat etc or very bad. And bad breath come out from abdomen or stool is not normal and foul smell. What should I do? I consulted many doctors. But no change.
I recurrently having mouth ulcers so I can't eat spicy foods tried with vitamin tablets,rebegen. Drinking habit daily please suggest good medicine
Their professional education includes three years of specialized study after becoming a dentist, emphasizing child psychology, growth and development. Infants, preschoolers, children, and adolescents each need different approaches in dealing with their behavior, guiding their dental growth and development, and helping them avoid future dental problems. The pediatric dentist is best qualified to meet these needs.
To help a child stay totally healthy, the pediatric dentist often works with pediatricians, other physicians and other dental specialists. All children, whether healthy, chronically ill, disabled, or mentally challenged are served best through this team approach. This specialty is becoming even more important as a result of technical advances in medicine and dentistry and the increased populations of children with chronic diseases and congenital problems.
Pleasant visits to the dental office promote the establishment of trust and confidence in your child that will last a lifetime. Our goal at our clinics, along with our staff, is to help all children feel good about visiting the dentist and teach them how to care for their teeth. From our special office designs, to our communication style, our main concern is what is best for your child.
Our pediatric dentists provide an ongoing assessment of your child’s dental needs and may suggest preventive procedures like additional fluoride, dietary changes, space maintainers or sealants. We also undertake all necessary therapeutic procedures like fillings, apexogenesis, apexification, stainless steel crowns, habit-breaking appliances etc. Our specialists are trained in management of uncooperative, physically handicapped and mentally challenged children and we are also equipped with options like sedation dentistry to cater to the dental needs of special children.