Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha SubramanianYour feedback matters!
Sir I have leuco derma vitiligo Sir give me proper diet Which to take Which to in take Sir tell Which food or vegetables I want to take or not.
She is 20 years age she wants to become farrier white skin how to get smooth silky white body and how to get big booms she had small breast and she had a stretch marks on her knee joints how to get rid from it.
I am a 22 year male and have acne problem for last 1 week. It is a infection due to rain or something else?
Is more F5% is good for growing hair on bald patches ,As I have been using it for 4 month and I haven't seen any improvement.
Hair fall or hair loss can be a harrowing experience in a person’s life. Among many reasons, genetic or hereditary predisposition is a fairly common factor. Even if you use medicated shampoos or use trusted and proven hair care products it still may not protect your hair and may not stop hair loss or even baldness.
How genetics determine hair health?
Some of the reasons which contribute to bad hair health due to genetics are briefly discussed below.
- Weak Blood Circulation in the Scalp: Many people are genetically predisposed to have low blood circulation within the scalp. As you age, the blood supply to the hair follicles starts reducing. This may be either due to a weak scalp or muscle tightening around the skull, which is cutting of blood flow to the hair follicles. This will result in hair loss and even lead to baldness.
- DHT: DHT or Dihydrotestosterone is another reason, which can result in hair fall. It is a variant of testosterone which is created when this hormone interacts with an enzyme in different places of the body. DHT is connected to receptors present in the hair follicles as well. When your hair regrow, the new hair grows smaller than earlier. If this cycle continues, you are left with almost no hair in the long run. DHT is found in the sebum, the blood and the scalp. If you have an elevated level of scalp sebum, it means you have a high DHT level which again may trigger hair loss.
There are some precautionary measures you can take for your hair fall to stop worsening are mentioned as follows:
- Topical medications: You can use some medicated hair tonic, for topical applications. However, the effectiveness of these medications varies greatly from person to person and don’t expect miraculous results in the short run. Consult a doctor who can prescribe you specific ones according to your need.
- Oral medications: There are certain medications, which can control the level of testosterone within your body and stop or at least arrest severe hair loss. However, you should visit your doctor and may even need to go through multiple medical check us before an appropriate medication is prescribed to you.
- Food supplements: You can take food supplements, which provide amino acids and other vital nutrients to your hair follicles.
Surgical treatments, such as hair transplantation are also available as an option, which can help you cover bald patches on your scalp. However, these are expensive corrective treatments, which can be invasive and thus, you will to reconsider it carefully.
I am getting stretch marks on my shoulders, i'm not fat not gone to gym. The stretch marks are red initially later it turns to skin colour? What it might be and what is the cure?
I am 29 years old I have acne problem since childhood I have been suffering from acne. Because of this I have marks, scars & my face is not smooth it's just looks rough. One of my friend suggested me to use derma roller for scars & pores. So can you please tell me what should I apply before or after the derma roller. My face is oily.
I have deep acne scars my Dr. advice for fractional CO2 lasers how effective will it be or is there any other alternate more suitable.
I am getting too much hair fall. Small white coloured particles are attached to my scalp as well as to my hair. Is it dandruff or not. How should I overcome this problem.
Hello, I had 18 years old, Is radiance SKIN BRIGHTENING COMPLEX is helpful for me for fairer and brighter skin with no side effects?
Hiii. Sir I'm suffering from light hair loss please suggest me proper testament to get escape out of these problem.
Hi sir, I am suffering from hair fall loss since 7-8 years. I have itching problem but no dandruff. I have not taken any treatment. I sleep well & no tension. please suggest treatment or medicine & also any cheap hair transplantation is available. Thanks.
Hi, I am 25 years old female. I am having darker upper lip than lower. I have used different cream suggested by doctor such as Lip bless, lip sense. But they have not worked at all. Can you suggest something which would lighten my lips? I don't smoke or intake more coffee.
I am 23 years old. I have acne problems from past 2 yes. Please suggest me a solution to my acne problem. Also acne leaves a scar in the face pls suggest me a medication.
I have some red spots on the skin. The doctor says it is jerry angioma. Now a days it is spreading to more areas. What shall I do?
Lybrate | Dr Kandaswamy speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY