Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha subramaniamYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old, my bp id 110/64 mm/hg, what does this mean? Is this a concern? how can I rectify it?
I have been diagnosed with anxiety neurosis. It feels very uncomfortable at my left chest. Multiple ECG done. Nothing found. I am very negative. Thinks negative. M I developing any heart issues or its just in my mind? Pls advice.
Hello I wanted to ask that I have a pain in my left arm which some times leads a pain in mg chest also. Please suggest some home remedy if possible.
I am 46 years old male. My weight is 91 kgs and my height is 5ft 11 inches. Over the past 16 years I have suffered from hyperacidity (heartburn) and sleep apnea (snoring). But somebody suggested me to have antacid pills like pantocid. I started taking them since 2004 until 5-6 years back when I limited them to 1-2 tabs a week because of my knee problem. In due course I took to a habbit of 4-5 sachets of rajnigandha sadha paan masaala per day as a stimulant to stay alert during the day. And lately replaced (about 1.5 yrs now) it with sweety pan supaari (15-20 sachets a day). Though having supaari has brought tremendous relief to acidity (now I only take pantocid a tab a week) and also snoring but ever since made urinate quite often during the night. Whenever I try to sleep (even during the day) I get a full bladder feeling frequently and get a disturbed or no sleep (virtually) because of it. I have got my blood sugar checked 2-3 times but they were normal. Sometimes I sweat during the sleep for initial hours. I have a low heamoglobin count 8-10 (varying depending upon the efforts to grow them back). I also have the high tri-glycerides level but my good-bad cholestrol ratio is under control. I try to have omega3 capsules (amway) 2 times a week to counter the cholestrol. I am a regular weekend (fri-sun) alcohol drinker (90 to 150 mls during the drinking day). Currently worried about my sleepless nights due to irritating urine bouts. I got a ultrsound done in feb 14 to check if I have any enlarged prostate but it came out to be -ve with all vital organs working fine. Please suggest what to do.
How to reduce cholesterol in the body? Give me some suggestions about this reducing cholesterol in the body?
Hi I am suffering from 1 year high bp problem 100/150. There is a problem from 1 year cervical, vertigo,nausea & there is urinary obstruction problem from 5 years. I want to ask that a high bp problem is caused by urinary obstruction. I am asking because all my kidney tests r normal. But can urinary obstruction due to back pressure on kidney cause high bp problem or there is another problem. I have IBS also from 8 years but I think it is not a problem of high bp. Taking telma h 40 mg. But I want a permanent solution on these problems. Please advice me. Thanks.
Hi I have cholesterol swellings on my body can please give me an option or solution to resolve this issue if i touch am getting pain if not I don't have any problems with this.
When I do jogging, after some time while running, I feel little pain in my chest. I don't have asthma. I am a bit fat. I don't have any heart disease. Is it something with the body posture while running? Or because of breathing with chest instead of breathing with diaphragm. Help me.
I am 24 year old girl. Whenever I check my BP in the morning before food it will be 120/80. But after taking breakfast at 11 or 11: 30 if I check it will be 130/70. Always it will be like this. What is the reason? Is 130 too high? What should I do to reduce only systolic pressure? I exercise daily but I don't eat much salt. Per day may be one spoon I will eat. I have a little anxiety issues and acidity problem also.
Hi sir I am suffering from breathing problem from last 2 months and swelling cough from my nose please suggests me something.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.