Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha NarayanaYour feedback matters!
Which type of treatment is best for dental? i.E. I have met with an accident & lost teeth(front) .Now I have to go for fix the permanent teeth.Which method is best?
Most people say that after drinking tea one shouldn't drink water as it effect tooth health. Is it true.
I am facing tongue ulcer problem from long back I have consult doctors but still problem it there. Whenever I get tensed my tongue starts to became heavy. Please suggest.
What should we do if we find small cavities prevailing in two of our teeth so as to keep them healthy and strong?
Lots of inflammations on left cheek below eye due to dental or gums problem since 2 days. Given her Tab Moxikind- CV 625 1 BD Tab ACF SP 1BD nutrolin B 1 OD The problem remains without subsiding. Same problem got subsided after taking above medical treatment a year ago. However this year swelling is much more.
Professional scaling is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene. It should be done every six months. It helps in removing plaque, calculus, tartar which keeps depositing on teeth regularly and ultimately damages the teeth making it mobile by receding the gums. It also cause bleeding gums and bad breath. It may lead to several systemic diseases like heart failure, diabetes, liver and kidney distinction etc. So visit your dentist for regular checkup and dental cleaning.
My gums has effected Can grow once again my gums Pls give me a tips to grow my gums once a again. My age is 22 yrs.
HI I am 45years old because of conic generalised periodontal disease my entire teeth are removed in 2009december from that I am using denture now I want to get permanent teeth is it possible? what amount of money I have to send? how much time will it take to set right?
How to get rid of bad breathe and yellow stains on teeth. I don't drink alcohol and soft drinks too nor consume tobacco. Have the habit of taking tea twice a day. I regularly take orbit spearmint and use Listerine mouth wash once in a day or 2.
When ever I eat something like tamerind or lemon there is a different feeling in my teeth. May I know the reason for the same?
I am having pain on the left side of my mouth. Local doctors say that my gums have become very weak and my teeth are not properly gripped. I am a diabetic person. Please advise how to get rid of the problem. I am 62 years old and don't have any tooth decay.
Everyday when I wake up in the morning, my mouth is filled with dirty liquid that's smell very bad and I have to split it out. What's that and why is it?
I am 22 years old. When I am streching my mouth. Ie for eating and all. My left ear is having a pain. So, it is difficult for me to do any purposeful thing.?
Hello, l am 21 year old, recently i've treated with rootcanal and crowning (zirconia) for front teeth. And now I am facing cold sensitivity while drinking water. So please suggest me. What should I do?
Hi. Doctor mere ek teeth mei hole ho gaya hai. Ishme filling treatment hone mei kitna time aur day lagta hai. Approx cost kya ati h.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.