Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anantha Bhaskar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha BhaskarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am very worried actually I want to know whether gym is good or yoga? My present weight is 62.6 n my height is 5'3' and I have thyroid 6.2 and I am married n I want to conceive baby but did not able to please suggest me want can I do for this.
Do not worry ! Most women who have gestational diabetes give birth to healthy babies.Know more and take a few steps to protect your baby and yourself in the best possible way.Timely treatment can help both you and your baby stay healthy.
6 healthy steps towards a healthy diet plan:
* Eat small and frequent meals
○ Spread your intake of food evenly during the day.
* Include some healthy proteins in your diet
○ Protein : Protein sources do not raise your blood glucose level since they do not contain carbohydrates.
○ Many protein foods are rich in B vitamins that help in preventing birth defects.
○ Most women with gestational diabetes need 2-3 servings of protein everyday.
○ Protein -rich food : Milk,cheese,yoghurt ,meats,eggs,beans,soy,salmon.
* Include healthy carbohydrates in your diet.
○ Do not eat too much of these at once For example,whole/brown bread,cereals,rice ,potatoes,fruits etc.
* Free foods which can be eaten freely
○ These foods have very little or no carbohydrates.
○ Salads and vegetables (except potato,corn,sweet potato and legumes )
○ Fruits - Lemon,Lime and berries.
○ Drinks- Lemon water ,water ,very small amount of tea & coffee without sugar.
* Reduce sugar and artificial sweets
○ Avoid soft drinks,jams,chocolates, cakes and biscuits.
○ Reduce your intake of desserts.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
I got slight sugar complaint and doctor adviced to avoid sweets and sugar in tea. No medicine advised. What are the food to be avoided ?
My uric acid level is 6.5 what is the solution I am taking zyloric 10 twice daily is it correct dose.
Diabetes is a condition that cannot be completely cured. It can be regulated and brought under control. Once you maintain your usual level of diabetes within the prescribed normal amount, you can be referred to be as non-diabetic. Surging levels of diabetes over a long span of time might negatively affect some organs in your body and also deteriorate your immune powers. Here is where the role of Ayurvedic medicines becomes imperative. One of the most potent and competitive ways of to deal with diabetes and bring it under control, while deleting the chances of any side effects is with the use of Ayurvedic medicines and therapy.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
There is a long list of common symptoms related to diabetes. Some of the most common symptoms out of the lot are-
- Disproportionate and varied levels of thirst,
- Frequent and uncontrollable urge for urination,
- Sudden hunger sprang,
- Sudden weight loss for some,
- Sudden weight loss for some,
- Thinning hands and legs,
- A constant feeling of irritation,
- An increased level of fatigue,
- Blurring vision,
- Itchy and spotty skin,
- Slow healing of scratches and cuts,
- Increased chances of infection,
- Swollen gums, loosening teeth, pulling of gums away from the teeth,
- Deterioration in sexual activities amongst men,
- Tingling sensations and numbness in your hind and fore limbs, etc.
These symptoms only keep on increasing, till the time they start affecting serious organs of your body. This can be protected by a visit to Ayurvedic doctors in the initial days of detection of the disease.
How to Detect Diabetes?
Diabetes can be detected with the help of a blood test or urine test. Both these tests are competent enough to detect the level of sugar in your blood and also whether it is controlled or not. Visiting a doctor can also help you to put your finger on the fact, whether the symptoms you are facing are related to diabetes or not.
When Should You Consult a Specialist?
You should visit a doctor as soon as you notice a couple of symptoms of diabetes mentioned above or for that matter have had your monthly medical tests done, and they show an uncontrolled level of glucose in your blood. Consulting a doctor will lead to a proper diagnosis of the condition and the prescription of best Ayurvedic medicines and treatments for speedy recovery.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Diabetes:
Though diabetes can be regarded to as a modern ailment, Ayurveda has surfaced as one of the best cures for the condition. The aim of Ayurveda is to control the level of glucose in the blood, with the use of all natural medication, which poses no additional harm or side effects to the patients.
Diabetes is a life style disorder in which the role of the drug is last. First is observing dietic principles, second is practicing pranayama, meditation and yoga regularly. And lastly, the use of drugs. Hence one should never take lot of stress. Worrying increases the problem. Very simple drugs are Amlaki Haridra Guduchi Avarthaki (Thangedu in telugu) are highly recommend.
Some of the best Ayurvedic medicines for diabetes are-
- Coccinia Indica,
- Neem or Azadirachta Indica,
- Mulberry or Morus Indica,
- Bitte Gourd or Momordica Charantia,
- Eugenic Jambolana,
- Fenugreek or Trigonella Foenum, etc.
While these Ayurvedic medicines might not cure the condition 100% but they control the level of glucose to a level where a patient becomes almost normal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!