Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anantha Bhaskar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anantha BhaskarYour feedback matters!
I have thyroid since 1 year and my tsh is 7.5. I have irregular periods due to pcod. My weight is 58kg n height is 5ft7in. I want to conceive what should I do? I already have history of abortion due to blighted ovum. So please help.
My daughter 44 years old, has only one son 22 years old has B.P.& Diabetes. Now for the last 10 years is suffering from VASCULITIS. She consulted Allopathic doctor &took 3 times injection cyclophosphamide one month intercellular&felt better. After some time she was told to take Homeopathy medicine. Please inform 1) Allopathic medicine 2) Homeopathy MEDICINE. Thanks.
My mother is CKD/diabetes /BP aged 70 yrs. She felt walking problems and Doppler of lower limb was done. The report says Doppler of left lower limb is normal in course and calibre with full compressible and show normal wave pattern with good augmentation on calf compression. SFJ and SPJ are competent. However on right - thrombus CFV, SFV,PV with partial realization, augmentation on distal, compression is mild present. Diffuse subcutaneous odema present. IMPRESSION THROMBUS WITH partial realisation ON CFV, SFV,PV. I) WHAT IS THIS? 2) WHAT KIND OF treatment IS RECOMMENDED?
My mothers fnac report for thyroid cyst says in microscopic observation that: shows scanty cellularity with a few follicular cells arranged in small acinar pattern. background shows pigment laden macrophages in colloid material Impression says: suggestive of cyst fluid only My question is that what I have known from internet is that if report says cystic fluid only then the test is unsatisfactory or undiagnostic can I take this report as begin condition.
Hi Doctor, I am a 53 year old male, insulin dependent diabetic and a hypertensive. To add to this I am having BI polar disorder. Sugar control is average or below. BP under control. Now my medicines Lantus 20 units at Bedtime, Novorapid 10 units before lunch Glycigon 80, two times a day, two tablets each time For BP Olmin 40 LN Bloc 20 pantoprazole with Domstal one time a day As far as Bipolar problem is concerned I am cleared by psychiatrist to take all the above with the medicines he prescribed. I consider this a sensitive matter. I am always in stress because of my Job, I am the GM or second in command of a large turnover construction company. My morning sugar is between 95 tp 110, but post breakfast after 2 hours is 225. After taking my lunch I take novorapid 10 units hence for few hours my sugar drops to normal range. Again in the evening it when Novorapid effect is gone it climbs to 250-275. Remains like that perhaps till I sleep after taking Lantus 20 units, again in the morning it is normal. HB1C today's test shows a reading of 7.0. What should I do to take this reading to 6.0.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!