Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ananth Narayanan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ananth NarayananYour feedback matters!
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
Bad breath ki problem Hai kya scaling karane ke baad teeth me senstivity to nahi ho jayegi agar sensitive ho jaaye to kya karna chahiye please tell me sir.
Hii..... Dr. I am using sensodyne toothpaste but I don't have sensitivity problem .is there any problem in using it?
I don't feel hungry at all and even feel lazy to eat anything. I skip meals on regular basis. I even tried eating tonics to increase my hunger but it only effect me for 1 or 2 days and than it also stop working. Honestly, I'm not so regular in eating medicines or tonics. Now I'm 19 and slowly all my body parts are getting weaken. Like my eyes they recently got specs of about -0.5 and my teeth started aching due to lack of calcium. In short, all the energy which my body has saved is now vanished resulting me in a poor health condition. N even though I know the reason, I can't tackle it. For me eating food is like the biggest responsibility. Need help please and I look very thin.Please tell.
Who doesn’t love the smell and the freshness of a mouthwash splashing across their oral cavities?
Many agree that the first thing that comes to their mind when they want to eliminate bad breath is to use a good mouth wash. Moreover, mouthwash has moved over to other realms and are now actively fighting gum and tooth problems along with their elder cousin, a toothpaste. However, there exists some scepticism that prolonged usage of mouthwash may not be good for your health. Let us look at some definitions in detail.
Can mouthwash reduce bad breath?
Yes, a mouthwash can temporarily restrict bad breath, but it is never a permanent solution. A good oral hygiene comes from regular brushing and flossing practice and these are still the best ways to curb bad breath from its root. Mouth rinses are used for a variety of reasons: to freshen up breath, to help prevent or control tooth decay, and to reduce plaque
Is it necessary to use mouthwash?
A mouthwash is not mandatory to give a good oral health. An effective routine of brushing and flossing your teeth is enough to take care of good oral hygiene. Mouthwash is like an add-on to your oral care regime and is definitely not an alternative for brushing and flossing.
Advantages of using a mouthwash
A mouthwash can easily go into places between your teeth and gums and can help remove food particles that might have missed when you brushed. It can be used to kill bad odour of your mouth temporarily and can freshen up your breath. In some cases, a mouthwash may be recommended to treat infection, reduce inflammation and relieve pain
Disadvantages of using a Mouthwash
Most of the mouthwash contain a high amount of alcohol content in them and their prolonged usage is not safe for your mouth. In some cases, alcohol causes sensitivity to the root surface of your teeth and this may lead to adverse effect on the senses of your teeth. Mouthwash is strictly meant for spitting and accidental consumption may not be good for your health. They actually contain products that can be very harmful if taken in large amounts. It is generally not advised for children and even adults can limit their usage to twice a day. Always check with your dentist before you take up and use a mouth wash. It is also best if you can opt for a homemade mouthwash that has natural ingredients in them for taking care of your bad breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 18 years old my problem is teeth is very yellow so please advise to make teeth white. Please advise.
Sir I have problem in my teeths. Usually I do not eat sweets but when I ate than I feel a very strange feeling not pain but an unbearable feeling. Please tell me about it.
I am 62 yrs old and a diabetic & heart patient, I just want to know from a dentist that can a gap between two front upper teeth be filled, as now when I speak sp. C or s it comes with a hissing sound, please advise and approx cost. Regards.
Many people are satisfied with the sparkle they get from daily brushing and regular cleanings at your dentist’s clinic, but if you decide you would like to go beyond this to make your smile look brighter, you should investigate all of your whitening options.
Start by speaking with your dentist. He or she can tell you whether whitening procedures would be effective for you. Whiteners may not correct all types of discoloration. For example, yellow-ish hued teeth will probably bleach well, brownish-colored teeth may bleach less well, and grayish-hued teeth may not bleach well at all. If you have had bonding or tooth-colored fillings placed in your front teeth the whitener will not affect the color of these materials, and they will stand out in your newly whitened smile. You may want to investigate other options, like porcelain veneers or dental bonding.
If you are a candidate for whitening there are several ways to whiten your smile:
• In-office bleaching. This procedure is called chairside bleaching and usually requires only one office visit. The dentist will apply either a protective gel to your gums or a rubber shield to protect the oral soft tissues. A bleaching agent is then applied to the teeth, and a special light may be used. Lasers have been used during tooth whitening procedures to enhance the action of the whitening agent.
• At-home bleaching. Peroxide-containing whiteners actually bleach the tooth enamel. They typically come in a gel and are placed in a specially made bleaching trays. Usage regimens vary. There are potential side effects, such as increased sensitivity or gum irritation. Speak with your dentist if you have any concerns.
• Whitening toothpastes. All toothpastes help remove surface stain through the action of mild abrasives. "Whitening" toothpastes have special chemical or polishing agents that provide additional stain removal effectiveness. Unlike bleaches, these products do not change the color of teeth because they can only remove stains on the surface.