Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnantanarayananYour feedback matters!
On & off there is continuous bleeding from my teeth now condition is very serious. My gums bleed 24 hours. My teeth are very clean & no hygiene problem. Please help
Root canal therapy (RCT) followed by a crown is the most common mode of treatment for severely decayed teeth. However, this is not devoid of failure. In another case, if a tooth could not be salvaged by RCT, then extraction followed by a bridge (replacing the removed tooth with support from adjacent healthy teeth) became the next best option.
In both cases, especially latter, healthy teeth are being manipulated to support the tooth being replaced. The next quest was to work without touching the sound tooth. So, instead of taking support from adjacent teeth, thought was given to provide support from within the bone very similar to how a natural tooth stands. The lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. This was the beginning of dental implants, which has gained significant popularity over the last two to three decades.
1. Does not affect adjacent healthy teeth
2. Functionally better, as it has stronger support from the bone
3. More aesthetically appealing
4. Maintain facial bone and soft tissue structure
5. Better for the gum health compared to bridges
6. Easier oral hygiene practices
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant. The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed.
Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Regular brushing and flossing, rinsing and mouthwashing assume a greater significance in patients with implants. Also, regular visits to the dentist are a must.
Dental implants are a boon for missing teeth, with the various advantages. However, it is not for all, with excellent bone health being one of the prerequisites. A thorough dental examination will help determine if you are a right candidate. Visit your dentist to find out more.
My teeth get sensitivity from last two week I have used sensodyne toothpaste but till now I don't get relief.
Teeth become yellowish even though care to clean is taken. How to get rid of this problem so as to have brivht teeth.
How often do I really need to have my teeth professionally cleaned? I'm suffering from a gum disease. Its bleeding every single day.
Good day 1 week ago saturday I had a very bad injury I fall down on ice and injure my left leg. I went toi the hospital and stayed one day there now they saying my muscles above my left knee (ferrum) was a little bit broken open and we can do two things they told me or we make operation or put a brace. I have chosen for a brace and they told me 4 weeks home to recover with the brace and do not walk too much and walk with crutches. My question is will I recover with my leg totally after a lot of rest and do not walk too much.
I have bubble in my mouth for 3 days, it is paining and I can't able to eat because while touching it was and pain. so what to so?
Dental pain is the worst pain encountered by us among all other pains.
So let us have a look at different remedies and solutions to dental pain.
A. Neemba a herb easily available best for soothing pain.
B. Haridra another herb to apply and gargle for tooth pain.
C. Baool is good for any tooth pain or decay.
D. Marich or black pepper is good for dental pain in ayurveda.
E. Asoka tree bark skin in warm water and gargle is good to relieve pain.
F. Kanchanara guggul 2 pills twice daily relieves inflammation swelling due to dental pain and infection.
A. Merc sol is a medicine for dental pain in homeopathic
B. Coffea is a homeopathic medicine for dental pain and hot food sensitivity.
C. Sepia is a medicine for sweet food pain in teeth.
D. Kreosote for dental pain gum inflammation gum bleeding and radiating pains to ear and head.
E. Mezereum medicine in homeopathy for carious tooth.
3. House hold things to relieve pain.
A. Hing ????
4. Treatment through dental clinics are also there which includes elaborate description.
A. X rays like iopa cbct opg ct scan etc
B. Rct root canal treatment.
C. Scaling and root planing.
E. Muscle relaxants and painkillers along with proper treatment procedure.
I. Splinting and prosthesis like bridge crown or composite.
Dental Implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows your dentist to mount replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. An implant doesn't come loose like a denture can.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of Implant Placement:
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density, initial fit of the implant during surgery, the other teeth, area of jaw, loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types:
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately, followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone. After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly. The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause. Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
Things to keep in mind post Dental Implant:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.