Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anandaraj PaulYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my sister is 16 years old and has tmj. Though the infection is 80% reduced, she has a lot of pain and difficulty in opening her mouth, on medication for last 15 days like heavy antibiotics and so her pain was at ease but again after the antibiotic dose got over her pain has returned back. So the oral surgeons who is again the best in the city has asked her to wrap a crape bandage so that the jaw movement is in control. I really need a second opinion because surgery route is a bit displeasing to my mom. And why does this tmj happens.
Ge Do eating WARF (blood thinner) medicine 2mg daily for 6years cause Dental problems also? Please reply.
Sir my mouth is full of ulcer and take many medicine but I'm not feel good so please tell me medicine.
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments.
I'm a 26 year old male and my front 4 teeth are not aligned properly Upper & lower so what kind of braces should I go for and how much time and money will the process take? Http://i. Imgur. Com/cXGb4z4. Jpg.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from many days which makes me unable to eat anything. Will you suggest me something which makes to reduce that problem?
I have done with root canal for my left upper first bicuspid, i am still feeling pain sometimes and frequently bad smell comes out.Can you please suggest me .
I have pain on my tooth on the right corner of upper jaw, since 4 days. I need to know why is this happening. I didn't have cavities.
I just got my tooth got extracted. Its normal extraction. Its been 3 days nw. Wn can I start eating chicken or non veg?
Why my 5 year old girls ,upper front tooth is moving .she has very clean teeth .so what reason that her front tooth will fall off soon.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
There is an ulcer in my mouth on both sides. I'm worrying that it can be cancer. There is no pain, however. Kindly help.
Last year I have undergone for root canal treatment. Few days back the cap they kept came out while I was chewing a chocolate. Then I washed the cap n fitted it. Again next day it came out while eating then again I fitted it. I stopped chewing that side. Why is it happening like that? what should I do?
? Tooth sensitivity is the pain you may feel when you eat or drink hot or cold foods or drinks.
? Sensitivity happens when gums pull away from the teeth or when gum tissue is lost. This exposes the tooth root area below the gum line ,resulting in sensitivity.
? USE a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid hurting your gums and teeth.
? You can also ask your dentist about special toothpastes for sensitive teeth.