Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. AnandaJothiYour feedback matters!
I have little back pain from 5 days. It gets increase when I sleep at night and after waking up in the morning. So can you suggest any medicine for this pain?
I am 28 years old and there is pain in my back bone for 2 months I have taken the medicine but not effective.
I am 64 years old female. I have tennis elbow,&have disc problems. Now suddenly pain in fingers stared, not able to hold anything firmly with fingers.
I am 29 years old male having back ache due to having height of 6'2. please give me some suggestions.
I have a night fall problem doctor and it occurs every night. Please. Tell what to do and one more thing I have a back problem. Of lower slip disc.
Hi I am jayaraj 29 years old ,I am getting shoulder and neck pain although the day and I am getting pain all in my joints especially in my left hand wrist and after getting up from bed I am getting shivering what will my problem and whom should I consult for this.
My senior frnd is having a small injury on right thumb in a minor accident for last 14 days. He was taking neosporin powder on the spot regularly but no such vital improvement. He has diabetes since 12 yrs but under control. Kindly prescribe new medicine.
I have severe backpain when travelling in long journeys. Doctor suggested using some pillow. Please suggest a suitable solution.
My age is 85 years. Her brain is affected. Can send MRI report. Her hip bone has also fractured. Can we go for hip bone surgery.
Yesterday, when I was playing cricket. My hand is broken. I can't move my shoulder properly. Please suggest me what can I do?
Once I lied on bed for sleep, I feel my body and legs are paining alot, but I'm not feeling that pain when I was in work, may I know what's the reason for that, give me some suggestions.
Although I am taking stamlo Beta for my Blood pressure as advised by a doctor I am getting tired too often and my muscles does not allow me to run ,therefore I want to get rid of stiffness in my muscle and not to be tired after running a short distance because I am a sports person. Will you help me ?
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.