Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AnandababuYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, am asking question for my fiance. He is 29 years old male. He is having small bumps under both the eyes looking like prickly heat. But it s not a pimple or prickly heat. It's present in more than 8 years. Is it skin problem? then what should do? help me.
I got a small lump inside my lower right eyelid. Initially it was paining but slowly it's getting better. I am using gentamycin eye drops to get away with any infection. Help me out with this.
I have work in it sector sometimes am problem in eye and frequently I have problem its pain I can't work in night time due to this I want some solutions to solve this as possible please suggest me.
Having myopia spherical lenses RE - 1.25 LE --1.5 what should I do to improve my eyesight. What should I eat. Any exercise for this purpose.
When I go outside from the home or any place then my eyes become red. What is solution this problem?
Dear sir, this is Vasu, I have a problem. That is the quantity of sperm released from my penny's is very low. I. E. 4 to 5 drops only, when I was meet wit my wife. Is it have any negative impact on fertility? Why because I got marriage 8 months back still my wife is having pregnancy. So pls kindly give solutions to have children. Please sir suggest me how to improve my sperm quantity. Also suggest me natural food for improving quantity of sperm. Please kindly tell me sir. Thanking you sir,
I have problem seeing far things. One doctor prescribed glasses with power OD: sph -1.25, cyl +0.50 axs 64, OS: sph -1.25, cyl +1.0 axs 89, which I find bit uncomfortable. I think its not accurate. When I tested again, another doctor gave right: sph 0, cyl -0.50 axs 160, left: sph 0, cyl - 0.75, axis 180 Why is second testing gave CYL negative. Is this okay?
Left eye red and painful in Aug 2016. Diagnosed nodular scleritis. Given wysalone tabs, 60mg a day, reducing 10 mg a week for 28 days and navnec drops 3 times a day. Redness subsided but after 3 weeks, again symptoms appeared. Was given pred forte drops 4 times a day, reducing 1 drop a week for 28 day's. This treatment will end in 10 days. If i get the symptoms again, should i continue pred forte? Please help as I am out of town and can't meet my doctor.
In 2005, I have had a injury on left eyebrow. After two of injury, I was operated for cataract in navsari gujarat. 6 year later I noticed, I am having Only 30 to 40 percent vision. I visited to Choithram netralay Indore. I went through victretomy nd sf6 there by Manish dave sir ,as Dr. Said, may be retina got swelled therefore I operated .before surgery My OCT was different. After surgery ,my OCT is normal as Dr. Said. But no improvement in vision. I them visited to shankar netralay chennai, Ms. Munna bhende mam ,checked me up and suggest to wear glass. I have asked to replant lens but they said it may dangerous. In indore, Arun bhargav sir, suggest me to take this risk. Now what should I do. Is there any retina specialist in india? Or I should replant lens. thanks in advance .please reply soon.
I had stye on my both eyes from last 1 year. After getting challizione still I have stye remained. What should I do for that as I have been getting prescribed medicine for it.
I have double vision problem and right eye with an amblyopia .Doctor said right eye is with optic atrophy .So no solution .Is der is any treatment from which i could see with clear vision and not with double vision.
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Peripheral neuropathy: Another complication of this illness is peripheral neuropathy, which is a tingling, burning and numbness sensation felt in your feet and hands.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.