Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ananda PratapYour feedback matters!
My brother he is 28, mentally ill, we took him to a clinic in ranchi and got treatment for a month but no sign of improvment, he blame us why we took him to mental hospital and let him get shock treatment. He keep on talking, murmuring words, cant sleep until 2am, pls advise. Thanks.
Hi I want to know whether I am touching bipolar anywhere I am depressed 24 hours. I feel like crying all time. Each time I travel or something I feel like committing suicide. People call me immature for the way I speak. But the truth is whenever I open my mouth fear walks along. It happens all the time. My situation is turning more worse than before.
Hello doctor, I am using mouth tobacco for past 2 years. And I want to stop it but I am afraid of withdrawal symptoms. And also I tried stopping it but I felt very hard to concentrate to stop it. Can you please help me to stop this habit without any withdrawal symptoms?
I am 19 years old and some daily upto 6 or 8 cigarette. I know its harmful but I can not stop it. What can I do.
I am suffering from feeling energy less from childhood. It affects my personality and confidence too. I fear to do heavy and continue work. Please tell possible reasons and treatment for this problem.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.
I am 23 year old, male. My problem is that I have recently shifted to Delhi for study purpose and I live in P. G. After eating food, I feel like acidity in my stomach and burning sensation in my food pipe. Please let me know the solution for this problem. Thank you.
I'm having problem in remembering and understanding things. I learn and forget after few hours Im feeling difficulty in understanding also. Also having headache and neck pain form one month. Head pains in left side and neck also left side tell me why this happening.
My sister has been taking antidepresant estalopram 5mgfor the last 12 years at the age of 15 I am not fully improved now I want to leave the medicine how.
I am feeling like I have a big burden. I just don't know. What to do. I am aware of the situation but I just can do the things right. I am really breaking down. I am not sure even I can live like this. I really need help.
Hello doctor my brother age is 10 years old. He is really aggressive and hyper child. He is good in studies but he get hyper very fast and start beating or throwing thing to other. He always play games on tv and moreover he always used to fight in school. Nowdays I am really fedup with his behavior. Every teacher complain about him. Please suggest me how to tackle him and how to counsel him.
Only one sister not supporting me im going through depression and she is always shouting hard to find any positivity Do help with respect.
I lost my close friend last month and since then I am very lonely and unhappy and keep alone within me. Please help me.
Hello sir I am 43 years old and having problem of depression. Pl advice me to over come from this problem.
I need a satisfied answer I changed the college due to not fit for environment and adjustment problem at chennai for 11 months I applied for medical college at top most university at south as well as india due to mentally and physically torcher by students out there got ragged also I was alone no body to talk at all. All were tamilains and malyalams and I was a north east boy who they dominant they hate us I do not know why people of india think us so different we are to humans begins and indian to so due that stress my health problem start build up chest pain though im non smoker and drinker every day headache lots of negative senses were killing me so now decided to shift at kolkata but I do not why from inside some thing is itching why I my mind is saying you should stay there by the people of locality and friends they are telling me you should adjust there by this its killing me I changed coz my health was not so good and mentally was not fit there please I want to know thay did I do right choice changing the college form chennai to kolkata im shifting now for the same field at medical course please tell me give me guidance every time I think about that college and fell guilty about if I adjust there the things could be different in other way I think about my health for medical student what is good for please guide did I did right or wrong.
A vitamin is an organic compound, which is required by the human body in appropriate amounts to ensure the proper and healthy functioning of the various body parts. These vitamins help you in being healthy and maintaining an optimum level of brain activity. The deficiency of the same can cause you to have various health issues and illnesses.
B Vitamins are of various subtypes, and they are collectively known as B-Complex Vitamins. These vitamins are medically proven to relieve stress and boost up your energy levels. They also fight depression, restrict brain ageing and help you to live a longer life. Here's how B vitamins help in keeping your brain healthy.
- Prevent mental decline: The three vitamin B types that help to avoid a mental decline are: B6, B12, and B9 (Folic Acid). Additionally, these 3 vitamins also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Act as dopamine boosters: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter inside the brain that that boosts productivity, motivation and focus among human beings. This helps to ensure your mental well-being keep you mentally happy. B vitamins enhance your brain health by facilitating an increase in dopamine levels.
- Lets you avoid mental disorders: The lack of Vitamin B12 leads to certain mental disorders like- dementia, brain atrophy, brain shrinkage, depression, and schizophrenia. You can avoid this condition by taking Vitamin B12 supplements.
- Sharpen memory: In case you have a short term memory or face other memory problems, various forms of B vitamins supplements will help you to regain the optimal state of mind.