Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ananda PratapYour feedback matters!
I always remain thinking about something and taking tension. I like loneliness also. I get irritated even on small things in family. Pls guide.
I am 17 years old student I have not slept well from last two days and now I cannot concentrate on my studies.
I have problem with my heart beat I am suffering high blood pressure when ever I am in any sort of anxiety. Is there any chance of heart attack.
I have a stammering problem since last 2 years. I'm not able to attend any interviews for this problem . Can you please help me out.
My wife is depressed for about 1.5 years and she dislikes all my relatives and family members and abuses all my family members. We live separately now but in spite of this she feel and pray bad for them. We married very late before 2 years and have no child and house. She is too much worried about these things She is hearted with behaviour of my family members and unable to forget all moments with my family members till date. What should I do? She got treatment one year with IHBAS Delhi. But she remembers and abuses everything still now.
Although a natural emotion, anger needs to be managed at all times so that it doesn’t get out of control and cause problems in your life. Whether at home, work or in your relationships, uncontrolled anger can affect your general life quality. However, controlling your anger comes with the benefit of improving your overall health, while reducing stress levels.
Here are some of the ways that you could learn to gain control on your temper:
1. Practice deep breathing
Instead of allowing your anger to get out of control, every time you start feeling angry, get down to practicing some simple breathing techniques to calm your tense body and mind. Here’s what you should do when enraged:
- Take slow, but deep breaths to counteract the stress reaction that usually accompanies anger
- Slowly repeat a calming word or phrase, which could be “relax”, “take it easy” or “I am in control of my anger”
- Work on your muscles by tightening and then relaxing them
2. Count from 1 to 100 or 100 to 1
Counting numbers can prevent you from flying off the handle. It takes your mind away from the cause of your anger and prevents you from mulling over the situation. The act of counting also provides you with the time to delay the impulsive behaviour that often follows the emotion. You can even make this more effective by breathing in slowly and deeply whenever you start on a
3. Focus on the present
Whenever you’re angry, don’t look back at the past. By doing so, you may end up bringing past grievances into your present situation, while holding others responsible for feeling how and what you feel. Instead focus your attention on what you can do in the present to work out the issue.
4. Relax tight muscles
Another tip that can help you to cool down fast is a gentle massage of the areas of tension, which are usually the shoulders, neck and scalp. For the shoulders, simply rotate them to relax tight muscles. To release the tension that gets built up in your neck and head region, perform a simple scalp massage to improve blood circulation and consequently, relax your mind.
5. Listen to music
Listening to music can soothe frayed nerves and calm you down. It works by helping you to sieve through the feelings of anger and disappointment in a constructive manner.
6. Change of situation
Taking yourself away from the source of anger, whether it’s the place or the person concerned, is an anger management skill that you can use to calm yourself. To do this, you can either close your eyes and transport yourself to a quiet and peaceful place or simply walk away to let your anger fizzle out.
I am having a relationship problem with my girlfriend. I am unable to say that she hurts me directly without hurting her.
Hi, I'm 25 years old male. Whenever i'm in the state of anxiety/fear or nervous situations, my hands are shaking. I encountered this problem at the age of 18. Can you please let me know the remedies for this? If I need to see a doctor, which specialist should I consult?
I am a 35 years old man. I am suffering from pain over the whole body including head, neck, shoulders, arms, palm, back, thighs, calf and ankles. Whenever any part of my body aches I gets stressed and worry for a long time about the same. My blood sugar, lipid profile, uric acid are within normal limits. My doctor has prescribed Epalrica MP once daily after dinner for one month. I have learn that it is used to treat diabetic neuropathy. As my blood sugar is within normal limits is it the right medicine for my condition?
Hi My uncle had Parkinson's at the age of 73. Unka dimaag kharab ho gaya tha. Woh maid ko ched dete the. Thoda character loose ho gaya tha. I I hope this character kharab hona is not the symptom of Parkinson's or its medicines. N it is not necessary I that all Parkinson's patient behave like my uncle Please give me positive reply.
मैं Bsc के प्रथम वर्ष का नियमित छात्र हूं पढने में भी अच्छा हूं, मगर सालों से, शायद बच्चपन से मैं अवसाद में हूं, अपने आप से पागलों कि तरह बातें करता हूं, जो चीज दिल में आती है उसी कि कल्पना करके कहानियां बना लेता हूं, ऐसी कहानियां जो सिर्फ और सिर्फ कल्पनाशील है, जब खुशी का माहौल होता है तो ज्यादा दिक्कत होती है मुझे, मेरा दिमाग भारी पन, बालों में दर्द, थकान महसूस करता है, कुच्छ समझ नहीं आता मैं क्या करूं? मेरे व्यवहार कोई दिक्कत नहीं है, मगर इस थकान के साथ शायद मैं ज्यादा वक्त नहीं रूक पाऊंगा, मेरी सहायता किजिए?
My marriage was 1 year ago. My wife is an asst professor. She do not like my family my home and members of my community. She always quarrels with me regarding my family. Bt she loves me alot. She always speak rudely to my family members. Is it a disease or not. Is there any remedy for this.
I am unable to control my impatience, anger and anxiety, as a result I make the life of people around me difficult. I do not think my expectations are unrealistic. It's just that I do not tolerate chalta-hai attitude. People feel that I go into minute details. But then quality comes with details. Maybe I'm failing to carry people with me.
I am 29 yrs, now due not having job and some other issues I going in tremendous stress and depression I unable to sleep at night and day also all the times lots of bad thoughts are coming in to mind and all thoughts indicating that I can not do anything in life all thr time negative thaougts coming in to mind it shows all way to suicide please help me to overcome this situation.
Im 19 year old. I got my first periods when I was 12. Since my first time. I never got my periods regularly. I get in once in 4 months. N even aftr getting I bleed only for 3 days. I consulted my family doc she told me that it is because to stress. But im getting scared even aftr so many years im nt getting it regularly. Was shall I do so that I get my periods regularly.
Eating healthy is very helpful for your mental and also your physical well-being. The mind requires nutrients just like your heart, muscles and lungs do. These can be derived from the following ingredients.
- Berries: Berries, particularly dark ones, such as cherries, blackberries and blueberries, are a great source of anthocyanins and different flavonoids that can boost your memory. Try to consume these in small portions at least twice a day. You can enjoy a handful in the form of snacks, add them in your cereal or bake them into a dessert like muffins or pancakes. Fresh, frozen or dried berries and cherries can reap you a lot of benefits other than memory boost as well.
- Avocados: Avocados are green powerhouse and are stuffed with mono-saturated fats containing both vitamin K and folate. Avocados prevent blood clots in the brain, protect you against strokes and enhance the cognitive capacity of the brain, both in terms of memory as well as concentration.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains large amounts of vitamin K and choline. It tends to help keep your memory sharp. It is also filled with vitamin C where just one glass provides you with 150% of your recommended every day consumption.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil fills in as a naturally calming, anti-inflammatory agent. It stiffens the cells in charge of inflammation and aggravation. It can help with memory loss as you age and will kill awful microscopic organisms that are present in your gut.
- Salmon: Salmon is a well-known ingredient amongst the most nutritious and healthy food items recommended for the brain. It is highly rich in Omega-3 unsaturated fats and keeps the brain running, gets rid of brain fog and improves memory.
- Pumpkin seeds: Highly rich in zinc than most seeds, pumpkin seeds supply this highly valuable mineral which is very important for improving memory and thinking abilities. These little seeds are also loaded with stress-busting magnesium, B vitamins and tryptophan that is a precursor to the good mood substance called serotonin.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are very well known for a positive impact on the heart's health. Walnuts may likewise enhance the working memory and boost it further. One can take them as a snack at any point in the day, be it to fulfill late morning hunger or add them to cereal or serving of mixed vegetables for crunch. You can also blend them into a vegetable panfry for additional protein.
Different kinds of food products have different effects on the body as well as the brain. To have a healthy body, one definitely needs to have a sound and healthy mind. Eating junk food blocks certain functions of the brain over the years whereas, a healthy diet may help in keeping you physically, mentally and psychologically healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.