Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Anand PrathapYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I see yellow stains in tooth. I dnt drink or smoke. I brush regularly, What is the remedy? Recently seeing myself so close to observe this. I'm 31 male and really worried on this. Regards.
The problem started with throat infection and pressure in head. The pressure starts from neck and with in a few hours it covers entire head. I feel uncomfortable and can't concentrate on work properly. Throat infection gone but I still feel head pressure till date. I live in Mumbai. I contacted doctors he suggested renal and lipid profile test. Cholesterol is slightly high. Triglyceride - 244.70 < 200 mg/dl gpo-pap Vldl - 48.94 (5-35) mg/dl calculated. Renal profile is ok. Near vision is slightly low but as per ophthalmologist spectacles not required. I am 40 year male & work in IT sector before computer 10-12 hours per day. My physician suggested to change your routine and take high fibre food to control cholesterol, But I still not comfortable due to head pressure. It is not like starting days but not completely vanished. I took wikoryl tab for 7 days and betadine gargle. Any expert opinion would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hi doctor im suffering from anxiety from 9 months and now reduced my dosage to szetalo 5 please hlp me is this anxiety permanent n best way is to deal it in good way or it will go in months please hlp is it permanent.
Hi I have a problem with me I once had some tension and went to doctor he said it would be a heart problem and asked to check up I gone through all check at last it was all normal after that I suddenly get lot of fear on my mind and I checked the symptoms on net it says anxiety can any one suggest how to over come from this.
I can't control my anger. And i'm also suffering some mental distortion. Which medicine should I use for my mental stability and relaxation?
Hi I am 35 year old and working for a pvt firm. I have a good experience about my profile and am able to execute tough tasks. I changed jobs frequently for better opportunities and all the time I faced lots of difficulty in setting down. Infact, at some places I couldn't and finally left the job. Please help is there anything wrong with me.
Recently I was on some meds for my OCD and high anxiety. Did not help but made me gain absurd 10 kgs in just 2 months. Now it's been another 3 months after I stopped them. Been actively working out cardio and on strict diet but still not been able to remove those extra kgs especially man boobs. Is there any fat burner to assist in losing weight without altering my high anxiety condition? PS I'm not on any meds right now. T hanks.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.