Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
I am 41 years old development professional. I am suffering from unnecessary fear of somewhat happens.
How to quit smoking? I have used nicotine chewing gum but it can't helps. I am addict for this from past 7 years and smoke 1 chigrate per day. Whenever I have alone or on the way my mind is pushing me to smoke? Please help me.
I am thinking negative as like dying every time. I am trying to not think such type of negative but nothing happening so please suggest me and guide me.
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN
I smoke weed regularly, 3-4 blunts a day. But I don't drink at all. How can it affect me? On the positive side I go to the gym daily.
Lalalajpat is my aunty she has a disease called schizophrenia. Can anyone suggest me any suggestions for curing her and are there any chances of getting my aunt to normal conditions? Please help.
How to stop the smoking please suggest me. I am 3 years smoker I need to stop a smoking. How do this please suggest me.
I am twenty seven years old. I am not married. Whether it is possible to live with out marring for life.?
Meri English itni acchi nhi hai so ye problm me aapko hindi me type kr rha hu. Dr. please save my life. Me apni ab tak ki life se bhut frustrated ho gya hu kuch nazar nhi aa rha kya kru kidr jau ye mail me aapko bhut Asha ke sath kr rha hu. Ab me aapko apni story btata hu ki actual me meri ye position kaise hui. Meri age 26 year old. Me ek village se belong krta hu, Haryana. Me childhood se bhut touchy type rha hu mere hr bat dil me lg jati hai mera brother muje meri shkl meri hr activity ke liye muje chidata rhta tha dhire dhire wo mjak muj me frustration me convert ho gyi or me khud se nafrat krne lga apne hr kam me kamjor feel hone lga. Mene apna face 15-20 din tk mirror me nhi dekha or na hi ghr pe bta paya ki me kya feel kr rha hu. Me kisi b public place, function me Jane se drta tha. Iska asr study pe b pdna tha mere 12th me sirf 49% marks aaye or dhire dhire ye silsila bdhta rha. B. Com final year ke pass me puri trh se negativity se bhr gya tha. Mere b. Com me b 52% marks aaye. During graduation Jaise jaise jwan hota gya newspaper, books me sex disease ke bare me ulta sidha pdh ke dimag me illusion paida ho gyi. Me ghr pe kuch ni btata tha ye bate 2008-09 ke ass pas ki hai mene b. Com Complete krne ke bad CA me admission le liya or entrance test ki tyari krne lga. Ishi bich ek din mummy ko btana pda because meri mental health bigdti ja rhi thi halaki sex related illusion ke bare me mene tb b koi jikr nhi kiya bs ye bola ki me life se tng aa chuka hu or meri mental health shi nhi hai. Me or jada Dr. gya tha ki khi meri mental health bigd na jaye khi me logo ko pathar marna suru na kr du blah blah. Tb papa mere ko jaipur le ke gyi wha meri counseling hui mene wha sb btaya but tb tk meri dimag bhut grm ho chuka tha muje pta nhi unhone kya suggest kia. Idhr mera CA ka entrance test CPT hona tha sath me meri jaipur ki medicine chalne lgi thi. Shi btau to Meri CPT ki tyari proper nhi thi but ek friend ne exam me help kr di or meri CPT clear ho gyi. Ab to CA ki further study krna pakka tha. Ye bat 2009-10 ki hai. Tb se lekar me aaj tk CA ka 1st group b clear nhi kr paya but bich me mene 2 sal m. Com (private) kr li thi. Ab mere pas b. Com or m. Com degree hai but confidence tut chuka hai. Jaipur ki medicine b mene chod di hai kyonki muje lga adat na pd jae medicine ki. Muj me koi ability nhi hai na koi mera accha friend bnta hai na muj me kisi se bat krne ka hunar hai. Me jada bate nhi kr skta mere andr irsha jaldi aa jati hai or ghmand b. Aajkal ki dunia me jo bate marta hai or alg sa attitude rkhta hai dunia use hi hello krti hai baki to bhid ka hissa wali bat hai. Mera nature aisa hai ki muje moj marne se b Dr. lgta hai ye sb muje pta b hai ki life kr pal ek celebration hai ye b pta hai ki ki dusre log kya bolege iska b koi frk ni pdna chaiye sb kuch pta hote hue b b me apne jiwan ko disha ni de pa rha hu kisi b ladki se bat tk ni kr pata hu muje lgta hai muje koi pasand nhi krega. Bs yhi bate piche 3-4 sal se ghum rhi hai dimag vhi past me akta hua hai kuch nya nhi aa rha. Dil se smile khtm ho gyi hai face pe jhuti smile rkhti pdti hai. Kuch bachpan se shi guru nhi mila jo dimag ka or sampuran vikas krwa ske. Muje lgta hai siksha me bhut kmi rh gyi hai Me ab bhut jyada dab chuka hu dr.. Muje hr jgh Jane pe Dr. lgne lga hai ki sab mere bholepan ka mjak udaege. Abi b khud ko lekar bhut jayada inferiority hai. Sir muje himmat dijiye.
My mother had some issues regarding the kind of dreams she had at night. They are scary and negative. Kindly help.
How to concentrate in studies for best results while exam times? & also tell me how to get less fatigue in these days, please help me.
I have failed my ca exams last year since that. I felt depressing. Please help me. What should I do to come out from this?
My wife 39 years she is facing psychiatry problem from last 10 years I was facing big problems will she become normal?
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.
Hisir, I am 28 year, 72 kg, 6 feet tall, I was addicted to porn since last 2 years (2014-2016) daily 3-4 hours internet porn and at the end of 3-4 hour I used masturbate and there were very hard erections even I cannot believe now, at the end (after 2nd year), I couldn't get any erections to porn. I shocked and fell ill with high fever, from next day I have been suffering from high anxiety, heart palpitations, insomnia, mood swings, foggy mood, muscle pain, joint pain, no interest to go any work, no libido, suicide thoughts, some time I will get morning erections, it's a years now, Can it be recovered with proper diet and exercise, meditation? Do you any cases like this before? If so what goods are good and how long it takes to recovery? Thanks in advance sir please help me or else I'm feeling die.
Now a days I am preparing for exams . My exams are starting next month I am not concentrate my studies more than one hour after that my head eye pain chest pain occurred sometime back pain Mostly it is happening when I was online study I don't understand what is the problem why I not concentrate on my study I want get rid of it and don't want wearing glasses.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.