Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Anand PrasadYour feedback matters!
Now a day I am feeling so weak and feeling all-time sleepy but I sleep on time and for 10 hours daily. I cannot concentrate on my study also.
I am 20 years old male. I occasionally drink and smoke since past 3 years. I used to have an active sex life. Also I used to masturbate daily. From a week I cannot get hard erections as I used to. So I tried watching porn to check whether I can get erections and got partially hard. Now I am worried. I quitted smoking a month back. Please guide me.
I have lots of exam stress. Tension. That affect on my health dark circle below eyes due over night study.
So I had a break up I was in a relationship for more then 4 years and the reason was that I'm not stable mentally ,I tried my best to work things out but didn't work. I feel I am not sharp in head I need help where I be quick in things, so now I work a during the day for 9 hrs but even though I'm very tired I don't get sleep in the night and I'm going through a lot of stress and I don't know wat to do.
Nowadays I am feeling very low and depressed. Things going on in my personal and professional life are bothering me more tgan they should. It feels like crying out loud. I am not able to handle past and when I try to stop mixing it with my present. I fail. Cant find a way out!
Sir/madam I have an issue of waking on while sleeping and memory problem lacking of confident so please suggest me the cure of it.
I'm in a depression that I'm being single. How to come out of this depression. What are its effects to my health.
I am addicted to marijuana since last 7 years. From last 1 month I have stopped taking it. Bt my efficiency is hurt n I am finding mental blockage. I am having anxiety issue. Pls help me in this regard, life seems mess to me.
I am studying b. Com I am studying by siting aside. Now I had a neck pain. What is to do? Please answer me!
My 18 years boy is suffering from mood disorder and emotional disorder sometimes and also 10% learning disability but he is smart for looking and other times he is very quite. In the time of moodout he willnot obey parents and very angry to his 9 years old sister. What is his problem i saw many doctors but do not identify anything. MRA scan take last month (i saw a neurologist) but according to the scan doctor said no problems. He prescribe piracetam 800. Doctor please tell me can cure my boy ?what is his problem? Which is the best treatment?in future he can forward normal life? Iam an indian help me
Dr. My Husband get lot of tensed. What can I do. I want to share lot of things sir. We are love marriage. 3 months only we are married. 9years we loved then marriage. But still he did not understand me. Like we are working same office. So he said" you don't know why behavior like office. And he said compare to another one guy but that guy I totally hurt. My office staff s all are known I am good character and speakly friendly. But he said wrong. I can not bearable Dr. Last 9 years that same problem, was continued Dr. what can I do. And I got a new job. He said do not go here. Any other boyfriend have this office he asking. Totally I hurt for my self Dr. He totally damaged my self Dr. So I can not bearable thats why I attempt a suicide Dr. My mind is restless Dr. What can I do. I try to spoke with him but he started very bad words. How can I try to understand him. Please Dr. help me.
My voice is very unclear and low. I need to repeat my words many times while speak. When I call unknown person he responds "hello madam" I experience very stickiness inside throat and my nose becomes air tight.
Hello, I am facing these below problems, Vaginal Dryness or Infections Painful Intercourse Anxiety Waking Up in Middle of Night Hot Flashes Recurring UTIs Stopping of Menses Incontinence Sagging Skin and Breasts Arthritis or Achy Joints Weak Bones and Muscle. Please help.
I am in depression from a long time nearly from 5 years. Day by day I am problem is getting worsened. I am full of negativeness .i just like to be alone. L lack words while speaking. I have habit of pre thinking about everything that I am going to do. It has effected my life so much that I always want to be alone. I fear about my family when I wiil not have any job what will be condition. I keep myself busy in mobile. This has worsened my thinking power. I am getting addicted to chat tp girls only. Filled of sexual thoughts about every single girl I talk. I know I am doing wrong bt unable to control myself .As while seeing any girl I get sexually attracted. I started masturbating since I was 15 year old. I do nearly everyday even I dream a lot. There is no day that I dotn dream any bad dreams .Also have habit of nail biting, lips biting, biting inner part of cheeks. Im gud in study but these thing have effected my mind a lot. Please help me. I have gone to any dctr because of having not enough money. What to do.
I have been having high sexual urges every time and have not been able to concentrate or focus on anything else for the last 3 or 4 months. Its very disturbing as I have been imagining sexual images of myself with different people which even includes my family members. I don't understand what's wrong with me. Please help.
I am getting anger when my mother in law scold me indirectly so I express these reaction on my babies n my husband I can't control my anger n the same time I can't express this anger on in my mother in law what should I do.
Schizophrenia is a complex disorder that includes delusions, loss of personality, confusion, aggression, social withdrawal and mystic behavior. People suffering from schizophrenia may apparently hear voices or tend to feel that others are controlling their minds, their thoughts or plotting against them.
Schizophrenia can be hereditary. But the condition cannot be predicted except in the case of strong family history. Also, while prediction of Schizophrenia is difficult, its prevention is no easy. It cannot be prevented except where it occurs due to drug abuse like cannabis. Also, prevention can only be talked about in first episode cases and the best way to prevent is to take medicines properly.
Three ways to keep Schizophrenia at bay:
1. Socializing and meeting people - Socializing helps you build up a high self-esteem, lowers stress and keeps you busy and distracted. It is important to connect with friends to avoid isolation.
2. Exercise and Diet - Exercise and intake of high nutrition diet are important to take care of your body. Fish oil has omega 3 fatty acids that can prevent psychotic disorders from getting worse. Consumption of these types of foods can prove to be beneficial in preventing the disorder.
3. Timely consultation - Consulting a psychiatrist if you have any symptoms, like suspicious feelings or unusual thoughts is an essential step to regulate the condition before it fully develops.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.