Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Anand PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hii i'm ayush I hv an elder sister nd she is suffering from depression. Give some ideas or any other treatment to cure her?
I am a 17 year boy suffering from anxiety sometimes my heart rate go very high and my breath becomes short please help me to cope up with this threatening event.
I regularly do smoking and drinking but really wanna quit from these all things. So can you please suggest me some really helpful tips so that I can be free from these bad habits?
Since 3 years I am smoking. I thought I will quit now. On a normal day I smoke upto 7. If in party it amounts to 12. I've never tried to quit before. Now I really want to quit. What would be measures to do so? I thought of using nicotine patches or any other ways to quit smoking once and for all.
Hi sir, I am 34 years old male. I have 8 years of married life. I am a sexually active person. But now I don't want sex in remaining life. So, how I kill my sexual desires. This is very important act required in my life to go to strong relationship with my wife. I mentally disturbed lot. So please prescribe any medicines to kill sex desires. Please, please plz please Any home, ayurveda, engish medicines.
If you are trying to quit alcohol, you should stick to beers and wines. True or False. Take this quiz to know now!
1. Heavy drinkers have smaller brain volumes
Answer - True
Studies have shown that drinking too much alcohol can lead to the death of brain cells in certain parts of the brain such as the parietal lobe. It also causes electrical dysfunction in the brain by disturbing the brain's neurotransmitters.
2. Which of the following is an effect of alcohol withdrawal??
Answer - All of the above
Alcoholism is a serious medical condition that requires proper diagnosis and therapy. The withdrawal symptoms of suddenly quitting alcohol include anxiety, cold sweats, a sick feeling in the stomach and delirium.
3. An alcoholic needs to hit rock bottom before being able to quit and recover
Answer - False
Alcoholism has various degrees and not every alcoholic hits rock bottom before recovering. In any case, "rock bottom" is a subjective concept and does not mean the same thing for every individual. If you want to quit drinking, you should begin right away and not wait till you reach a low point in your life.
4. If you are trying to quit alcohol, you should stick to beers and wines
Answer - False
It is a common myth that beer and wine drinkers cannot be alcoholics. The truth is that these drinks may contain high percentages of alcohol which can effectively sustain an alcohol addiction even if one entirely avoids hard liquor.
5. Which of the following is the most effective way to avoid alcoholism?
- Distilling your own liquor
- Avoiding pubs and bars
- Not drinking above the legal limit
- Replacing alcohol with drugs
Answer - Not drinking above the legal limit
Alcoholism only occurs when one overindulges in alcohol and binge drinks. Those who are trying to quit drinking or avoid alcoholism should refrain from consuming liquor in excess of the permissible limits for drinking at all times.
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
I am 48 years. Bcom student. Not interested in Accountancy. Working in Pvt. Ltd. Company last 20 years as computer operator (Salary Rs. 13,000/- equal to our new coming companies driver ). The company will close within 4 to 5 years, if not my salary will be Rs. 17,000/- at my retirement. Now want to learn something for better source for Income, but don't know what to learn, My friend give me advise to do Aptitude test from councilor. Is the Aptitude test helpful for me. So I am depressed. Who will help me.
Hello I am 22yers old. If I use kwiknic nicotine gum to quiet smoking. Is it any harmful effects or any benefits from this type of nicotine replacement.
I had Fisher from last 15 years. Is it compulsory to go for surgery? What will happen if I leave as usual? Any growth will take place?
My mother is 40 years old, please give some tips to reduce arthritis pain on her ankle. Please give me solution. I am very tensed. Even she can not walk properly.
I have been feeling anxiety and fatigue in day time and less sleep in night, please advice regarding solution and guidance for same.
- The Logical-Math Intelligence
- The Verbal-Linguistic Intelligence
- The Interpersonal Intelligence
- The Intrapersonal Intelligence
- The Body-Kinaesthetic Intelligence
- The Naturalistic Intelligence
- The Visual- Spatial Intelligence
- The Musical Intelligence
The multiple intelligences gives you a clear picture of the profession you should take up to keep you happy and successful.