Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand Padmanabam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Anand PadmanabamYour feedback matters!
How to cure breathing problem when you have a fatty stomach you wanna do workout but you feels like less breath problem at starting or middle of workout.?
The headaches are generally what have me reaching for help to control the pain, as they last for hours or days and are very debilitating and I can't function with them.
I am a 22 year old student and I often get dizziness as I sit and get up. I don't have regular sleep and diet due to my hectic schedule but since this prevails at a rate that I faint. I have improved my sleeping and eating habits but still the same prevails. What shall I do?
I am 31 years old male, from last 8-9 months I have a phobia regarding shortness of breadth and pain in heart or I will die, I have taking medicines from neuropsychiatric, please advice.
Recently did operation of left leg of varicose veins, two things need to ask 1) which socks to get which one is cotton good variety, & from where shall I get, 2) who / which doctor has the Rights to give me letter to go on Handicapped coach in local train, so that the letter can be a reference letter for travelling in Handicap coach on local trains, Thanks in advanced regards Tejas Mehta.
I am Diabetic Patient Type 2 (Current Rating:- Fasting 110, PP, 160 and Dinner PP 140) Medication Istamet 50/1000, Advog 0.3, Gluformin XL 1000 My question is I want to gain Muscle and body Can i take Pre and post workout Proteins or any Muscle Gainers. Usually i workout heavily everyday. Please Suggest any Muscle Gainers or Protein for Morning Workout
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.
I have a problem in my ear. Mujhe bachpan se cold rehta hai n idhar km sunayi de rha tha n kaan me dard tha. Doctor said ears k parde chipak gye h to unhone operte krk ek choti si pipe type daali n said ki isse pani sukh jayega n wo nikal jayega. Aftr operation thoda araam hua bt nw 6 mnth ho gye h nw fr wahi prblm ho rhi n doc said fr se operate krna padega. To I want to knw ki kya iska koi solution h ya mujhe bar bar operation krwana padefa. Is there any solution?
HIV does not kill anybody directly.
HIV weakens the body's ability to fight disease.
Infection which are rarly seen in those with normal immune systems are deadly to those with HIV called opportunistic infections.
Many of these illness are very serious, and they need to be treated.
Some illness can be prevented.
- Opportunistic infection can be Bacterial, Viral, Fungal, Neurological, Protozoal, Malignacies, Others.
- Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC orMAI)
- Syphilis and Neurosyphilis
- Bacillary angiomatosis ( Cat scratch disease)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- Herpes simplex (HSV, Genital Herpes)
- Herpes zoster (HSZ)
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Oral hairy leukoplakia (OPL)
- Progressive Multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML)
- Systemic Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
- Primary CNS Lymphoma
Other Conditions and Complications