Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering for a countinusly hair fall problem I lost my hair very quickly what can I do to stop and re gain my lost hair please help me.
I am 56 years old, have hypertension cotrolled on medication ; telmesartan and amlodipine. No other co morbidity. Have developed severe taenia corporis of the groins not responding to tolnaftate 1%. Please advise.
What is benefit tomatoes slice scrub on face? please give details answer sir. How to clean black marks on chicks.
I have got dark circles under my eyes. I think they are genetic since my father got them do and so did my grandmother. Can I get rid of them somehow?
I have severe acne problem on back chest and arm. Scars are also forming there. Also I am losing my hairs severely n becoming bald. please tell me.
I am going through a heavy hairfall and at the same time I am a over thinker too, are these two cases related to one another!
Cracked heels are mainly caused when less attention is paid to foot care along with overexposure to harsh surfaces. In medical terms cracked heels are referred to as heel fissures. Usually it is not a painful condition; however, if care is not taken and the cracks deepen then it may cause immense pain and infection. Cracks may appear on any part of the body due to lack of moisture but they are more common on the heels of the feet. Walking, running, climbing … any physical activity requires the use of feet and the constant use makes it prone to cracks. But these cracks can be easily avoided with daily care and they are truly avoidable if you do some home remedies for cracked heels.
If dry cracks start appearing around your heels then you may also be facing a deficiency of zinc or omega 3 fatty acids.
Cracked heels does not pose any major health concern, however, you must attend to them at the earliest by following some home remedies for cracked heels. Delay in treating the cracks may cause them to deepen and may cause bleeding. Deep cracks may also be prone to infection.
Cracked heels are more common in people who are constantly moving on rough surfaces barefoot. Older people may suffer from cracked heels more often as the sebum production in the body is reduced with age. A cracked heel is a recurrent condition and needs little attention on daily basis by practicing some home remedies for cracked heels.
The main causes of cracked heels:
1. Dry skin: Some people have dry skin as compared to others. People with dry skin are more susceptible to suffering from cracked heels.
2. Physical activity: Continuous standing for long hours or working on rough hard surfaces leads to cracks in the feet.
3. Overweight: More pressure is exerted on the pad below the heels for those who are overweight. This pressure causes the pad to push sideways and if the skin is dry then this pressure causes cracks around the feet.
4. Uncomfortable sandals: certain shoes and sandals cause the body to exert more pressure on the heels causing it to push sideways and lead to cracks.
5. Other diseases: certain diseases may reduce the natural healing ability of the body to treat cracks in the heels. Some of these diseases are athlete’s foot, eczema, diabetes, excessive dry skin, psoriasis as well as thyroid.
6. Overexposure to water: hard water reduces the natural oil production of the skin by making it more dry and rough. Prolonged exposure to hard water can cause dryness and heels to cracks.
Simple everyday home remedies for cracked heels:
1. Keep your feet clean and free from dirt as much as possible.
2. Relax your feet by alternating between hot and cold water bath.
3. Keep your feet moisturized
4. Exfoliate your feet as much as possible.
5. Avoid doing any physical activity barefoot. Wear a pair of socks as often as possible.
6. Avoid spending long time in damp area barefoot. While doing household chores like washing clothes or mopping make sure your feet are dry. One of the home remedies for cracked heels is to try and avoid the soapy water from coming in contact with your feet. Detergents are used as cleaning agents as they can break down oil, if it comes in contact with your feet then it will only worsen the cracks by increasing dryness.
7. After taking your bath apply a nice moisturizer around your heels.
In the coming post we shall discuss some very easy home cures to treat cracked heels.
Most people have suffered from acne at some point of their life or the other. However, Acne is one of the most misunderstood skin conditions. Let's take a look at myths and facts about acne.
Acne is caused by poor hygiene habits - Myth
Acne is not caused by dirty skin. Contrary to popular belief, washing your face too many times can make the condition of your skin deteriorate. This can also worsen your acne breakout. Aggressively soaping your skin and excessive use of astringent can also traumatize the skin and make it look worse after treatment. You should ideally wash your face twice a day; once in the morning and once before going to bed. However, if you feel a buildup of oil on your face, you can wash it with luke warm water and a mild soap.
Acne affects people of all ages - Fact
Acne is most common amongst teenagers but can affect people of all races and ages. Hormonal changes and stress are two of the most common triggers for acne. Acne that begins after the age of 25 years is known as 'late onset acne'. Hormonal changes associated with a woman's menstrual cycles often trigger acne eruptions.
There is no treatment for acne - Myth
Acne does not go away on its own. At the same time, toothpaste and 'picking pimples' are not the best form of treatment for this condition. Acne can be easily treated with over the counter and prescription drugs. In some cases, you may also need antibiotics or hormonal medication. If left untreated, acne can result in permanent scarring that mars your beauty.
Moisturizing skin can help prevent acne - Fact
It may seem contradictory at first glance but keeping your skin moisturized can help prevent acne. Dehydrated skin produces more oil than hydrated skin. Thus keeping your skin hydrated is essential. Choose a light moisturizer instead of heavy crams.
Makeup causes acne - Myth
Makeup has often been misunderstood as trigger for acne. However, makeup itself does not cause acne. The fault lies in not removing makeup properly at the end of the day. If you have oily skin that is prone to acne, choose powder based foundations instead of liquid foundations that can clog your pores. If you use a lot of makeup through the day, give your skin time to breathe at night. Ensure that every trace of makeup is removed before you go to bed.