Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amutha Kumar Shanmuga
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Amutha Kumar ShanmugaYour feedback matters!
My penis size is too small. I want increase my penis size in huge. please help me. Also my sex stamina is too less.
I was getting tired on checking I was found to b less of hemoglobin becoz of B 12 as I am a vegetarian could you please tell me the best source of it as I am a vegetarian.
I am having cough problems and before sleep everyday if I didn't take my cough after dinner then till morning I am suffering from cough means I am sick till morning and facing cough problems.
I am 25 years old. I distraction from ringworm in last one month. I use many types of ointment and tablets but not in cure 100% So please give advice to use medicine and ointment to immediately cure. My most of body parts are affected in ringworm (Tinea. Like face, fingers. I use medicine:- 1) Terbinafine 250 mg Tablets 15 days 2) Levocetirizine - 5 mg 15 days 3) clotrimazole cream 15 days.
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Hi I am 47 female I am diabetic patient over wait I have thyroid and blood pressure. Please help me to reduce weight and my sugar level. I am taking insoline 3rd time. and sugar medicine too
A STD is transmitted by means of physical intimate contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all. But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to your healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduces the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
- Consider male circumcision: There's evidence that male circumcision can help reduce a man's risk of acquiring HIV from an infected woman (heterosexual transmission) by as much as 60 percent. Male circumcision may also help prevent transmission of genital HPV and genital herpes.
Coping and Support:
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world. Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses is trust between partners, plans to have children and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!