Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Amutha Kumar ShanmugaYour feedback matters!
I have diabetes. Whenever I ate food or anything else my blood sugar rises. What preventions should I do?
I am 18 years old and I have migraine problem for three years. After having this problem I got spices with progressive glasses but it was vain because I have still migraine problem. Please can you tell me the cure of it.
I am suffering from gas in my stomach and lose motion from the last three days please consult me some advise hkw to recover.
My friend najash who is 19 years old is suffering from intense stomach ache. He need s treat ment please suggest any method for his treatment scanning report is available.
Hello sir, my wife is suffering from severe headache and high fever. Same issue was repeated in 2011, then again in 2013 and now it is in this year. Earlier it was diagnosed as viral meningitis in 2011 via csf. All blood reports are normal now and we don't want do csf again. How it happens is suddenly & slowly first headache starts then followed with high shivering fever comes. Since from 2011 she gets angry on silly things. She is not able to control temper as well. She gets depressed easily. She is getting into negative thoughts. Please advise us and that will be appreciated. Her age is 25yrs and we have one baby girl of 2.5 years old. Your intervention will be appreciated.
How a diet high in salt increases blood pressure:
- The amount of salt you eat has a direct effect on your blood pressure.
- Sodium plays a key role in balancing the levels of fluid in our bodies by signaling to the kidneys when to retain water and when to get rid of water.
- When we eat too much salt, our bloodstream has more sodium in it than the surrounding areas of our body. This causes the water in those areas to be pulled into our bloodstream.
- Thus salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure. So, the more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure.
- A high-sodium diet can interfere with this delicate process and reduce kidney function. The result is less water removed from the body, which may lead to higher blood pressure.
- The higher your blood pressure, the greater the strain on your heart, arteries, kidneys. Overtime these extra strain can damage kidney an lead to kidney disease.
- As this reduces kidney's ability to filter toxic waste products out of the body which gradually start building up in the body leading to kidney failure.
- Also, eating too much salt may mean that blood pressure medicines (such as diuretics) don't work as well as they could.
So spice up your life with salt. But cautiously.
I am losing the appetite for having sex and every time my girl wants some from me I either go off too early or never get a solid hard erection as I was b4. And after the first rpund of intercourse I get so tired tired and can not carry on to the next leaving my partner unsatisfied. please help.
Dear Doctor Sir/ Madam I am diabetic but under strict control through medicines diet and exercise. I am 75 years old 5ft 10 inches tall but weigh only 60 Kgs and look very lean. How do I gain at least 5 Kgs extra to look fitter. I walk 4-5 kms daily rain or shine. I am a strict vegetarian. I don't smoke and no bad habits. Occasionally a social drinker in limits. I sleep well for at least 7 hits most of the days.
I am 30 years old suffering frum xam fever pls do help me to over come from it thnx a lot have a nice day.
Male, 22 years old. Having serious neck pain since a week when I work in my computer desk. Need help.
Acne Vulgaris, commonly known as acne is a type of chronic skin condition which occurs when the hair follicles of the skin become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Characterized by blackheads, pimples, whiteheads and greasy skin, acne can also cause scarring. Typically, acne which cause pimples tend to develop on the back, chest, shoulders but mostly on the face and neck.
Causes and symptoms of pimple scars:
Although the actual cause of acne is uncertain, medical professionals have reason to believe that an increase in the level of androgen triggers pimples. On the other hand, scarring due to pimples are a result of the presence of inflamed lesions. Such inflamed lesions when gorged with surplus oil, bacteria and dead skin cells cause swelling and an eventual rupture in the follicle wall which leads to scarring. The extent of the scar has a direct relationship with the rupture. That is to say, the deeper the rupture, the bigger the scar.
In actuality, the formation of scars is involved in the normal healing process of the skin. The skin cells in order to mend the damage caused by the ruptured pimples, forms fresh collagen fibers which are fibrous proteins that impart flexibility and strength to the skin. The resultant repair which are very rarely smooth and unblemished are referred to as scars.
Treatment of pimple scars:
- Fractional Radiofrequency treatment is a highly effective method of reducing or removing pimple scars from skin. The radio frequency does not cause much damage to upper layers of skin, but effectively breaks down the scar tissue.
- Lasers are alternative and are little less painful. This treatment involves the use of skin resurfacing lasers.
- Fillers are another form of treatment which fill the indentations left remaining from dense pimple scars. Hardly any down time with this but are expensive in the long run.
- Scar reduction surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.