Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Amudha HariYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old I have irregular periods problem, my periods usually happen after three to four months. Two year back I got married. And from last one year me and my husband v both are trying. For the baby. I am afraid whether I will get pregnant or not. please help me out.
Hi. Am 25 year old married woman. I have been taking femilon from the time I got married to avoid pregnancy. I stopped taking it in the month of October as Im not sexually active .I was supposed to get my periods on Nov 2nd. Since the delay. I got a pelvic scanning done and realised I have a cyst in my right ovaries. And I was advised to take susten 200 mg to get my periods. But I read on the internet it's taken to delay the periods. I'm extremely worried about what to do? Do I need to discontinue the tablet? Would having a cyst cause infertility in future? Please help. Thanks and regards.
I had posted a question two days back and this is in continuation History is LMP 9th April, usual cycle 26 days, last and only sex this moth 22 April with condom but as I felt condom leaked took I pill ECP on 23 (in 26 or 27 hrs after the episode), HPT negative and I got Beta HCG yesterday and the level is less than one But I have not started my menses even today, please guide can I be pregnant.
Today is 16 dpiui and as per my gynec advise I have take progesterone suppository and norethisterone for 3 days everything is over from today onward but I dnt hav any symptoms. I checked my cervix it is in medium firm and slightly open. When will get my periods.
I masturbate in the morning than I had sex with my girlfriend in the evening. Though I did not cum inside her vagina. I pull it out. Will she get pregnant?
Today I can done abdomen and pelvis ultrasound. It shows that 5mm stone in left kidney and left adnexa show 43×33mm sized benign cyst with internal thin sepate and echoes likely hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. What does it mean. And what can I do? It is dangerous or not.
People who regularly work out can go on about its benefits and also show off a toned physique. However, a bad or improper movement can be more harmful than no exercise at all. Read on to know some common exercise moves that are best avoided for their potential harmful effects.
- Dumbbell punches: By holding dumbbells and punching them forward into the air, you are just spending your energy with absolutely no return from it. It is good as a conditioning one if done for a long time, but does not help the shoulders or the arms. Bicep curls and triceps extensions yield much better results than these punches.
- Shoulder Shrugs: The only muscle that gets worked here is the trapezius, which is at the top of the shoulders and the neck. The arms and the back do not get any benefit and shoulder shrugs can actually cause postural problems and increase shoulder tension. Best avoided if you are not a professional bodybuilder.
- Thigh machines: One of the most ineffective machines in the gym, the poor posture and no workout for the abs is one of the reasons the outer and inner thigh workouts should be avoided. Better results can be achieved with squats and lunges, which also help more muscles and help in losing weight.
- Plank rows: While plank rows or board lines work very well for core strengthening, it is not as effective for back and arm strengthening. Better results are achieved with the usual lines for these areas.
- Lat pull-downs behind the neck: This can be very harmful for people who have even minor shoulder joint problems. The idea is to build arm, torso, and back muscles by pulling a weighted bar down the front and back of the chest area. This can cause misalignment, shoulder impingement, or a tear in the rotator cuff, and in severe cases, even cervical vertebral fracture.
- Military Presses Behind the Head: Similar to a lat pull-down, here also, a barbell is lifted up and down behind the head and can cause the same problems as the earlier one, including fracture of the cervical spine.
- Squatting on a bosu ball: These colorful equipment are very alluring but can be really dangerous and can cause ankles and knees to be injured, causing meniscal tears or disruptions.
- Crunches: When improperly done, crunches produce the same position as one achieves while working on the computer - head forward and rounded shoulder. Crunches are meant to be done by pulling up on the head and not using the abs, as most people incorrectly do.
Make sure you get a trainer's advice on the right ways to work out so as to get the maximum benefits and avoid injuries.
My wife is 43 years of age we have no child we are married 19 years back my wife has miscarriage few years back she haa period regular. But last month she has period on 34th day but this month past 37 days her last period date on 8th feb please suggest what we have to do ?
So resist that chocolate cake siren, and instead enjoy a sliced apple with a tablespoon of nut butter (like peanut or almond) or fresh fig halves spread with ricotta.
Then sleep sweet, knowing you're still on the right, healthy track.
My last period's was on August 24th, now it's November still I didn't get my period's, my urine pregnancy test was negative, what would be the reason still I didn't get my period's? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
She is suffering from breast pain during menstruation cycle periods. This month taken 7 days to complete, any problem from this. Please give suggestion.
Hi Sir, My age is now 31 year and my wife age is 29 year. We have one Baby (Boy) and he is 2 and half years old. Now we are confused to get next baby. So please tell me the Right Gap to get a next baby.
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
Report to a Doctor as soon as any symptom related to miscarriage appears.
I got married since 1years 2 months still I am able to conceive. My periods are regular. And my health is normal no issues.
Excessive Bleeding during period, How to control this? Please advice, last Two years my wife facing this problem. She took harmon tablets nearly 10 strips but no improvement. She is changing 6 pockets of Stayfree for every period.
National Geographic writer and explorer, Dan Buettner ,who studies the world's longest lived peoples, calls these areas where these people live ?Blue Zones?.
According to the New York Times they have the following in common:
1, An environment that encourages a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
2, Healthy relationships with other people and good psychological health.
3, Looking after gardens.
4, Having a spirit of cooperation.
5, Easily accessible public health.
6, Being valued as seniors by their families and communities.