Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am O -ve, and my wife is O ve. We have been trying to get pregnant for last 5 months. All her tests are normal, and my count is also about average. Is having opposite blood group types a problem in getting pregnant?
My girl friend getting white discharge from her ovary. Why it is causing. Is there any problem with this.
Warning for smart phone users: Don't bend your neck beyond 20 sec continuously, otherwise need to face serious problems.
Prevention: The pain can be avoided when mobile users correct their holding position to their eye level, so as to decrease bending over on to mobile.
I am pregnant but I want no child Now so please consult me. How stop my pregnancy I am one month pregnant wife. Consult me.
I lost my virginity with my boyfriend, i am so much worried I don't know how it happened But I'm not sure I will marry him or not How can I get again virginity?
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 17 days ago. Now we are worried as she missed her periods by 2-3 days. She didn't take any kind of contraceptives. Need help?
I was suffering from thyroid and pcod. For thyroid I was using dose 75g but for pcod I was not using anything. Because of these two problems I was gaining weight day by day. Give some suggestions to reduce my weight to normal in 6 months. Now weight-95, height-5-5.Please help sir .
Hi I am about to plan for a baby and I have thyroid since I got married fr 2 years now. My age is27. Will there be any problem due to thyroid?
Lifestyle for flu are as follows:
1 drink a lot of water.
2 rest to restore energy and avoid complications like pneumonia.
3 eat diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
4 exercise regularly, which may diminish your chance of getting the flu.
5 minimize stress and reaction to stress. Consider yoga, tai-chi, or other forms of relaxation on an ongoing basis. Stress can put you at increased risk of viruses like flu.
Hello Doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th jan and later she had ipill the same day. After that she got her periods from 11th to 16th feb. Few days before from now, There was white n waterish secretions from her breast I wonder if it is milk or not? She had urine pregnancy test too which was negative and she did not got her periods till now. Her due date of periods was 8th march. Is she pregnant?
Sir, I suggested by the doctor to do a pregnancy test for her at early morning by urine and my question is shall we do sex before that night? And my wife's body temperature is always hot please help me out.
I am 15 year old, 10th standard girl but I still not started menstruation cycle Kindly advise is there any problem later stage?
Hunger before bedtime is common esp. when you are used to staying up late. The craving to eat something before going to bed makes a person consume anything that is available. Bedtime hunger is not wrong, but there certainly are foods that shouldn't be consumed before going to sleep as they can create health issues.
Avoid these 8 foods before going to bed.
1. Dairy fat - Having calorie rich cheese or butter for dinner or even before bedtime ensures that your digestive system is going to have a hard time at the night, thus disrupting your sleep.
2. Caffeine - Caffeine from the coffee doesn't let you sleep. It is used to kick our sleepiness so it should never be consumed before bedtime.
3. Spiced/Oily foods- Spices cause flatulence and oils lead to indigestion, ensuring incomplete and disturbed sleep.
4. Red meat - Dinner should always be the lightest meal of the day. If you make your digestive system work heavily overnight, it’s difficult for you to get sound sleep! Red meat being a very heavy, must be avoided to ensure a good night’s sleep.
5. Beans- Beans before bed simply fastens the process of flatulence! Avoid it to have a trouble free night.
6. Sugars- Sugars give you instant energy. That’s exactly what you don’t need before a good night’s sleep so avoid it before bedtime.
7. Aerated drinks- These drinks have acidic content with a lot of sugar and caffeine. Drinking them can destroy you sleep for the whole night so keeping it for the day is wiser!
8. Alcohol- Alcohol makes you drowsy and in a way bogs you down. But that’s really not the kind of sleep you’d like to have. Avoid alcohol to invite the perfect sleep!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 18 years and I have a boyfriend we had been quite intimate but I found out that I was not getting turned on many people suggested me that I might not be mature enough but I do not think so I am highly depressed am I asexual?
The 6 week period after delivery is called the post partum period and the body undergoes lots of changes. This is the time when the body is trying to recover and get closer to its pre pregnant state. The uterus starts involuting and gets back to its pre pregnant size in 6 weeks and so do all the other organs and body parts.
Weight loss - a concern for all mothers indeed ! Well immediately after delivery your body will lose some amount of weight and in the first week some more too . The water retained in your body during pregnancy will now find its way out and make you feel lighter. Post natal exercises will help you get back into shape .
But remember not to rush to lose weight as for recovery you require a healthy diet and rest .
Stretch marks on your body will start merging with your skin colour though they won't disappear completely. Use of anti stretch marks creams during and after pregnancy will be of help .
Acne will start clearing and pigmentations will start fading too .
Your breasts will gradually begin to sag .
Some women experience incontinence of urine or constipation due to the pressure faced by the urethra during delivery and because of the epistolary or vaginal tears . All this will settle . Have a high fibre diet and maintain good perineal hygiene .
Backache during pregnancy might go post delivery or might stay . Keep exercising and taking your calcium supplements to get rid of it soon .
All swelling of your legs or anywhere else will go as you ll be losing all the water retained in your body.
Some women may experience a little more hair loss post delivery which is absolutely normal and requires no treatment .
Rest , eat healthy and don't rush . You ll soon be yourself . If you have any issues discuss the same with your gynaecologist. Don't shy away from discussing your post pregnancy issues. Remember a happy and healthy mummy ensures a healthy baby.
• Conditions which cause increased pressure on veins around the anus:
• Chronic constipation
• The weight of the foetus and increase in blood flow during pregnancy
• Heavy weight-lifting jobs
• Excessive consumption of spices and condiments
Natural home remedy using radish:
1. Crush 1 radish
2. Add some milk to make a thick paste
3. Mix well
4. Apply around the anal opening
5. Wash off after 15 min
6. Repeat 2 times a day
Natural home remedy using cumin seeds:
1. Take 1 tbsp cumin seed powder
2. Add water to make a thick paste
3. Mix well
4. Apply on the affected area
5. Leave for 15 min
6. Wash off with water
7. Do this 2 times a day
Natural home remedy using ginger and mint leaves:
1. Crush some ginger (1 inch piece) and make a paste
2. Crush a handful of mint leaves and make a paste
3. Take 1 tsp ginger paste
4. Add 2 tsp mint leaves' paste
5. Mix well
6. Press the paste on a sieve and extract its juice
7. Add 2 tsp lemon juice to it
8. Add 1 tsp honey
9. Mix well
10. Consume 2 times a day