Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amudha`
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amudha`Your feedback matters!
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Puneet Nayak, CMD Prettislim Clinic. Today I will be talking about how to remain fit and healthy in today’s busy life. All of us want to remain fit and healthy, but we always complain we are short of time. I believe that more than shortness of time. It is the lack of motivation or the lack of action which makes us to not achieve our fitness goals. So first thing is that focus, that orientation, that yes, fitness is important, like other aspects of life like career, family life, social life, entertainment, fitness is also something important which needs to be given time, effort, energy and focus. Once you develop this orientation, then the next step will automatically come in. Next step is, finding good professionals. Like every other field of this world, fitness is a specialized field. You need good professionals or good centres where you can have specialized professionals like dieticians, physicians, fitness trainers, yoga trainers to help you achieve your fitness goals.
At Prettislim, we are eleven year old clinic with a team of 50 doctors, 25 dieticians, 20 counsellors and 6 physicians in our team. We help you achieve your fitness and slimming goals, through the use of human involvement as well as the use of latest technology, as well as the use of technology to give you reminders and support you during the program. So after finding a good professional place and centre, it is also very important to take charge of your fitness, because until you take charge then your goals will not be achieved. And it is also important to know that fitness is not an all-or-none phenomenon, it is not that either you have a big pot belly, or you have a six pack. You can always be somewhere in the middle.
So if you’re better than what you were yesterday, a week back, or a month back, you are in the right direction. So keep up the momentum. If you make unreasonable goals, then you’re bound to fail, and which will reduce your motivation and you will go haywire. So if you are better than what you were yesterday, a week back, or a month back, keep your bag packed and move ahead. You are in the right direction. Also, it is very important to keep a variety of fitness regimen. Sometimes you’re doing walking, jogging, treadmill, sometimes some games, this will keep you pep up, you will not get bored, otherwise, if you get bored you drop, everything and become lethargic. Keep a variety.
Also, it is important that use some good fitness nutritional supplements, like protein, fibre, calcium, vitamin, as they are very important to help you achieve your fitness goals. So be regular, don’t hesitate, it is going to help you. Apart from this, it’s also very important that sometimes it might happen that you may lose focus and you may go haywire. But don’t worry. Find a good occasion to remotivate yourself. It can be your birthday, a new year, a friend’s marriage, or it can be even your upcoming holiday. Use it as a motivation tool, and get your ball rolling again. In no time, you will be able to achieve your fitness goals again. Also, be attentive towards your fitness regimen. Read more, listen more, watch more about your fitness, because fitness is an ever-changing field.
Like in Prettislim we introduced four-in-one technology 4 years back. Where we use four technologies in one treatment of 60 minutes to help you lose your unwanted body fat. So you only need 60 minutes a week, which can definitely fit into your busy schedule. Over and above, you get dietician support through slimming tips as well as SMS, Whatsapp, and e-mail.
So what are you waiting for? If you don’t have time, still you can become fit and healthy by just giving 60 minutes a week. I am sure the tools which I have suggested you in my video would help you to achieve your fitness goals even if you’re busy. For more information, you can always connect me through Lybrate.com, or know more about us at www.prettislim.com.
Thank you very much.
Uterine cysts are a type of cysts or tumours, which grow in the uterus. This is prevalent in women when they are near their childbearing years. Uterine cysts have some typical symptoms, which would let you know when to consult a medical practitioner for further help. It would cause excessive bleeding for a long duration of time. There is bleeding from the uterus in between your menstrual cycles. At times, it becomes very difficult to empty your bladder and irritation and discomfort are caused. It also leads to constipation. These are frequent symptoms, which accompany uterine cysts. These types of cysts are almost always non-cancerous, but it is beneficial to take an expert advice on that matter. Homeopathy is a great option to treat such cysts.
Homeopathy is becoming increasingly popular throughout the entire world. Now it is time to prove to the world what homeopathy can offer in surgical diseases. Homeopathic medicines cannot take the place of surgery but can be of great help to the patients who do not want to go for surgery or cannot be operated upon due to various medical reasons. There are specific medications to treat cysts through homeopathy.
Some of them are:
Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is suitable for those who bleed profusely during their menstrual cycle. Such excessive bleeding causes shivers and shrills in them, making them more prone to anaemia. In fact, excessive bleeding also influences their fertility cycles. This medicine is administered on overweight women who suffer from uterine cysts.
Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This is prescribed to women who experience frequent menstrual cycles within short intervals. In fact, one does not even recover from the shock of the previous cycle and the new one starts. It is usually accompanied by excessive pain in the uterus. This medicine not only treats the cysts, but also the frequent period cycles and pain in the uterus.
Trillium Pendulum: At times, due to excessive bleeding from the uterus, the patient suffers from fainting spells. Such cysts are also characterised by bright red blood flow during the menstrual cycle. These are the two main symptoms to administer this medicine on the individual.
Fraxinus Americana: Apart from irregular periods with pain in the uterus, it is also followed by breaking down spells. One experiences cramps in the feet during this type of cyst. In such conditions, the best natural homeopathic therapy that can be administered is Fraxinus Americana.
Calcarea Fluorica: This is a common medicine which is given to those patients who have extremely large tumours. These tumours are also characterised by their unique hardness.
Uterine cysts are a common problem in women and can be treated effectively. One needs to be alert about the symptoms and must immediately report to a specialized homeopathic practitioner for an effective administration of medicines, which may lead to a successful cure.
In a regular 26-32 day cycle for the past 6 months. If one has had unprotected sex on the 5th day of period. And took an I pill within 18 hrs. After 6 days got bleeding for 2 days. And after 34 days from LMP ie in november. Got the period in december. And january. But in feburary got bleeding only for 1 day. But in the meanwhile took 8 hpt test with the help of preganews. All negative. And took 2 beta hcg test. The first on 42 days from the unprotected incident and second from 63 days from the incident. Both of which came <1 miu/ml. So does that all rule out pregnancy. Or still chance of pregnancy there? On the 73 days from the from the incident took a transabdominal sonography which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty. And measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. please guide me with your advice.
Hi. I had unprotected sex on 15th and 16th February. My periods are due on 23rd February. Can I get pregnant.
Instead of spending a lump sum amount on supplements that are marketed for athletes and fitness fanatics, you can just make a few changes to your diet and add these 5 super foods mentioned below to your daily dietary plan to increase your endurance and power. Eating whole foods rather than manufactured and processed food is recommended in this regard. Also, athletes should inculcate these food items into all their regular meals and snacks, instead of just before a big event or after exercising.
- Wild Salmon: This power food is essential for athletes because it contains high quality protein i.e. lean protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (that is anti-inflammatory) and vitamins B12 and B6. Athletes should opt for wild salmon since they are less contaminated than their farmed counterparts. Salmon enhances athletic performance and helps build muscles. It also lowers the risk of prostate cancer and chronic heart diseases, and makes recovery from injuries quicker.
- Bananas: Bananas are the favorite pre and post workout recovery food. It is loaded with potassium that helps in regulating fluids and prevents muscles from cramping or spasming and also contains vitamin B6 which is anti inflammatory and prevents cardiovascular diseases. It is easy to digest and has natural electrolytes that are beneficial to athletes.
- Nuts: Combining protein and healthy fats, nuts are natural and easy to digest. They can balance your blood sugar levels and help in breaking down carbohydrates for long durations without upsetting your stomach. Athletes with high calorie needs must consume nuts. It is rich in vitamins and minerals; unsaturated fat that is anti-inflammatory and fiber that helps stabilize energy levels.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is considered to be the most nourishing food for athletes. It is very rich in protein and has high soluble fiber content and complex carbohydrates. It is essential for athletes looking to put on weight. It is also important for maintaining glucose levels and cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin B, minerals and antioxidants.
- Sweet Potatoes: Imperative for their starchy content, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C, which are powerful antioxidants, and minerals such as potassium, iron, manganese, and copper that are necessary for healthy muscle function. Sweet potatoes help in lowering of blood pressure and removing free radicals from your body.
Different speech sounds are acquired at different stages of a child's speech development. Sounds such as /pa/, /tha/ are acquired earlier and sounds such as /sa/, /ra/ and /sk/ (as in school), /tr/ (as in tree) are acquired later. In some children only one or two sounds may be mispronounced whereas in others so many sounds may be mispronounced that the child's speech may be unintelligible. Even at 4 years of age if your child's speech is not easily understood by a stranger then it is best to get professional help. See faq for more information on misarticulation.
- These children have difficulty producing speech on command (i. E, requiring conscious effort), and find it easier to produce frequently used utterances (i. E, “hi”, “hello”, “bye”). Excessive effort is used to produce the simplest of sounds.
- Speech problems of children with repaired cleft lip and palate:
- These children have nasal voice and misarticulation of speech sounds. Early intervention will help improve the quality of their speech.
Hello Doctor. Am pregnant with twins. My random blood sugar tested at three months of pregnancy was normal around 101. At 27 weeks I again got tested for sugar and results are bit high. FBS is 108, after one hour it is 174 and 2 hours its is 163. Please suggest what does this mean. I was not having diabetes before pregnancy as clearly shown by random blood sugar. What effect it can have on my babies and will it come back to normal after pregnancy?
The summer is coming! With all that excitement around getting a new bathing suit and figuring out where your big summer romance is going to happen, we’d like to break in with some beauty tips to help you look your best. It’s time to shake off the chilly spring weather and look forward to some hot fun in the summer sun!
1. Avoid peak hours of sunlight when the temperatures and UV rays are at their highest, normally between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. That's the best time to head inside, get food and water, let your body cool down, and maybe even take a nap.
2. Chew Some Juicy Fruits : "Melons are the perfect hot-weather food.
3. Light-Colored Clothes : The white linen shirt every male movie star wears on the beach isn't just fashionably conscious; it's also intelligent for hot, sunny days. Dark clothing absorbs more heat, and tight clothes don't let sweat — your body's natural cooling system — evaporate.
3. Sunglasses : Sunglasses are chic and functional. They prevent harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays from scorching your corneas and protect your eyes for many more summers to come. Choose sunglasses that block 90 to 100 percent of UV rays.
4. Sunscreen : Nothing knocks good days off a summer calendar like a nasty sunburn. When outdoors, use sunscreen with an SPF rating of at least 15. Use a higher-rated, waterproof sunscreen if you'll be poolside or out on the beach. Don't forget to cover areas that burn easily: nose, ears, shoulders, and back of the neck.
5. Lip Balm : Just like sunscreen protects the rest of your skin, a lip balm with SPF protection blocks out the sun and keeps in moisture for your lips. Perfect for a day on the lake or while you're working on that summer romance.
6. Water : Don't wait until you're thirsty! Drink water throughout the day to prevent dehydration or over exhaustion. Use the color of your urine to guide if you're hydrated enough — the clearer the better.
7. Juice : All natural juice without added sugar not only provides hydration but also important nutrients to keep you active in hot weather. Check the label on the juice bottle and make sure it says “100 percent juice with no sugar added.”
8. Fruits and Vegetables : Fruits and vegetables are easy to digest and often high in water content. Salads and other dishes rich in seasonal produce will keep you feeling light and hydrated.
Her periods had finished on 28/6/16 and aftr 3 days We had an unprotected sex on 31/6/16 and within 48 hours I had given her an I pill then we again had unprotected sex on 4/7/16 after that we again had unprotected sex on 9/7/16. And on 10/7/16 she was having a bleeding along with some white discharge the bleeding is very light and it had not stopped till yet we had done urine sex on 13/7/16 it came negative is there is chances of pregnancy ?please suggest me.
I am 20 yrs old from delhi. I have a problem of white discharge from 7-8 months. What should I do to over come by this problem? thanks.
I am 27 years old male. I married about 5 years but I have no child. I visit local doctor but I get no solution and we also can not share to anyone, so please help me.
Drink more fluids
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Bring a reusable water bottle with you to maintain hydration. If you're at work, you could also bring a pitcher and glass and fill it every morning.
- If you're older, be especially careful to drink fluids because the amount of water retained by the body decreases with age.
- Avoid salt tablets if possible. If your doctor has you on water pills, ask him or her how much you should drink.
- Don't drink liquids with dehydrating caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar. Avoid very cold drinks.
- At family events and reunions, bring a cooler of cool drinks.
- Cut back on exercising; if you must exercise, drink two to four glasses of cool, nonalcoholic fluids each hour.
Keep your body cool
- Dress in lightweight light-colored clothing and sun-reflective shirts. Wear loose clothing.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses. Keep a stash of hats on hand for friends and family!
- According to the cdc, fans may provide comfort but they do not prevent heat-related illnesses when the temperature is in the high 90s. Take a cool shower or bath, or move to an air-conditioned place to cool off.
- Stay in the shade, especially between 11 a. M. And 3 p. M.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
- Never leave anyone in closed, parked vehicle, even with the windows down.
- To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake.
- Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn.
- In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
Protect yourself from the sun
- Don't get too much sun. Sunburn makes it difficult for your body to dissipate heat.
- As well as a hat and sunglasses, wear sunscreen spf 15 or higher. The most effective products say 'broad spectrum' or 'uva/uvb' on their labels.
- Be aware of heavy sweating, hot and dry skin, rapid pulse, pale or clammy skin, and cramps in your leg or abdomen muscles. All could be signs of heat disorder.
- If you are older, it's wise to keep medical information readily available, including phone numbers of health care providers and copies of your prescription and health insurance cards.
My is almost 8 month pregnant, in ultra sound it is found that posture of baby in womb not OK. Baby is sitting opposite. And doctor saying delivery will be done by c-section (operation) if same continue. Please tell how to correct posture of baby.
How girls have sex with random guys .how can I be one of them .what qualities girls sees in boy to have physical relation with them.
I am pcod patient after my treatment. On the month of January I had sex and take unwanted 72 after taking this is had 3 days bleeding from. Then on 28th February I again had bleeding that's was my periods. Then I was waiting for the month of March but this month my periods didn't come instead of March my periods come on the month of April at 15th April. I do my hormonal profile tests on the 3rd day of periods. The result of tests is below: 1, fsh: 6.65mlU/ml 2, LH:9.85mlU/ml 3, prolactin:6.58 ng/ml 4, Testosterone:64. 43 ng/dl and normal range is between 14. 00_76.00 Please tell me my hormonal profile is fine and if it is fine what happen to me. I have hair fall And few acne on chin Portion. If this happen because of hormonal imbalance but I think my hormonal profile Is fine then what happens to me.
She thinks she has std because she is having all the symptoms for it. So what medications should she take on?
How safe is it to have sex before marriage? What are the precautions for safe sex apart from using condom and what if condom tears?
We are planning pregnancy. However I don't know if I could be pregnant this month as my periods are due. Yesterday I got a small prick with a small nail. Though there is no much wound is it mandatory to take TT injection? Considering I had one injection 9 months back. Please suggest.
I am 31 years and was trying for second child last month i.e.nov 24th I done iui treatment and on 11thdec I got my menstrual period and on 12th dec when I go for follicular study and my follicles shown 1.6*1.4 cm and they said iui is not possible for this month. What can I do now?
Good breast health is very necessary for a woman to avoid the risks of getting breast diseases, most particularly breast cancer. But there are some common mistakes most women make without knowing that they contribute to the threats of breast diseases. Read on to know which common habits may be bad for your breast health and what lifestyle alterations you can make to avoid them.
1. Not taking requisite care of your breasts with increasing age
The chances of developing diseases like breast cancer increase with age, especially as you enter the 40s and 50s. Most women don't consider their chronological age with requisite seriousness and this can expose them to higher risks of breast diseases. As you hit 40, you should sincerely make it a habit to get regular clinical exams to maintain proper breast health.
2. Not considering an annual mammogram
An x-ray of the breasts is known as a mammogram which is usually performed to detect premature symptoms of breast cancer. Studies reveal that a large number of women do not consider getting an annual mammogram done even after the age of 40. Experts are of the opinion that this can be threatening to your breast health as a delay of even a few months can result in developed and undetected breast cancer symptoms. So, it is recommended that after entering your 40s get a mammogram done after every year.
3. Not keeping track of your weight
According to researchers, women who have bmi (body mass index) more than 25 are considered obese and have greater chances of developing breast diseases in comparison to women having a balanced weight. The risk rises due to increase in the formation of oestrogen caused by the greater number of fat cells. Increased level of oestrogen is responsible for the growth of 'hormone-receptor-positive' type of breast cancer. You should try to eat healthy and regularly monitor your weight to avoid obesity.
4. Avoiding exercise
Avoiding exercise can have adverse effects on your breast health. Studies prove that women who exercise for about 4 to 7 hours every week have lower chances of developing breast diseases. This is due to the fact that regular workout ensures limited blood levels of the hormone 'insulin growth factor' which significantly influences the growth and behaviour of breast cells. So, start exercising from today to stay fit and maintain proper breast health.
5. Drinking too much alcohol
Regular consumption of alcohol increases risks of breast cancer as it causes damage to the DNA in cells. Moreover, it raises levels of oestrogen and other hormones responsible for triggering 'hormone-receptor-positive' breast cancer. You can avoid this risk by keeping your alcohol consumption to moderate levels and reserved for special occasions.
6. Exposing yourself to too many chemicals in the form of cosmetics
Most women use too many cosmetic products containing certain chemicals that increase their chances of developing breast diseases. This happens because often these chemicals tend to disturb the hormonal balance of the body by mimicking or blocking certain hormones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.