Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amudha`Your feedback matters!
Hello doctor I have delivered to a baby . And I have c-section I am getting back pain where anasthesia is given. Can I've permanent solution for this problem
Hello doctor, what if a part of a tampon cuts n remains inside vagina and we never come to know? Will it cause TSS? Or it will come out itself during periods or during heavy flow?
While check my wife got ruptured 3 eggs one time for 9 mm size, I want know if more than one egg ruptured by one time what will happen and after rupturing egg how many day we have to do sex for get pregnant?
Hi doctor, I took duphaston last 10 days. Now periods happened on time. But it looking brown in colour and light flow. What is the reason for that?
Hi I am taking "da zeagra" to have long time sex on bed is it ok to take this tab r please tell me if any other tab r oil which has the power that the edge of my cock should not since please help he I want to fuck hard and long time.
pcos - patient information
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition that causes irregular menstrual periods because monthly ovulation is not occurring and levels of androgens (male hormones) in women are elevated. The condition occurs in about 5 to 10 percent of women. The elevated androgen levels can sometimes cause excessive facial hair growth, acne, and/or male-pattern scalp hair thinning. Most, but not all, women with pcos are overweight or obese, and they are at higher than average risk of developing diabetes and obstructive sleep apnea. For women with pcos who want to become pregnant, fertility pills or injections are often needed to help women ovulate.
Although pcos is not completely reversible, there are a number of treatments that can reduce or minimize bothersome symptoms. Most women with pcos are able to lead a normal life without significant complications.
Common signs and symptoms-
- Irregular menstrual periods menstrual disorders can include absent periods, periods that occur infrequently or too frequently, heavy periods, or unpredictable periods.
- Infertility pcos is one of the most common causes of female infertility.
- Obesity up to 80% of women with pcos are obese.
- Excess hair growth on the face, chest, abdomen, or upper thighs this condition, called hirsutism, affects more than 70% of women with pcos.
- Severe acne or acne that occurs after adolescence and does not respond to usual treatments
- Oily skin
- Patches of thickened, velvety, darkened skin called acanthosis nigricans
- Multiple small cysts on the ovary
Are treatments available for women with pcos?
A variety of treatments are available to address the problems of pcos. Treatment is tailored to each woman according to symptoms, other health problems, and whether she wants to become pregnant.
Is there a cure?
- Medical treatments aim to manage and reduce the symptoms or consequences of having pcos.
- Medication alone has not been shown to be any better than healthy lifestyle changes (weight loss and exercise). Many women with pcos successfully manage their symptoms and long-term health risks without medical intervention.
- They do this by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a condition which can affect a woman's menstrual cycle, fertility, hormones and aspects of her appearance but with proper medical care she can lead a healthy lifestyle
Hello doctors I have been asking many question and I was satisfied, I am 27 years old 5.4 height 70 kg and I am suffering from pcod I have gone true all test like rubella blood test ultrasound and ssg for tubes testing every thing is perfect only going true pcod one month back I have visited gynecologist and infertility specialist she gave me metformin glycomet 500 mg along with that she gave me mcbm 59 but I was not satisfied with that doctors be coz she never use to explain me any thing she only use to write tablets, then again I visited different gynecologist infertility specialist she gave me ovabless tablets and I am very much satisfied with her I just want to no ovabless tablets is to reduce weight or to increase infertility and periods she asked me to have for one month and she asked me to come on my second day of period can I add mcbm 59 along with ovabless or can I stop mcbm I forgot to ask my gyn, please tell me more about ovabless tablet, and early morning I am having cinnamon and zeera water to reduce weight and after some time flaxes seed and then 2 chapati and in afternoon ragi ball green tea then again in night 2 chapatis and in morning I am doing skipping and I am using stairs 10 times from ground floor to 2nd floor I am I going right please doctors reply to my question I am I going right, my hubby and me stay in dubai I have come india only for treatment my hubby will b coming as doctor will ask on ovulation day mean while I want make my life style proper and do weight loss.
Sexual disorders come in different forms and variety; in short they are like people who come in all shapes and sizes. If you have a sexual disorder it does not mean that something is wrong with you. It only conveys that certain issues can affect anyone at any point of time and maybe for a reason or no reason. While some sexual problems have been tracked with their diagnosis and treatment, there are many which are not yet understood well.
The best part of all this is that if you are affected with a sexual disorder something like erectile dysfunction then there is no need to worry as there is a wide range of treatment. The treatment can range from some specific form to psychotherapy. This can virtually help anyone with the sexual disorder despite the concern.
The only concern associated with sexual disorder is that how is it affecting the person. Is it causing distress in their lives or their behavior is changing and would they k=like to change their behavior or the problem.
Symptoms of Sexual Disorders
- Dyspareunia: Constant and repetitive pain experienced during sexual intercourse in men and women
- Erectile Disorder (ED): Inability to maintain erection in men
- Exhibitionistic Disorder: Intense sexual urges and fantasies for over 6 months
- Female and Male Orgasmic Disorders: Repetitive and constant delay or absence of orgasm post sexual stimulation
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Constant and repetitive inability of, or maintaining arousal until the sexual activity
- Fetishistic Disorder: Also known as Fetishism, this involves eroticization of nonliving objects or body parts for sexual gratification.
- Frotteuristic Disorder: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Low sexual desire in men
- Premature (Early) Ejaculation: Early ejaculation, much before the person wishes for
- Sexual Masochism and Sadism: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Vaginismus: Spasm of the muscles which cause hindrance in sexual activity
- Sex Addiction (not a recognized diagnostic category at this time)
Treatments of Sexual Disorders
The most common sexual disorder, erectile dysfunction is readily treated with medication. The drugs prescribed for this are Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra. These medicines are only available if the doctor writes a prescription. They work by increasing the blood flow to the penis and in turn an easy erection in men when sexual stimulation is given. Viagra and Levita, both are effective in 30 minutes but Levita works a little longer than Viagra. The effect of both can last up to 4-5 hours. Cialis is believed to work faster that is within 15 minutes and lasts up to 36 hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I just want to confirm that last month my ovulation done after hcg injection. I just want to know that doctor suggested me to take hcg injection on 14 days and another medicine also given that I have to take on 16th day to 10 days morning and night. Please suggest your answer may I get pregnant this month.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My wife age is 20 years and she has pimple around the breast and etching with flows push and pain in it, she ate some medicine then quietly fine but after 1 month she has again suffer from it, but now she is fine, I want to ask that is it any symbol of major disease, please suggest me,
Am a 24 year old married woman. I missed period from 20/3/16 and I do not want pregnant because I have already 2 children. Oneof them is only 7months old so please suggest me best pill for abortion and in future what is the best way to control pregnancy.
I am 26 years old. My vaginal area is always wet. White secretion comes out all the time and there is bad odour and itching.
Endometriosis: causes and treatment
Endometriosis is a chronic disorder that occurs when tissues, which form the inner lining of the uterus - known as the endometrium - are found outside the uterus. This abnormal growth of endometrial tissue can take place on any part of the pelvic and abdominal regions such as the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, vulva, bladder, etc. Rare occurrences of endometriosis can also happen in the lungs, on the arms, and thighs among others.
There is tremendous research underway with regard to the causes of endometriosis in women as the exact root of its occurrence has not been determined.
The most plausible explanations for the development of this disease are as follows:
1. Retrograde menstruation: the most likely cause of endometriosis, this happens when menstrual blood and tissue backs up into the fallopian tubes and pelvis instead or getting expelled from the body. These displaced endometrial tissues then stick to the pelvic walls and grow on other organs in the region.
2. Endometrial cell transport: endometrial cells and tissues are often transported through blood and lymph vessels to various parts of the body where they start to thrive.
3. Embryonic cell growth: embryonic cells that line the walls of the pelvic and abdominal cavities often turn into endometrial tissue, which causes endometriosis.
4. Surgical scars: endometrial cells often get surgically transplanted to scars in the abdomen and pelvis during surgical procedures such as c-sections or hysterectomies.
5. Immune system disorder: dysfunction of the immune system prohibits the elimination of endometrial tissue outside the uterus.
6. Foetal development: endometriosis can occur in a foetus that retains endometrial tissue, which develops into the disease later in life when triggered by pubertal hormones (hormones that trigger puberty).
7. Hormones: endometriosis is stimulated by the hormone oestrogen, which leads to the disease when it reaches abnormal levels.
Endometriosis is a curable condition. The common treatments include:
1. Pain medicines: over-the-counter painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs help relieve the agony of endometriosis and burning menstruation.
2. Hormone therapy: the administration of certain hormones such as birth-control pills and other hormonal contraceptives, as well as drugs that block stimulation of the ovaries are effective in suppressing the development of endometriosis.
3. Surgery: this resorts to only when all other methods of treatment have failed. The initial surgical approach is to remove the extra-uterine endometrial growth. However, some cases might require a hysterectomy with complete removal of the uterus and ovaries.
Sir maine 13 sept ko apni girlfriend ke saath relation aage badhaya but mujhe lagta hai ki me discharge ho gya to ab kya uske preganancy ka kaise pta chalega aur hum kaise iss pregnancy ko rok sakte h any pills ka use kar k jo aage k liye b problem na kare please sir give suggestion for this problem.
An STD is transmitted by means of physical contact and intercourse. These diseases are caused by parasites, virus or bacteria. Usually, STDs are preventable provided you make the right choices concerning your sexual health. Refraining from sex isn’t a feasible idea at all.
But fortunately there are alternatives too to curb the menace that STDs are:
- Abstain: The most effective way to avoid STIs is to abstain from sex.
- Mutual monogamy: Two people who have sex only with one another don’t have any opportunity to bring a new STD into the relationship. If you and your partner have been tested and are healthy, remaining faithful to each other is a very good way to reduce your chances of contracting an STD.
- Get Vaccinated: One important prevention tool against STIs is vaccination. Currently, vaccines are available to protect against infection with HPV, hepatitis A and hepatitis B. Talk to a healthcare provider to see which vaccines might be recommended for you.
- Protect Yourself: Condoms work really well in stopping most STIs from being passed from an infected partner to another when they are used consistently and correctly every time a person has oral, vaginal or anal sex. Consistently and correctly means that a person makes sure they use a condom every time they have oral, vaginal or anal sex and put it on and use it the right way.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Avoiding alcohol and recreational drug use reduce the risk of contracting an STI, having an unwanted pregnancy, or being coerced to have sex. Alcohol and drug use can reduce our ability to make good decisions. It may also make us more likely to be talked into participating in an activity without being able to give our full consent.
Coping and Support
It's traumatic to find out you have an STI. You might be angry if you feel you've been betrayed or ashamed if there's a chance you infected others. At worst, an STI can cause chronic illness and death, even with the best care in the world.
Between those extremes is a host of other potential losses trust between partners, plans to have children, and the joyful embrace of your sexuality and its expression. If in doubt, don't hesitate to visit a skin specialist or a physician.