Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmruthaYour feedback matters!
My Girl friend had taken unwanted 72 first time and she is 20 years old is there any side effects of this tablet ?
Hello m 9th month pregnant my due date is 19 june n while Sonography I came 2 know dat d cord is around baby's neck so m little worried n frm some day I noticed der is very less movement in baby's activity So please guide me or help me what all things I should take care of n what al things it can happen at time of delivery. Is there is possibility of normal delivery?
My wife had undergone a chocolate cyst surgery on 30th August. Her periods have not yet occurred as of 01 Nov. We visited her gynaec 10 days ago and she asked us to wait and watch. Is this expected? What is the average no. Of days after periods start occurring again?
I am married for 1.5 years, since January we are trying for a baby but unable to conceive. Please suggest some vitamin supplements which could help me to conceive early. I do not have any period problem. I have regular periods. Pls help.
Hi doctor. I am 3 months married girl. I am noticing from last two three times that whenever me and my husband do intercourse I get itching while doing and moreover we both can't discharge properly. Please tell me what is the problem my husband is under medication of depression ?
Hi Dr, I am Brinda, 30yrs, F. Married since 7years. PCOD (on glycomet 850 and Normoz. Gone through 6 Follicular study no results. I conceived on own before 4years but it was miscarriage on 6th week (Only sac was seen could not see baby till 6th week scan). Now my Dr. Suggested for Advanced Diagnostic Hystereolaproscopy to find any blocks in my tubes and other fertile aspects. I would like to know if I surely have to undergo this laparoscopy or as an alternate could I go for IUI or IVF to conceive skipping this laparoscopy. Please advise. Thanks.
My cousin is 24 years old unmarried girl. She is pregnant of 2-3 weeks. Our family want to abort because of obvious reasons. My question is 1. Is abortion safe? 2. How much time it takes? 3. What is the cost involved in it?
Myself 57 yr. Lady. Sometimes bloody discharge appears from my breast. Is it any symptom of some disease?
Last month on 4th feb 2017 my periods ended. I had sex on 7th feb 2017. I took i-pill within 6 hrs after sex. I got a bleeding of dark brown or black color on 17th feb 2017. It continued for 2-3 days. I have not got periods till today. Its been more than a month.& there are no signs of pregnancy also. What should I do now? Please help.
- Ideal for weight loss!
It has only 33 calories in a cup of cooked cabbage, is low in fat and high in fiber. It is definitely a smart carb.
2. It is a brain food!
It is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins that help with mental function and concentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, improving your defense against Alzheimer's disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highest amount of these power nutrients.
3. High in sulfur, the beautifying mineral.
Cabbage helps dry up oily and acne skin. Internally sulfur is essential for keratin, a protein substance necessary for healthy hair, nails, and skin. Check out this Homemade Cabbage Face Mask
4. Help detoxify the body.
The high content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removes toxins (free radicals and uric acid). These are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
5. Has well-known cancer preventative compounds lupeol, sinigrin, and sulforaphane.
They stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of cancer tumors. A Study on women showed a reduction in breast cancer when cruciferous vegetables like cabbage were added to their diet.
6. Help keep blood pressure from getting high.
The high potassium content helps by opening up blood vessels, easing the flow of blood.
I am 43 years old female. I had 4 miscarriages in the past, the last being in May 2015. DnC done on all cases. I have a fibroid as well but not disturbing me (except during pregnancy). In 2014 post my 3rd miscarriage, I was diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism (i had a daily dosage of Thyroxine 25 mg). But in Jan 2015, the doc said my problem has been'corrected for life I feel alright now. But I have a swelling behind my left ear and on the left shoulder blade. Kind of glands. Is there anything I should worry about?
I am 35 years old. Dear sir/ madam my fsh levels are 64 and tsh 2.2. My hormone levels r high and my doctor has said that fsh levels r too high that have gone to menopause stage. My periods r irregular. For 2 to 3 months. I had one child of 6 years old. But now I am interested for getting second child. So give me any suggestion to have a child naturally. Thank you sir/madam.
Hye. I am 28 yrs old married woman. We are trying for a baby from last 2 years. Our all reports are normal. I need to ask about ivf treatment. What is this and how much it will cost if we want to go for it.
Hi I am 22 yrs old and I am facong irregular mensurational cycles. Two months once I am getting periods and the flow is lasting for 1 month. Please advise.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.