Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amrin
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmrinYour feedback matters!
Can I be pregnant if I do sex wearing panty and my fiance ejaculate far away not on my panty? Please advise.
My penis all time loose.& I sex with my wife only 1 minutes. But I feel my sex time less to less 30 minutes around. Pls suggest sir. Pls.
I am suffering from chronic pancreatitis, what is the risk factor that I will suffer from chronic pancreatitis?
Iam female 42 yrd old iam suffering with bone pains, periods coming regular with less bleed, knees pain even I climb four steps also, now from one week tendays iam suffer ing with itching on body full body its very irritating.
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
In order to treat APD, you can opt for the following modes of treatment:
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 20 years old (female) I haven't sleep from last 3 days and having severe headache and now I have dark circles round my eyes please suggest me?
I'm going to eat balanced diet due masturbation last 3 years I feel week So tell what are the timing to eat and which food to eat my age (18) Thank you.
I have suffering from corn in leg foot since 2 months. Feels very pain while walking. I met doctor he done cryopen treatment and asked me to do laser treatment on coming weekend. Please suggest me alternative way for permanent removal of corn in foot.
My husband age was 34yrs and he is suffering gas problem like chest burning. He use omeg tablet rarely. But is it good for him or not. What to do? pl suggest.
Hello I am 28 year old non married kuch time se meri heath thodi thik nahi chal raha hai pehle mujhe thoda gas ka problem tha but uske liye medicine liya to thik hai abhi all the time mere to halka halka cakkar aata rahta hai nd abhi 2 days se mere left breast me pain ho raha tha nd jab main kal thoda tuko press kar rahi thi to nipple se slight pani jaisa kuch nikla jo ki thoda sticki type tha nd raat me mera left nose band ho jaata hai jiske thoda breathing ka bhi thoda problem ho ta hai waise mere nose me thoda problem hai meri nose ki bone slightly bend hai so ek hole jaada hain and ek kam pls doctor suggest me ki koi serious issue to nahi hai na.
Required a medicine which shouldn't have a side effect as I use to get erection at morning time require to get the erection at night. Please help.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Runny nose is a condition when one’s nostrils keep on discharging a fluid. This happens due to congestion and inflammation of the linings of nasal passages and sinuses and is caused mostly by a viral infection known as common cold. Allergy or Sinus infection lead to the swelling of inner linings of nose and sinus. Inflammation caused by virus increases seepage of fluid from the blood vessels into the lining of the nose and also into the nose. This leads to swelling up of nose lining resulting into blockage of air flow and a runny nose.
One can refer to some safe and natural home remedies for runny nose that can give relief from this very uncomfortable condition and help expel the fluid comfortably. If one is experiencing other symptoms like a fever, cough, and or sore throat in addition to runny nose, then visit doctor to treat the underlying cause. Try to determine the reason for a runny nose as the causes of runny noses dictate the potential cure. If it is due to allergies then one can take antihistamine and if is due to cold/sickness then take steam and use decongestants. If it dues to clogging then blow nose and try and clear the irritant. Most of the times, it can be due to sleep deprivation.
- One must clean out nose regularly by blowing it through when the nose is runny. If one is not able to get the irritant out of your nostrils, try nasal irrigation product.
- Gently massage nose and area between eyes and earlobes to ease sinus pressure to slow down the flow of a runny nose. Apply light pressure to each nostril, closing and opening them slowly followed by rubbing above eyes and on ear lobes.
- Use steam to ease discomfort by reducing the mucus produced by runny noses. One can take a hot shower or bath, turn on a humidifier, or lean over a bowl of hot water.
- Try medication and supplements to further manage symptoms. There are a variety of prescription and over the counter medication to help manage runny nose. Nasal sprays, containing olopatadine, vapour rubs and topical decongestants, Magnesium and zinc supplements can help open up cells and nasal passageway.
- Apply pressure down ten times on the corner of the nose very gently to keep one’s nose from getting worse. This pressure point can help alleviate sinus congestion and headaches that are due to colds and allergies. The nose should be almost closed each time pressure is applied to the area. The same procedure needs to be done on the area just above
- Use salt water to flush out the nasal passages, freeing up mucus. One can either use a syringe or other product designed for nasal irrigation. Soak a hand towel in hot water and place it on the face to alleviate sinus pressure and open up the nasal passages.
- A supplement of Magnesium 400mg oral pills can help blood vessels dilate and restore blood vessel responsiveness in the mucous producing glands. Oral Zinc supplements of 15mg benefits intracellular pathways that cause secretions like mucous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.