Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 21 years old male. My teeth have broken in an accident. I want to replace it with a new teeth. What should I do for this ?
Hello doctor I met an accident before two days. My jaws got injured in my mouth but TMJ joints, dooring, matching of teeth is perfect but while I open my mouth some little deviating is coming even-though I was eating without any pain. Tat deviation will become normal?
Tooth ache since one week. I had shown to a Doctor he told me I will require a root canal. Is it painful?
Hello Doctor. What are the easy and effective home remedies for cure of bad odour from mouth? Thanks.
Hello sir, I have a problem, that I am suffering from mouth stink. please give me any solution or treatment. Thank you sir.
I am 25 years old guy, I get mouth ulcers frequently. Thought it heals in 3 weeks but they do not give a gap to occur. I used to have amla (for vit-c) and vit b tablet regularly, I don't smoke, I didn't have a bite, and they sometimes occur on roof of mouth or on the teeth gums. How to prevent it from occurring.
My gum is shrinking day by day leading to gaps between teeths.After every meal .Some part gets struck in between teeth.Its irritating as well as worrying.Coz i hav to use toothpecks to remove them.Its smtym shameful when i eat outside.Help me
I am 18 years old male. I am suffering from yellow teeth since last 1 year. I brush my teeth everyday. What I should do for white teeth? thank you:)
Hello, sir m apne ap m kamjor feel krta hu na hi active feel krta hu or baccho ki tarah thakaa hua feel krta hu. Or tension m zyada rehta hu choti choti baat ko lekar or m khoob paani peeta hu lekin daanto se khoon at a h please help sir.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"