Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. AmirtharajYour feedback matters!
Moderate intermittent pain at lower abdominal which sumtym increases to severe pain, accompanied with loose stool. Kindly advise.
Hi doctor, I have one grey hair near vagina. Please advise if it is normal to have grey pubic hair and I am 25 years old working in mnc.
I am male aged 75. Had frequent unination problem =urgency to unrinate. Many tests were done but nothing came out. Doctor prescribed Urimax 0. 4 and am taking it since last two years. Recently once or twice when intake of water is less, as doctor suggested no liquid after 4. 00 PM, I found that once or twice blood has come with the urine. Please advise urgently.
I have undergone total knee replacement surgery in october 2014. However, I still get pain on movement and there is a peculiar feeling of something getting pulled over my patella when I climb stairs. Please please advise what could be the cause of this. The operating doctor does not answer my query
How to remove dark marks of pimple am very tired about that because they listed my confidence please give me a better and working solution.
I am a male, 91 years of age. I am having pain in my left leg, as if some thing is pulling inside. Sometimes it goes upto foot, and it becomes dead. I have to move it to get it working. I am keeping it under control by regular exercise, but pain persists. I hope it is not due to heart problem. Kindly advise.
Sir iam 26years old I have the problem of frequent urination I have no bp no sugar how can I relive from this problem.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do.
I am 25 year old, i am having daily mental tension due to some issues in home. What I have to do please help me.
Dear Doctors Im suffering from hands shivering from last one week I have to smoke n drinking but please suggest medicines n treatment for this issue It is very insult for me pls suggest medicines.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.