Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amirtha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AmirthaYour feedback matters!
What is your usual morning routine? wake up, have some coffee, open your eyes and let the day begin. Coffee is addictive and how! there are people whose day cant end unless they're consumed their daily 5 cups of coffee. Its very important to understand when to take coffee in how much quantity so that, you can benefit rather than health issues. You could be the judge of that after reading these pro’s and cons of the effect of coffee on our health
Coffee is made from seeds, and like all other seeds it has protective compounds. Coffee can prevent strokes as well as lower our risk of parkinson's and dementia.
Coffee boosts our concentration and memory
Coffee lowers the risk of oral cancer. Decaf has a much weaker effect for the same while tea had no effect at all.
Studies show that high consumption of caffeine reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
The caffeine in coffee controls many brain functions e. G. Mood, energy levels, vigilance and even reaction time.
Caffeine can boost ones metabolic rate drastically, which basically means an increase in the burning of fat weight loss!
Coffee contains stimulants which can drastically lower the risk of developing depression.
Coffee can disrupt sleep patterns which leads to restless sleep and finally insomnia.
Coffee can lead to spinal bone loss in those people who aren't getting enough calcium on a daily basis.
The acidity in coffee can irritate your stomach lining which could eventually lead to ulcers, gastritis and even crohn's disease!
The over consumption of coffee can lead to headaches, and sometimes even migraines.
Caffeine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure levels those with blood pressure problems must limit themselves.
Regular coffee drinkers are at a risk of dehydration they must take measures to ensure they're always hydrated.
You've got the rundown on its effects, now it's your turn to choose your side. Pro coffee or anti coffee?
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)type diabetes
This month my mensuration is delay for 2-3 days and am feeling irritated so please give me home remedy.
Sir. I have a unprotected sex on September 23. And my period on October 6 then next month on November 8 both are light and for 2 days and red in colour but in December 8 it's heavy and pink in colour for 5 days. And I have some symptoms like acne. More urination. I doubted that I am pregnant and went for home pregnancy test and it showed 1 line means negative. .so doctor am I pregnant or not..
One of my relative, 40 yrs female who is diagonized with schizophrenia has been using Respodal 2mg & Pacetane 2mg both grinded together and taken daily for last 6 years. Does this medicine have any effect on Menstrual cycle, after taking this she is having irregular periods, for this she did consult Dr. and used some medicine and she did have menstrual cycle once in a while not regular but finally was told may due to her age (40 yrs) she ie nearing to menopause. But recently she had gone out of station and she was not on medicine (i. E Respodal & Pacetane) she had a menstrual cycle after almost 7 months and having not taken medicine for 10 days she again started taking medicine after 10 days gap now she is having tingling on hands and she wakes up all of a sudden in night and need to message the arms. What can be the reason behind this? Earlier she also had problem like tongue has been pulled inside or twisted. Does the taking of this medicine effect Heart too.
I am 21 n having recurrent boils folliculitis in vaginal area and labia minora swelling since five years. It get relived aftr treatment bt again relapse. I am virgin. please tell mi the diagnosis. I have taken almost all antibiotics. Bt not got permanent relief.
My wife is 25 years old. She had her last period on 2nd February 2016. After one month she did not have her periods so we went for the pregnancy test and it was negative. So she started to take Pearl birth control pills (15) numbers and Norethisterone tablets (6) numbers but her period did not start. Than on 22nd April again done a pregnancy test and it is positive. Now she is 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Will the birth control pills harm our baby? What will be the side effects for the baby and my wife? Please do reply. The doc said it will not harm but we are confused. Please anyone consult me.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.