Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 24 Year old I had sex with my girl friend today i. E13 Day of her cycle with condom but condom was broken inside. I gave her optional72 Pill after having sex. Is their any chance pregnancy.
I have PCOS in my left ovary and a dermoid cyst in the right. I am under medication. I get my period after evry 14-15 days of my last period. Is it a serious concern?
Kuch mahino se mera period thik se nahi aa raha hain. Last 2 months 32 to 33 days me period aaya tha aur es baar 26 days me aa gaya. Tension es baat ki hain ki 2 din tak thik rahta hain aur 3sra din thoda sa aa kr band ho jata hain. Abhi tak main conceive bhi nahi kr pa rahi hun jab ki sare reports normal hai. please help me.
I have a ovarian cyst due to which I got so many problems during my mensuration and lots of pain in abdomen can you tell me the reason why cysts are formed and I also have the problem of white discharge please suggest me what should I do?
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.
I was on the patches since sept. 2015. I been dating someone over a year and we decided to try to have a child . I got off them in march. We been having unprotected sex everysince. Last period I got was july 6 was pink spotting for four days. Was suppose to get my period last wednesday but im 10 days late. Ive been getting sick alot to could I be pregnant ?
Hi doctor, 8th april 2016 was my marriage with 26 years aged girl. And we physically attached from 2nd day and continues , and waited for the pregnancy confirmation, 1st we checked with a kit but it was -ve, after that for period, but faith it was also -ve. And we tried for next chance but same it was also -ve, we both are sad. After that my vacation finished came back to oman, so my next leave on next year. I am a person too much interested in sex and we enjoyed our bed time. Am doing self hand job before and after marriage everyday, is any problem by doing this? Now I feel the semen quantity is less than before. Kindly give me the guidelines for getting a baby as soon as possible. Thanking you.
I'm a 18 year old . I get period for 5 days On .4 th. Day it almost stops. My cycle lenght is 33 days but now its 4 days late this month .and it usually happens every month ..it's always 4-5days late ..sometimes 7-10 days ..also once in six months I miss one month of my period ...plzzz tell what to.do
I am 23 and in sonography I have found cyst in ovaries so what is the reason that I am not getting pregnant.
My age is 30 years have 2 kids. 1 is 3 years 3 months and another is 1 years 2 months. He is breast feeding. My last periods in on 26 august. I have 40 days cycle. But on 11 september. I notice some bleeding spot after that day I am suffer from menstrual pain, white discharge and loose motion. Yesterday night I did pregnancy test. Its showing 1 line. Now what I have to do. Should I do pregnancy test again or visit a gynecologist. please help.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.