Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Amar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes since my child hood, always I used to rub my eyes because of itching sensation. Please suggest me some precautions. Thank you.
Sir from 2012 I am using spectacles. My eye sight is becoming less day by day. I doubt know why? I have seen many doctors they suggest me spectacles which I am using. Can you please suggest me anything for increasing my eye sight?
I am 59 years old mail. I am suffering from diabetic since last 20 years and it is under control. I have been taking insulin at 12 before breakfast and dinner. Since last 2 years I have vision problem and I have consulted an eye specialist, who advised laster treatment. Now there is problem in seeing things of far distance. What is to be done now to improve my vision.
I have red eyes and migraine also. I took tablets and consulted so many. But nothing happened. Could you please solve my problem?
I am 26 years old, and now a days facing problem with my eyes, as I work on computer a lot eyes blink a lot more then usual.
Hi. Doctor am not getting sleep I feel sleepy but when I will go to bed and close my eyes I Will never get sleep I will not think also anything bcs of not sleeping proper I feel very tired next morning I can't do any work pls help me pls suggest any medicine or something pls help.
8 month before, I was meet with a bike accident and I got approx 10 Stench's on my face near my left eye and now a scare is appear on the effect area and its look bad. I really want to remove it please help me.
I am a student and my left eyesight is down. I wear spectacles having power -1 with compound .50 in left eye and right eye is ok as optician told me these parameters. So I want to know that can I get rid from spectacles and if yes then how plzz suggest me.
When I see straight forward my black eye part differs in position. I.e when my one black part of eye see in front then the another looks slightly inside. It seems bad. What can I do to become normal. What is this difference in position called?
Hello sir, I am studying, usually I study by the help of laptop, hereby which troubles my eyes, can I know any good suggestions regarding this. Moreover, some times I have head pain frequently, which makes trouble for vision.
My eyes sight is very weak from 4 years. My right eye and left eye number is -3. I am unable to see anything from distance. Without spectacles I am just blind. Kindly give me some solution.
In some times I woke up I am trying to open my eyes and move but I can not aftr few seconds it will be ok. Is there any nerve pblm?
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.