Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amar Agarwal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Amar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I have pain in left shoulder for 2-3 years ,on movement, not always ,One ultra sonography report says as follows :--- HRUSG OF LEFT SHOULDER * Left Supra-spinatous tendon is bulky and shows ill-defined hyopechoic areas suggestive of partial tear. * Bicipital Tendon is normal in morphology. It is normal in position. No evidence of peritendinous fluid. * Sub-scapularis & lnfra-spinatous appear normal. * Joint space appears normal. * Muscles around Shoulder joint appear normal. A doctor suggested pain killer tablet and spray which I use when required. Can you ,please, suggest me a permanent solution?
I am 20 years old male. I have suffering from appendices. But I have phobia of operation. What should I do.
My father has undergone cataract operation for his both eyes. Now in one eye his vision in not clear. What we should do under this condition?
I have a vision problem and from last 8years I wore spectacles I just want to get rid of it. please tell me about lasik surgery.
Sir, I am suffering from high fever. The fever comes every evening since 3days. There is also yellowness in my eye. Please help.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.