Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alwin
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. AlwinYour feedback matters!
I am from a village in Jharkhand India, as there is no proper Veterinary available in my village. I require your guidance for my Male GSD named SPIKE whose DOB is 15 June 2014. As of now he is 9 months old, but he is too slim and have dull coat in compare to his brothers of same age/litter all are on home diet. I use same supplement which they are using and also deworm him regularly.I have also started feeding him home cooked food ( from which he will be getting very small or no nutrient), I feed him 1/2 lung every day or 100 grams of cow meat and 1/2 ltr of milk, Chapatti (Wheat). Hence I wants to supplement him with available natural, herbal or any multivitamin supplement available in the country. I have contacted AAFCO, NRC and FEDIAF in this regard too.I have converted the NRC & AAFCO nutrient quantity in milligram and wanna be assure that he gets adequate nutrient. i have contacted aafco, nrc and fediaf in this regard too.i have converted the nrc & aafco nutrient quantity in milligram and wanna be assure that he gets adequate nutrient. so i wanna know which product should i feed him for multivitamin supplement or calcium, nutrient, vitamins, amino acid etc. please for god sake or for the sake of dogs please
This is a veterinary question. My rabbit is 1.5 month old. Should I give him Apple cider vinegar with water? If so then in what quantity. And when is the right time to neuter him? How much does it cost in India?
These's been a lot of hair loss in my dog I have been using petglow tonic from a couple of days but there's no improvement.
My dog is 1 month old. It is a Pomeranian breed. What all food can be given to him? Can I give him a bath?
I have Saint Bernard, he is not eating since last 6 months properly & goes slim & slim I have tried every thing Please help me Please I beg u
Your body cannot sustain without food and nutrition because it needs to be productive and healthy. What you consume on a daily basis will determine how your health will be in the present and future. But the current generation, despite knowing so much about healthy eating follow extremely unhealthy diets. One of the biggest reasons why the young generation has such unhealthy food habits is because they are busy almost all the time and this serves as an excuse for not having proper meals.
The percentage of young people eating unhealthy food has risen by 35% and overall obesity by 44%. The kind of food you put in your body when you are young will mostly stay on for the rest of your life. So, it is incredibly important to follow a healthy and nutritious diet.
Complications and dangers due to lack of good nutrition
Lack of poor nutrition translates into making your body vulnerable to a host of illnesses. It will greatly affect your overall health and lead to a lot of health complications which you may not be able to undo once you get older. Some of the health risks are:
- Type-2 diabetes
- Weak teeth and tooth decay
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Inflated blood pressure
- Increase in cholesterol level
- Bone decay leading to osteoporosis
- Eating disorders such as bulimia, anorexia, pica, rumination and binge-eating disorder
- Acidity or heartburn
- Improper sleep
- Long standing ailments such as arthritis and cancer
Why following a nutritious diet is beneficial for you?
Following a healthy diet can go a long way in ensuring that you stay in optimal health not just when you are young but also when you get older. What you consume today will have a direct effect on your body in the future. Some of the benefits of a nutritious diet are:
- Immune system- Good diet will strengthen your immune system, which in turn means you, will have to deal with less illnesses. Consuming proper amounts of vitamins B, C, E, A, iron, selenium and zinc helps a lot in ensuring this. You will feel stronger and healthier and will have a lot energy.
- Healthy and strong teeth and bones- Calcium is an ingredient that helps in maintaining, developing and having strong teeth and bone health. You can get calcium not just from dairy products but also from fruit juices, salmon, sardines, broccoli, soya products and kale. Vitamin D rich foods like fish oils can also give you a lot of calcium since this type of vitamin helps in your body in absorbing calcium.
- Lowers risk of type-2 diabetes- Eating high-fibre and low-fat foods contribute towards decreasing your risks of getting type-3 diabetes and also helps in preserving a healthy weight and BMI (Body Mass Index).
- Management of weight- Having a lot of fruits, vegetables, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and healthy fats helps in controlling your weight. Having nutrient-rich food keep you full and stops you from binging on things that are high in sugar and fats.
- Cardiac health- Fishes like salmon, hilsa, anchovies etc., filled with omega-3 fatty acids are heavily beneficial for ensuring a healthy heart. These foods also cuts down the risks of heart disease. Apart from oily fishes, low-fat milk products and fruits and vegetables also help in keeping your cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
No matter how much you exercise, nothing can substitute a good and nutritious diet because as you get older you may not be able to work out but if you follow a proper diet, it will ensure that you stay in good health and good spirits. You can have junk food once in a while, but always remember that a good diet will always enrich your life and health.