Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ALV JAYAS DENTAL CAREYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from the problem of cold and mouth ulcers about 1 months which medicines I should follow ?
Hello. I am a teenager and I have a problem regarding my jaw bone. My jaw bones are much protruding outwards and it looks awkward. Also I have noticed that my left jawbone is more protruded outwards than the other one. It looks very awkward to me. Wht can I do to get rid of it. Plzz help me.
Accident me mere do teeth toot gaye hai aur naak ke baju ki haddi bhi crack hai waha plate lagi hai Mujhe teeth lagwana hai local me hi aap bataiye koi solution.
I'm 18 years old. And my teeth is becoming yellowish. Is there any way to make my teeth white by natural way.
I eat chocolates and oily food. My teeth are becoming yellow and also I sleep 7 hours and I suffer from headache. I also have acne mostly near my nose. I also do masturbation and now I am suffering from backpain and somewhat pain in left kidney.
I am a sufferer of teeth related problem. My teeth is not strongly fit in the gums, so I need a suggestion to get rid of the problem.
Hi Sir, My teeth have become yellowish due to smoking and eating chicken I guess. Can you please recommend what I can do to whiten my teeth. Also is there any treatment and what is the cost.
Here's my opg. I have severe gum pain due to wisdom tooth. Doctor told me to continue medication for seven days. Some doctors told me to remove wisdom tooth. What to do now?
I am a 35 yr old male. I have been noticing some kind of liquid that is dissolving in my mouth from a tooth since few days. It tastes little salty. But d tooth is not paining. It just feels sensitive. No bad odour with it. I cant actually see it. Its a colourless discharge. N tastes weird in d mouth. Pls suggest what it could be n remedy. Thanks.
I have gums bleeding प्रॉब्लम. After getting treatment it remains ok for few months and it again starts. What can I do to avoid थिस.
I am 34 years old, I ate pan masala for quite long. I have done scaling too. I want to go for scaling again can you advise does scaling hv ny side effects on teeth,
I am of age 32 years and my teeth's became yellowish and stain marks. So planning to do teeth cleaning and whitening. Please suggest.
I am suffering a problem of rough tongue and a lack of saliva problem from a very long time and it is badly affecting my throat and sleep because I have to sip water again and again in the middle of the nights.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.