Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ALV JAYAS DENTAL CAREYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am suffering from bad breathing /bad smelling of mouth. I am using sensodyne Colgate also used lysrine but no effect. So please tell me something.
Mere throat mai 1 month se pain hai. tongue mai white colour ke spots bhi. Weakness bhi bohot ho rahi hai.
Hi sir I am suffering from tooth pain for one tooth hole has formed after so many days it started paining heavily I can't chew anything because teeth is paining if upper teeth and touches Lower teeth wen I touch teeth with my finger it's paining kindly suggest tablets and solution thank you.
My husband is 33 years old. He has tightness in jaws and head as well as anxiety since 2011 july after bee sting in neck. We consult many doctors but they told us that nothing happened due to bee sting. Please suggest what we should do ?
I got a wisdom teeth near my jaws, they are not bothering me at all. But one of them was growing at a different angle than usual. Should I consider removing it. Please help me:/
I have bad habits for chewing tobacco products. For this reason my teeth are seen red. I am trying to not taken tobacco products, but I do not. Can you tell me what should I do. Every day I am washing my teeth 2 times.
When I brush and eat anything hard lyk apple or guava, blood starts coming from my teeth nd because of this my mouth smells so bad I think I hav pyria so please suggest me what should I do to overcome this problem.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.