Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alala SundharamYour feedback matters!
Once upon a time I used to smoke a lot due to which my lips became dark. How can I restore it to normal state?
Myself sainath I have blackheads on by forehead. Please suggest me how to clear that blackheads through medicine and creams and also suggest me to become my face fair. I'm suffering from pigmentation problem too. Suggest me creams for fairer skin.
I am a male, 21 and am quite underweight. I aspire to be a male model somewhere around 24, right now my skin tone is not that good and hair are also damaged and kind of starting to turn gray. I am heavily concerned about getting my skin fair and please suggest a diet taking it in consideration. I currently have excluded dairy products in order to fight acne from my diet. Its too much to ask but please could you suggest skin care routine too?
Hello, I am 26 years old male. I am seeing some dark circles below my eyes. Not exactly below the eyes but just above the chick bone and aside to the corner of the eyes. These were not seen ever before. But now these are easily recognizable. Are they permanent? Can I get them all removed? What are the causes? What are the remedies? What are the home made remedies, exercises etc? I do exercises, sports, gym etc. I am a software engineer. Is this one of the reasons? Thank you for the help in advance. Have a nice day.
My skin is tanned due to staying in open pool for long. How long it will take to recover my original skin tone and what are the tips to speed up the same.
I am 23 year old had hemorrhoidectomy 4 months ago. I am still suffering from irritation in anus while bowel movement what should I do. I tried all pills and creams. I am also suffering from constipation.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I created a permanent tattoo on my arm, and now I want to remove this. Please suggest me that there will not be spoiled my skin, and tattoo will totally clean, can you give me surety for this. Other problem like cancer to nahi hoga na.
I had so many pimples and black spots on my skin and face and I am black how should I get fair and pimple less face?
My sister don't have any face problem but when she went out in sunlight can see dark black spot in a day. Why this happens and what can she do now.
I have stretched scars on my back, my legs and arm pit. I have not consulted any doctors. What should I do?
Sir, I am 27 years old, female, unmarried. Before six months I find a white scar on my back. From that time to now those coming many places on my back, face. I went to a dermatologist, he gave me predisone tablets, vitix cream. He said this is vitiligo. U have to use medicines for a long time. Please tell homeopathy can cure fastly or English medicines.
Dark or light colour patches on the skin are a constant embarrassment and definitely a beauty issue. Such pigmentation of the skin is generally caused by exposure to sunlight, allergies or even heredity.
However, these can be reduced considerably with the help of these natural remedies:
1. Potato Power - Potatoes are great for skin pigmentation issues like dark circles, dark patches and even melasma – the brown or greyish brown patches that appear on nose, forehead, cheeks or other areas exposed to the sun.
Grate a medium sized potato, squeeze its juice and apply it on the affected areas. Rinse after half an hour. Use regularly to get desired results.
2. Fruity Bleach - Banana has skin lightening properties. You can also add papaya, if available, to get a great fruity bleach that will help to get rid of all types of skin pigmentation.
Mix the pulp of both these fruits and apply on the face. Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get a glowing skin.
3. Amazing Aloe Vera - Aloe Vera gel has natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that rejuvenate the skin and help to produce new cells. As a result, when applied on the dark spots, they disappear with regular use leaving behind refreshed and rejuvenated healthy skin.
Mix thoroughly ½ a tsp of honey with 2 table spoons of aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Wait for some time before washing it off to get amazing results.
4. Sandal Wood Secret - Sandal wood purifies the blood and also works as a skin tonic. It also offers protection from sunlight and UV rays.
Mix equal quantities of sandalwood powder and rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the affected areas and wash after 30 minutes to get soft, rejuvenated skin.
5. Wonders of Cucumber - Cucumber is a skin rejuvenator and combined with lemon, it works wonders to lighten up the skin.
Extract some cucumber juice and mix with lemon juice. Apply on the skin and rinse after some time. You can use each of them separately too, they are even effective on their own.
6. Awesome Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates the skin to bring out fresh, younger looking skin.
Mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar with water and apply on the dark or light patches on the skin. Wash off after some time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.