Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alagu ThyagarajanYour feedback matters!
My Penis foreskin is fully covered and it is not opening. When I try to open its paining a lot and only half of the foreskin is folding back. I want my foreskin to be folded back fully, please help me! What should I do?
Sir I feel pain in my lower part of abdomen in right side. Sometimes pain in pelvic and thigh then semen erection happens during morning stool.
I am 23 years old and I am getting a headache on right side only from last 5-6 years. I use to have homeopathy treatment for that it gets ok after having medicines a time duration but after some time I again gets that pain. And goes severe that my eye use to get red and water flows. That pain goes back head and even into neck and ear. Eye sight of that eye is week. Even when I used to get that pain I feel irritated when somebody touches me or calls me. Can anyone please tell me what to do.
My stomach is paining somehow from last 1 month. Nd whenever I am eating something after 30 min I'm feeling hungry also my mouth is not giving taste after 30 min. I am feeling tasteless also my stul is not happening nicely. Sir what should I eat. For this.
home remedies for fungal infections
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
Plz suggest some natural food and treatment for improvement of sperm count quality and quantity. Premature ejaculation problem.
I have a habit of masturbation is it bad for health I am now 52 years old and having no problem of health only diabetic but sugar level is under control.
I have done endoscopy on 25 jan and found gastritis and RUT hipylori positive. Please suggest me diet and medication.
Low grade fever for last two month running after Dengue infection. I was diagnosed with Dengue Fever way back October first week 2015. Hospitalized for 1 night they gave me necessary medication along with drips, was trying my best drink fluid as much as I can like Coconut water, papaya, water and other fruit Juice. It really helped me after a week I was all well, my health was back to track. It is my fault but I started smoking cigarettes and drink and within a week I felt mild fever every night, but still I'm on to cigarettes though it will ran off within a days. But Alas still now I'm suffering it's been more than three month's. Complete Blood test was done two times. Every thing is fine. Right now I'm taking Multivitamins along with Protein powder.
I am a boy of 16 and I wanted To Know That Sometimes Whenever I Start Walking Fast for A distance or Run 5-6 rounds Then A sudden Pain occurs on the Left Side Of my Chest And Stop doing the Activity. WHAT CAN I DO TO Reduce Or Root Out this Pain. Please Consult Thank you.
My daughter had diarrhea last week after eating prawns don't know exact reason but I thought that it was due to see food she is 2 years old she is active very much but when ever climates changes occurs she will get ill can you suggest me how to protect my baby.
Sir, what are the symptoms of flu? And what are the precautions to be taken for the cure of flu And what is the usual home made option too avoid flu.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a sever stomach pain tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
My anti-hbs value is 98.61 mlu/mlI got vaccinated 15 years back. Should I take a booster dose? My wife is hepatitis b positive.
Sir I have fiver so I can do please tell me your good suggestions I am eating for you please sir immediately this answer.
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!