Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alagu SundaramYour feedback matters!
I had a gelwith red substance from my vagina but it's not a periods I don't know why it's like this.
I got my first period after 7 month of my delivery it last for about 15 days. Next period after a month it last for about. 1.5 months then I consulted a doctor suggested me to take hormone tablets for 21 days. I used them gim my period. Started on 21st day. Please suggest me to regulate my periods in time.?
Hello. 4 months ago I had an operation ie ovary cyst. Open surgery n im told not to wear heels so I can really cant wear heels or I can wear n if I wear it will be problem for me in future?
My age is 32. My husband age is 33. I got married in the month of may. I want to become pregnant. He wil come only on Saturday and sunday. We have intercourse on that time only. I had constipation problem. Last month I checked haemoglobin, thyroid, pressure,sugar. All normal. We have tried in so many ways. All things got failure. Some people are saying after the period you should not take sweets, egg etc. My doubt is wat food have 2 take for getting pregnant. Another is constipation avoid pregnancy.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce swelling and inflammation
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi I am sle patient cant get period without medicines from last 8 Months I am taking treatment of infertility last month my follicular study is like this 25mm and 26mm but I dint conceive now my doctor has given me lupi hmg75 injection is there any possibility of getting my pregnant I want a baby please help me.
Hello Dr. I hv recently delivered a baby n now in making love during Lochia less than less flow the condom was broken n few leakage occurred but its not confirmed that was really broke but I am very tensed can I get pregnant again n if yes than when should I check for confirmation of pregnancy n really I don't want to get pregnant again so Dr. help me for the same.
I am 19 years old. I had sex with my bf on 7-8 th day (29 th nov) of my cycle and had taken I pill within 6hrs. After 3-4 days bleeding occurred. On 31 dec I took pregnancy test using preganews, it came out negative. But still I have not experienced periods yet. Am I pregnant? If not then why the periods are so much delayed? And what to do for bringing back my periods? please help.
I am having history of miscarrage, 1st is threatning abortion and another is d& c. As there is only gesteral sac no yolk sac no fetal pole at 12 week. I did my biopsy done, tbpcr, torch test and anti phospolipid antibodies but all reports is good no problem found. I am thyroid patient my tsh is 15.14. I am on 75 mcg medic. My endocrinology asked me not to plan a baby until my tsh fall 2.5. Is i. Empty gesteral sac can cause due to thyroid?
1) Exhaustion- Do you feel tired, exhausted all the time? Most women think that it?s because of their frantic life. But it could actually be because your tissues don?t get enough oxygen.
2) Heavy Periods- Heavier blood flow is one of the reasons behind iron deficiency. Women may loose too much of blood and might not be able to replace it faster. Periods should only fill two to three tablespoons each month.
3) Paleness- Have people been telling you that you look pale or sickly. Low levels of protein and iron can suck away colour from your skin.
4) Shortness of Breath- A flight of stairs seem like a mammoth of a task when you have less iron. If you easily get short of breath, it?s time you consult your doctor.
If you have any of the above symptoms or have more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Sir, Nine months ago I found out I was pregnant which unfortunately it wasn't planed the pregnancy interrupted my wedding and a couple of surgeries I was gonna undergo everything had to be canceled off but I was blessed to be pregnant because that same month I Found Out I Was Pregnant I was planning to undergo a tubal ligation so my baby was growing really fast and healthy at four months my bellybutton pop-out but three weeks after I turned 5 months I had a fatal car crash and tragically lost my baby girl .I was at the hospital almost a month because of my postpartum and my health issues but as they release me from the hospital I noticed that my umbilicus was still an outtie it's almost 4 months and navel doesn't go back inn any idea what can it be?
My girlfriend always asking me to have sex with her .but what to do to prevent pregnancy with out using condom. I would ask about any contraceptive pill which can be used? Please suggest.
Tips for lost energy or interest in sex by Dr. Vaibhav lunkad
Nothing is fatal or final so never ever give up, my dear patients, of any age or problems whatsoever. All the physical problems can be made easy by attitude towards the problems-that means how you take and solve them. Problems or people always appear hard nuts to crack at the first impression but it needs sportiness of 100% to please anyone or crack any nut. Never duck out or go into a shell by reacting to anything. Never say immediately it's all over or just get out of my life, as the other person coming into your life could be even still worse or even hiv positive. The best part of hiv positive people is that they are at least positive in something and they are better than those people who see negative in everything.
Just start your day by saying I am open and free and not carrying any blocks in my head or heart. Secondly recharge your mind by walks, jogging, yoga, pranayam, cold water baths, massages, perfumes, meditations, and completing daily chores without any sort of procrastination. Thirdly eat light raw foods and only warm liquids or otherwise digestion and activity will slow down badly. Fourthly ease in all ways,&nbsp;work, playfulness, romantic talk, smile, behaviour, self confidence, self-respect, a little self-love without any doubting sucking angry attitude or talk makes heaven even in hell. Fifthly herbs, cow milk, cow ghee etc with your doctor's advice will add spark too.
Sixth a kerala type or variety playful massage removes energy and mood blocks very nicely from my personal experience and also the communication blocks and starts the sex or romance all over again.
Aroma baths or salt water baths and herbal vaginal douche removes those smells which can put off anybody totally.
And remember more important than sex is body play, hugging, cuddling, patting, clitoral fingering to climax, touching all over, kissing, smooching, and love talk, eye to eye contact, showing interest in each other. There should be more of friendly playfulness than partnering for sex performance as a formality or responsibility or addiction.
If you have liked please like Dr. Vaibhav lunkad fb page with feedback too and just start everyday deleting the past memory totally and you are sexy all-ways.