Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AlagasundaramYour feedback matters!
Hi, We use safety during having a sex. As my wife is afraid of operation and using copper tee etc. Last time she faced with some infection and doc informed it was due to condom we use. I want to know is their oral pills which she can take once in month to avoid pregnancy. Thanks and will be waiting for feedback.
In most cases, pain anywhere in the body can be explained as a symptom of some other problem, but sometimes, there is no reason for abdominal pain. This type of pain is known as chronic functional abdominal pain. This is a gastrointestinal disorder that cannot be explained through X-ray or laboratory findings. It can be triggered by altered sensitivity to nerve impulses in the brain and gut. People suffering from this condition are often so debilitated by the pain that it becomes the central focus of their life.
This condition cannot be cured, but with proper treatment, it can be managed so that it does not affect the quality of your life. The aim of treatment for this condition is to control the symptoms and improve functioning. When it comes to treating this condition, the patient’s relationship with his or her doctor plays an important role as the condition cannot be proven through any form of testing and it has a great psychological effect on the person. Regular checkups are also a key to managing this condition effectively.
The first step towards achieving this is to identify possible emotional and situational triggers. Maintaining a journal that records these experiences can help with this. Further treatment is usually either through psychological treatment or antidepressants.
Psychological treatment is based on the understanding that the brain can block pain by diverting attention elsewhere. Nerve impulses that travel from the abdomen to the brain must pass through a type of ‘gate’ that is controlled by nerve impulses generated by the brain. When these impulses close the gates, pain is blocked while when these gates are open, the pain can be magnified. Psychological treatment for chronic functional abdominal pain can be in the form of relaxation techniques, imagery, hypnosis and cognitive behavioral therapy. While relaxation techniques such as meditation and hypnosis help a person shift focus from the pain, cognitive behavioral therapy teaches a person how to change thoughts and perceptions in order to control the pain.
Antidepressants can also act as pain relievers. This form of medication stimulates the production of brain signals that close the ‘gates’ of nerve transmissions. This blocks the pain but can take several weeks to be effective. Some people may experience side effects such as drowsiness and nausea and hence should never be taken without a doctor’s supervision. In some cases, antidepressants may also be combined with cognitive behavioral therapy or medication to regulate bowels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am 17 year old girl. I have been having vaginal discharge since a week. It's white thick fluid and has a faint unusual odour. Is it normal or some type of infection? Is there a medicine that I can consume for discharge?
Kya pregnancy mein romance or sex kar sakte hai Ya kitne time bad Isse baby par to koi problem nahi hogi please tell me.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I have pcod. Which is severe since 3 years. I'm taking homeopathic medicine. Could you prescribe a allopathy less costly medical.
I had sex with my wife on the 5 th day of periods when she was not bleeding. As I was not using any protection she had to have ipill. Now her date has crossed more than 11 days and she is not getting her periods. Checked the pregnancy test and it was negative. Need to know is it because of the pills or something else is wrong?
Hi I'm 28 years old and its been 5 months got engaged and as now we talk about sex, when we talk more on it she is now facing a little pain at her breast, Is this require care or consultation?
I took the pregnancy termination pills - Mifepristone & Misoprostol under the guidance of a gynaecologist . 1 taken orally and 4 internally inserted. After 15 days of taking these pills as asked by the gym I got an ultrasound done and it showed one clot still left, Gynae said it'll come out in my next period which might come in 15 days or 20 days or 30 days. But not before that, she said since that could mean trouble. After 2 days of the ultrasound I've started bleeding a bit again (spotting) Will I need surgery? I really don't want to get any sort of surgery done. I have completely stopped spotting now, it just took place for a few hours. Today I took the urine test for pregnancy (first urine of the day) after medical abortion and it came back as "weak positive" what do I do now?
I am 26 year old female. My period is due. My husband fingered me and I bled. Also after sex I bleed. It feels like my period is on but there is no blood. I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst earlier this year. But after taking birth control pills for a month that was ruled out. M worried.
I Married To My Girl friend, But She Get Too Much Pain While Sex, I Used Slippery Type Oils Also But She Get Always Enough Pain, Is It Normal? Or Need To Go For Doctors? Any Help Please.
- There are two level of your mind: conscious or subconscious.
- You think with your conscious mind & whatever you habitually think sinks down into your subconscious mind, which create according to the nature of your thoughts.
- Subsconscious mind is the seat of your emotions & is the creative mind. If you think good, good will follow; if you think evil, evil will follow. This is the way your mind works.
- Your subconscious mind accepts what is impressed upon it or what you consciously believe. It does not reason things out like your conscious mind,& it does not argue with you controversially.
- Your subconscious mind is like a soil, which accepts any kind of seed, good or bad.
Your thoughts are active and might be likened unto seeds. Negative, destructive
thoughts continue to work negatively in your subconscious mind, and in due time will come forth into outer experience which corresponds with them.
- Subsconsious mind does not engage in proving whether your thoughts are good or bad, true or false, but it responds according to the nature of your thoughts or suggestions. Example if you consciously assume something as true, even though it may be false, your subsconscious mind will accepts it as true and proceed to bring about results, which must necessarily follow, because you consciously assumed it to be true.
- The law of your mind is this: you will get a reaction or response from your subsconscious mind according to the nature of the thought you hold your conscious mind.
My wife is pregnant of 8 weeks according to sonography report doctor says that crl is 4. Is it good? Tell me in detail. Please.
No matter how much precaution or care you take, diseases are inevitable. With different diseases, a number of different mode of treatments are also available. Allopathy and homeopathy are the two most important and critical modes of treatment. Allopathic treatment administers the use of medicines (Antibiotics) and surgeries to treat a disease. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has a more natural and holistic approach. Be it serious or minor, homeopathic treatment is effective against all kinds of diseases. Homeopathy cannot cure a disease overnight. It tries to get to the root cause and the various factors (physical, mental and social) that influence a particular disease.
In case of allopathy or antibiotics, many diseases are dealt with at a very superficial level. The side effects of antibiotics are known to all. In some cases, the side effects can do your body more harm than the disease itself. Antibiotics often provide instant, but temporary relief.
The goodness of homeopathic treatment lies in the fact that it comes with zero or negligible side effects. Most of the homeopathic medicines are prepared from herbs. Homeopathic treatment, however, can be time consuming. A little wait for a sound health is not a bad deal at all. Almost all the homeopathic medicines are FDA approved and recognised. Thus the medicines can be taken without any doubt and hesitation. Of late, more and more people are choosing homeopathy over antibiotics. Some of the common diseases which are best treated with homeopathy are -
- Pulsatilla: Some people suffer from mood swings. They experience strong emotions and at times feel neglected and unwanted. Pulsatilla, commonly known as Windflower, helps to soothe a person immensely. The medicine is particularly helpful for women and children suffering from infections. Cough and cold can be frustrating and annoying. In some cases, the situation aggravates at night. The mucous appears to be thick, with a yellowish or greenish yellow colour. With Pulsatilla, cough and cold will be a thing of the past.
- Aconitum: Respiratory infections, ear infections, influenza, or sore throat can be quite unnerving. The associated symptoms include fever, difficulty in swallowing, a feeling of restlessness and extreme thirst. If not treated, the diseases can bring your life to a standstill. Under such circumstances, Aconitum comes as a blessing. Also known as Homeopathic Vitamin C, Aconitum is a very effective medicine against these infections.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic medicine to deal with throbbing and excruciating ear pain. Also known as the Deadly nightshade, Belladonna is highly recommended for the other common infections as well. Some females experience cramps, nausea and motion sickness during menstruation. Belladonna provides great relief.
The benefits of homeopathy are accepted worldwide. If you want a permanent relief from diseases, homeopathy is all that you need. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.