Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alagar RajuYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old male and I am suffering from more hair fall, Please advice best remedy for stopping the hair fall.
Hi Kya pregnancy ke doran pet Tammie me kuch Stretch marks ho jate hai kya un marks ko mitaya ja sakta hai.?
I have black spots and pimples on my face. I used a cream to removed it but they is no gone. What can I do to remove black spots.
I have a keloid and it is hereditary problem. I have no clue how to treat that as already consulted doctor but it's increasing.
Hello sir, I am a patient of gynecomastia. I am facing so many personal problems can I get rid off of it please.
What is the best way to treat face acne? I have tried a range of facewash but was never able to treat it completely. What would be the most effective treatment?
Hi I m 22 years old How to grow hair thicker and how to avoid hair fall. I m not using and jelly products and not using conditioner or any shampoos give me a solutions.
Hello everyone, I want to discuss one thing. I am going through the problem of hair fall. I loose hair from front portion. But now m using egg on hairs. please Guide me how can I protect my hair n how it can come back again.
Hi. I am a 23 year girl. Please suggest me which one is better for skin lightening honey and lemon face pack or chironjee and almond face pack. Please reply soon.
Alopecia is a medical term used for baldness. There are different sorts of alopecia, including alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a condition that causes a person’s hair to fall out in patches. It is an autoimmune disease where the person’s own immune system attacks his body, the hair follicles in this case. When this happens, the individual's hair starts to fall out, usually in patches. The degree of hair loss varies from person to person.
Rarely, the person loses all the hair on his or her head (alopecia areata totalis) or whole body (alopecia areata universalis). The person’s genetics may trigger the autoimmune response of alopecia areata, alongside other unknown triggers. For a few people, hair becomes back yet drops out again later. Some people’s hair does grow back. Every case is exceptional. The condition usually occurs when white platelets attack the cells in the hair follicles, making them shrink.
While researchers are uncertain why these changes take place, it appears that hereditary traits are included, as alopecia areata will probably happen in a person who has a relative with the same illness. One in five individuals with the infection have a relative who has also developed alopecia areata. It is also believed that it mostly occurs in people with a family history of other autoimmune diseases such as arthritis or type 1 diabetes.
Alopecia areata cannot be cured but it can be managed in terms of symptoms and hair can grow back. By and large, alopecia areata is treated with medications that are used for different conditions. Treatment choices for alopecia areata include:
- Corticosteroids: These are anti-inflammatory medications that are recommended for immune system illnesses. Corticosteroids can be given in the form of an injection into the scalp or different areas, orally (as a pill), or applied as a balm or a cream.
- Topical immunotherapy: This kind of treatment might be used if the baldness or hair loss recurs. The irritation that the medicines cause may cause hair regrowth.
- Rogaine (minoxidil): This topical medication is now used as a treatment for hair loss. It for the most part takes around 12 weeks of treatment with Rogaine before hair starts to grow back.
A few people with alopecia areata use alternative therapy to treat their condition. These may include:
- Herbal supplements
- Wearing covers (wigs, caps, or scarves) to shield the head.
- A number of people with new-onset alopecia areata have had stress in life, for example, work, family, deaths, surgeries and accidents. Nonetheless, this has not been proven as a cause scientifically.
- Applying sunscreen to shield uncovered areas or patches from sunburns.
- Wearing shades to shield the eyes from the sun if the eyelashes have dropped out.