Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Alagappan ThiyagarajanYour feedback matters!
Since from past six months I have wisdom teeth problem, I have facial and headaches pain and also my face joints means my upper and lower joints has be tight. What I have do for this problem.
I am suffering from severe hand pain for last 2 Weeks. I was used a lot of tablets but there is no cure for my pain. Can you give a suggestion for that please.
I am 72 year old male with following ailments (1) Type II Diabetes. On insulin by choice. 23 units morning x 10 units night (2) Heart patient with partial blocks. ECG at rest is normal On Tab Dilzem 60 BD + Tab Ismo 20 BD -------- I am very tense always Please prescribe mild muscle relaxant / anti-depressant with potency dosage, how many times per day.
My brother has some problem in his shoulder. It just freezes his shoulder movement and pains a lot and he finds himself unable to move his hand due to severe pain. Whenever this happens, it takes almost an hour to pain to come down and allow him to move his hand. What can be the cause and how it can be cured.
I am 20 years old and I am having a pain in my hand while starting writing this happens to me several times please suggest me something.
Mere cousin ki ek hand ki ungli 8 year pahle achanak murti chali gayi, dikkat ab ye ho rahi hai ki ab us ungli ke thik bagal wali ungli bhi jhuk rahi hai, kya wo kisi surgery se thik ho sakti hai. Agar ha, to kaha.
I am having Pain in my Right Knee for about 3 weeks, I have taken pain killers but the pain is continuing. I wake up with a stiff knee and it becomes better after walking for some time. Again at office when I have to work for 3-4 hours at my System and get up It is very difficult to walk. Kindly help.
My mom is allergic to dust, she often gets I'll when she is prone to dust while cleaning and also has asthma at starting stage, she gets suffocated when there is cloudy weather with aches in her back, also she looses her energy often in whether change. Pl guide.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.