Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AkilaYour feedback matters!
I got pregnant and while taking ultrasound for my abdomen there was stone in my urinal bladder measuring 2.5 please give me suggestion, it is urgent.
Hey I had protected sex on 9 june and 5 jun is the last date of my periods now I had urine pregnancy test that is negative I also take a course of meprate to get my periods but no result now after 7 days m taking misoprostol and mifepristone to get my periods suggest me is it right please help me.
My last periods date was 23 mar, I have not got periods yet. Also I am getting a lumpy type small white granular discharge. Are there chances of pregnancy.
Thanks for all doctors who suggest or answer me .i am pregnant now. Please help me what I will do or not do in pregnancy?
I have been facing issues of periods I am not getting periods until I take ovral. Its been months. What should i do?
HI My wife age of 32 years there is monthly period problem with my wife which was should be start on date 01-08-2016 but till time not started also suffering from pain.
My periods ended on Wednesday I went out with my boyfriend on Saturday we didnt have sex neither he penetrated but since we were too close its possible that a bit of his pre ejaculated semen has reached my vagina. I am a pcos patient and I have eye power problem I hadnt wore specs for two days and I have gastric problem too. From Monday I am experiencing dizziness vomiting and lower back pain. I do not want to visit any doctor nearby is.
Hello Doctor I had unprotected sex with my partner on 25th jan and she had ipill on the same day. After that she got her periods from 11th to 16th feb. And now she is getting some secretions from her breasts which is white in colour n sometimes waterish. She is having pain in her breasts. She got her urine pregnancy test which are negative. I want to know if she is pregnant and is that milk?
I am not married. I have rashes around vagina from last 1 year. I have been using Metronidazole, RAND 150, oflox -200, cloben-g as suggested by going. But still I am suffering with rashes. Pls suggest me what to do. Is this a severe problem? Suffering alot. Please help me.
I'm on the contraceptive pills (unwanted 21). After how many days of taking the pills am I protected? What are the consequences of not taking the pills in the order?
Hello this is carol. I had unprotected sex with my husband in the month of november. And there after we didn't have sex. I had my regular periods for two months i. E, in December and in Jan. But this month which is Feb, I dint get my periods yet. Is there any chances of getting pregnancy now.? I really wanted to know. please help me with your suggestions. Thank you.
I have unprotected sex with my gf. She's not having period that time we had sex. Will she get pregnant?
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? Thanks.
Me and my gf want to do sex but actually we are scared of pregnancy so what precaution should we take before and after sex?
Western culture's understanding of carrots being 'good for the eyes' is one of the few we got right. #carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin a in the liver. #vitamin a is transformed in the retina, to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision.
Beta-carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts. A study found that people who eat the most beta-carotene had 40 percent lower risk of macular degeneration than those who consumed little.
#helps prevent cancer
Studies have shown carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer, and colon cancer.
Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases. Carrots are one of the only common sources of this compound. A study showed 1/3 lower cancer risk by carrot-eating mice.
Slows down aging
The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism. It helps slows down the aging of cells.
#promotes healthier skin
Vitamin a and antioxidants protects the skin from sun damage. Deficiencies of vitamin a cause dryness to the skin, hair, and nails. Vitamin a prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes and uneven skin tone.
5. Help prevent infection
Carrots are known by herbalists to prevent infection. They can be used on cuts-shredded raw or boiled and mashed.
6. Promotes healthier skin (from the outside)
Carrots are used as an inexpensive and very convenient facial mask. Just mix grated carrot with a bit of honey. See the full recipe here: carrot face mask.
7. Prevents heart disease
Studies show that diets high in carotenoids are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein.
The regular consumption of carrots also reduces cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
8. Cleanses the body
Vitamin a assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body. It reduces the bile and fat in the liver. The fibers present in carrots help clean out the colon and hasten waste movement.
9. Protects teeth and gums
It's all in the crunch! carrots clean your teeth and mouth. They scrape off plaque and food particles just like toothbrushes or toothpaste. Carrots stimulate gums and trigger a lot of saliva, which, being alkaline, balances out the acid-forming, cavity-forming bacteria. The minerals in carrots prevent tooth damage.
10. Prevents stroke
From all the above benefits it is no surprise that in a Harvard university study, people who ate more than six carrots a week are less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or less.
I have migraines from last Once a month. Up late, menstrual, food disturbances but before three months i took multivitamins for a month. what should i do ? please advice
Hi, as per doctors suggestions we tried sex since 8 months. Still my wife not conceive. Sperm test is found ok. Now doctors suggested folic acid and vitamin D3 tablets to my wife. Pls suggest?
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.