Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akhila Reddy
Submit a review for Dr. Akhila ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old and I have severe stomach pain and vomiting during menses, what should I have to do to get rid of it.
I'm regularly getting white blood discharge, and I feel too tired and weak, please advice the simple medicine. And I'm a mother of 9 months kid.Please advise.
During the sex can I used any liquid on vagina for more better kissing on vagina by my lips? And which type of liquid I have to used?
Usually I have menses within 26-30 days. But this time its 33 days and still no menses. However I am facing abdominal cramps, leg pain, tender breasts, nausea. My last menses was started on 26 th November, but I had oral sex with my partner on 4th December. We never had intercourse till date. Not even on 4th December. Is it possible to get pregnant without intercourse? I am facing white discharge (very little) for 2-3 days. We earlier also had oral sex but never missed period.
Which is better for pcod (considering other aspects like weight reduction and nutritious diet are normal and under control)? Allopathy or ayurveda or homeopathy? 95% of the pcod/pcos patients have the opinion that they tried allopathy for 2-3 years and did not see any change but also the medication causes rise in body heat, tiredness etc. But had drastic positive change when they changed to ayurveda, and homeopathy also.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.