Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. Ajmal M YYour feedback matters!
Acne is a condition that usually occurs when you are in your adolescence, but sometimes it can happen when you are an adult as well. In women, it occurs when they have reached their menopausal age. The chances of adult acne occurring in women are higher than men.
What causes acne in adults
- Stress: If you are under stress on a regular basis, then the body tends to produce a hormone called androgen which stimulates oil glands in the skin, resulting in acne flare ups.
- Hormonal imbalance: Hormonal imbalance in the body may lead to acne breakouts. You may experience imbalances in your hormones during your periods or when you have reached menopause. Acne may also occur if you have started or stopped taking birth control pills abruptly.
- Family history: If other people in the family are prone to acne, then you may be genetically predisposed to it.
- Medications: There are certain medications which can cause acne to flare up. They contain chemicals that stimulate hormones in the body thus, resulting in acne.
- Skin products: If you have oily skin, then using products that contain oil may aggravate acne. They may also contain chemicals which may clog pores in your skin.
Symptoms of acne in adults are often seen as bumps on the skin, blisters filled with pus and inflamed black heads. Apart from these some people also witness hard and painful lumps beneath the skin.
- Stay away from junk food: Avoid eating junk food and fried foods as they can aggravate oiliness in the skin and result in pimples. Rather, replace them with natural foods and other complex carbs.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink plenty of water as it helps in filtering out the waste products and toxins from your body.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking causes blood vessels to narrow and thus, limits blood circulation in the body. This may cause multiple complications in your skin, acne being one of them.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 21 years old and facing pimples problems and they are marking back spots on my face. I am facing this problem from last 7-8 months. I used 4 creams as per doctors prescription. please suggest me what should I go to avoid pimples and black spots on my face.
I have consulted some doctors. They all said me that I have'lypoma. Does it have any cure ? It is absolutely painless.
Dear sir/madam I am having liver /age spots on my face. I have tried everything to remove them but nothing positive so far. Kindly give me a positive remedy to remove these permanently. Thanks
Dr. Im using skin lite cream for past 6 months. If I stop tht means my skins becomes dark. Shld I want to continue or tell me some good creams.
I have used all of medicines to remove my pimples and for these pimples my forehead are full of pimples mark so please tell me how I can rid of this marks and these pimples.
Hello doctor, actually lots of puffy (fat) and wrinkle under my eyes my age is 34 but its look like a 50 yr. 6 year before I done surgery for under wrinkle but not a wrinkle gone even puffiness raised under my eye. So again I want surgery for my under eye puffiness so it ill good or not. Please advice me.
My hand is black from the half boy and from boy inner part of body is white. So whenever I wear sleeve less t shirt is's looking not gud. What I do for this.
Is there anything doing which I will have any kind of infection and develop marks on my face and body for some 2-3 months. Please suggest.
My 2 months old baby had a rash on neck region. The rashes have disappeared but there are white patches left. Will those disappear or are those something else. What can I do to get rid of white patches.
Am 24 years, conceived for about two months. Am facing constipation trouble with internal bleeding via anus. Am I advised to take medicine at first trimester? Or kindly advice me the correct solution for this.
I am 27 year old I am notice my body some parts effected by white spots please give a good solution what I do. Thanks.
He has attacked by an insect (popularly known as "Acid Insect") in a hostel. His neck area has been affected by that which is burning too much. So please suggest quickly the medicine and medicine-cream for that place. Or If have a time so please contact to me At 78-72-52-34-83.Please tell.
Hi, my face becoming dark from last 3 months and I have darkspots under eyes and I have dandruff, so please suggest me treatment.
I am 22 years old, I have pimples on my face since last 4 years and it's painful to me, and I want a healthy skin and very Fair color I am Fair. Thank you sir.
Hi, I have a very oily skin. I am not able to apply any sunscreen in summers. Also have random acnes on my face. Currently using saslic as the face wash. Is there any thing to reduce the acne burst outs. Also any gel based product to be used on skin.
I am suffering from some skin infection and I already tried many things in that as in triology and electrocautery but to no results what should I do?
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.