Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajitabh Srivastava
Submit a review for Dr. Ajitabh SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
I am having problem during latrine in my anus. It's paining badly. Please help me to get rid of this problem. I am having problem from last two month.
Sir I am suffering from diffuse erosive gastritis. It seems in my endoscopy report. And I have pain in my esophagus during swallowing food. I take ayurvedic medicine. But not relief since 45 days. And I want to go through alopathic. I need help. What precaution I take and some medicine for cure. So I relief soon thanks.
I have gas problem from 3 years and because of gas problem sometime stomach pain and headache and all. Please advise.
In the Early Morning I Cant Eat food and drink Water and If I eat Something This Food Will not Digest Why?
Sir since 1 month I have blood just surface the stool. Very mild fresh blood. And some time mucus in stool. please sir help me what is the reason? I am very much worried about this.
Sir when m 3 year old I met an intentionally accident of acid attack. But now m 25. So I want to plastic surgery of my face bcoz my face had a little scar on my nose. But I scared about surgery. If I get the surgery of my nose its effective or not I mean it remove or not my scar of acid. Because I heard again and again its not give perfectly color my new skin which is planted and it is not match with my other skin.
What is acidity?
Acidity is a group of symptoms that is caused by excess acid that is produced by the gastric glands present in the stomach. Gastric or hydrochloric acid is produced naturally in the stomach. This helps in digestion and breaking down of food. Excess production of this acid is triggered due to acidic foods, dehydration, alcohol and stress, thus giving rise to acidity.
In case of acidity, the excess acid moves up from the stomach to the food pipe. Uncomfortable symptoms include heaviness, sour taste in the mouth along with burning sensations in the throat or stomach.
Causes of acidity:
- Binge eating.
- Consuming food stuff like chocolates, fatty food, spicy food, non-vegetarian food and coffee.
- Smoking, tobacco chewing, alcohol.
- Intake of medicines like aspirin, antibiotics, NSAIDs.
- Stress and depression.
- GERD (Gastro oesophageal reflux disease), peptic ulcer
How does homeopathy address this issue?
The homeopathic mode of treatment offers a complete cure of acidity with natural medicines. Homeopathic medicines for acidity are effective in treating both acute and chronic cases of acidity. The various antacids prescribed in the conventional mode offer only a temporary relief, while homeopathic treatment promises to give a permanent cure for acidity. Homeopathic medicines help in strengthening the sphincter at the junction of the oesophagus and stomach. This prevents the reflux of acid stomach contents into the oesophagus and throat, thus aiding in establishing a cure of acidity.
It is a popular system of medicine which follows a holistic approach without any side effect. Homeopathy addresses the underlying causes of the symptom so that the administration of a remedy can stimulate the individual’s immune system and hence, aid the body in healing itself. When an appropriate medication for the treatment of acidity is chosen, every aspect of the patient should be taken into consideration.
Homeopathy, being a non-toxic form of medication, can be very useful for treating acidity. Some of the medications are discussed below:
- Carbo Veg: It is one of the most common homeopathic medications that is used to treat gas that is formed inside the stomach during a bout of acidity.
- Natrum Carb: This can be used be used to relieve the acidity resulting from reactions occurring in the food pipe. A calculated dosage of “natrum carb” helps in calming down the reactions that take place in the food pipe and thus, relieves you from the resulting discomfort.
- Nux Vomica: This is a popular homeopathic medication that is used to address various forms of stomach ache, including pains resulting from acidity.
- Arsenicum album: This is used to treat symptoms such as a burning sensation in the stomach along with the food moving up to the oesophagus. This burning pain is felt all along the food pipe right up to the throat.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for Acidity. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.