Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit Ashok CherianYour feedback matters!
What is the immediate remedy to control the high blood pressure when we are away from home. This question is a general one which includes both Men and Women irrespective of age. One of my office met has suffered suddenly due to HBP that's what I thought of knowing such information. It might help someone until they reach hospital.
I am 51 yr old male having fbs avg 150 even Iam regularly using Gluconorm G1 in the morning. And I have hypothyrodectomy and cholesterol in the border level. Triglyceride is in anavarage of 300.
I have a chest conjunction problem and allergy from dust and weather and having problem in respiration.
I am 44 yrs male suffering from dibetics, cholesterol and high bp. Now taking medicines as follows 1. Dianorm total 60 1. 5 - 0 - 1 2. Eritel 40 1 - 0 -0 3. Rosavel a 0 - 0 - 1 for the last 9 yrs I have been taking these medicines. Prescribe me best medicines having no side effects.
I am having mild chest pain on left and right both sides since last 2 months, I guess they are because of gas or some other thing, kindly suggest if it's related to heart or not. I am a smoker, pure vegetarian.
I am having high B. P for last 2 years and my age is just 20 years and I want to control it now only, I want to free for the cage of medical for the whole life.
Lady of 59 years age(HF) High BP (150/90).Thyroid Tri-iodo(T3) -0.74, Thyroxine(T4)-5.42,Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(T S H) 26.41 Thlasemia is present, Hemoglobine-11.2. Body swelling persists, Knee pain ,middle finger of hand numbs,both legs have paralytic tendency after walk of few distance chest pain occasionally and suddenly for 2/3 minutes
My father had a heart attack when he was pretty young. Should I be worried about having one. Haven't exercised in years, but I need to get in better shape?
I'm a 32 year old, I'm a regular smoker, but not a chain smoker, but few days I've suffer chest pain in my left side, what should I do.
I have high blood pressure 100/150 and diabetes level 110/180. My age is 34. Will I take treatment or can I reduce by diet control?
How can I tell if someone is having a heart attack? How can we help them instantly, as recently I saw one friend of mine getting the attack and I wasn't able to help him in any other than giving him water, I wasn't feeling good, so please tell me the necessary steps, I need to take to help someone having a hearth attack?
My dad is 80 years old ,he has 03 blockage 80% and is ruled out for bi-pass surgery, can he be treated ,by Ayurveda ,how?
High blood pressure (hypertension) rarely has noticeable symptoms, but if untreated it increases your risk of heart attack, heart failure, kidney disease, stroke or dementia. Sir is that true?
I have high bp n palpitation n m on medication also I have conceived so should I continue wd the medicines which I have mentioned below?
Before two weeks my mother fell on wet tiled floor with the weight on chest. At that time she did not felt the pain but after few hours she started pain in chest two three days later it got mild but again started. Please suggest what we should do. She is doing all her works but still feeling the pain.
I am 55 years old male and prediabetes. My ldl cholesterol is 57 and hdl cholesterol is 35. Triglycerides is 226. What should I eat to reduce triglycerides and to increase hdl. Fasting sugar is 115 and pp is 130.
Dear Doctor, As per the latest blood test report, my Triglycerides, and HDL were very high. I was advised by a medico in Unani medicine to stop eating cashews, eggs, and mutton. But, after reading your article, I am confused. Could you please advice whether I should continue eating cashews or stop it?
It is advisable not to take much water in between food which is essential for better digestion.
Bp 140/80 after taking cilacar 10 regularly. I want to know why it is still constant after regular dosage. Please revert asap.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.