Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AishwaryaYour feedback matters!
He s complaining every day more salt in food eventhough its, normal. Sometimes he complains about salt taste in tongue. Any suggestions to cure this.
My mother Sushila is having problem in her teeth from last 15 years, sometimes it is bleeding in her teeth, she is very miser that's the reason she never went to the doctor can you suggest me what can happen if there will be regular bleeding in her teeth?
Hello madam/sir, I am putting braces on teeth before that doctor as put some rubber kind of material in my mouth from last 2 days, which is paining terrible to me, so will you please suggest me some medicine or exercise.
I am nitin 15 year old and I have tooth decay and pain im last tooth and when I concern doctor tell it need to remove bit I fear of it its very painful so is any other way to solve this problem.
Hi I am 45 year old male iam having bad breath problem since last 5 years consulted many dentists and used all kinds of tooth paste and mouth freshners available in the market but my prolblem is not solved yet
My teeth's are not straight. It comes in front. So I want to straight it. Please tell me what to do & how many cost it take.
After drinking the smell lies for very long next day even upto afternoon what to do to get rid of this mouth smell.
I have a mouth ulcers for 3 days and I have been using dologel and metronet gel for 3 days but there seems to be improvement. What is the best remedy as I have to travel for something and can't be accessible to doctor for few days. Please help.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.
Gums of my front teeth of both lower and upper jaw are black while the rest of gums are fine i. E. Pink. Is it something to worry about because it doesn't look good to me.
I have had tooth sensitivity for almost an year now. It happens only when I consume cold stuff. For eg. When I have my milk and cereal in school (which I sip from a cup) I feel this sharp stinging sensation in my teeth which Is so bad that I can't talk and usually berry my head in my arms till the time it stops. To be honest, my dental hygiene hasn't been at its best this year but I'm trying my best to work on it. I would love to have my milk the way I did before. Thanks a lot for helping! *I had a root canal a few years ago, if that helps.
I am 25 years old male i am facing the gum bleeding problem and bad breathing when i am completed taking lunch or dinner or break fast after 10 or 20 min bad breathing will come to my mouth please give me suggestions i am using dabur red paste also.
I am getting mouth ulcers regularly. For every 2 months once. I took all b complex tablets. Pls suggest some permanent solution for it please.
1.Baking soda - Baking soda is one of the best ingredients that you can use to get rid of yellow teeth. It will help remove plaque and make your pearly whites shine.
Recipe: Mix a quarter teaspoon of baking soda with a little toothpaste. Brush your teeth with this gritty mixture and rinse with warm water. Use it once or twice a week. Alternatively, you can combine baking soda with lemon juice, white vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide.
You can make a whitening mouthwash by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of cold water. Rinse with the mouthwash two or three times a day.
You can also scrub your teeth gently for at least two minutes with diluted baking soda. Do this twice in the first week, and then every 15 days. It is essential to note that excess use of baking soda can strip your teeth of its natural enamel.
2. Orange Peel: Cleaning your teeth with the fresh orange peel on a regular basis will reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. Rub orange peel over your teeth every night before going to sleep. The vitamin c and calcium in the orange peel will combat the microorganisms throughout the night. Do this for a few weeks and you will notice effective results.
If the fresh orange peel is not available, you can use dried orange peel powder.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries contain a good amount of vitamin c, which helps make your teeth whiter. Grind a few strawberries into a paste. Rub the paste on your teeth gently. If done twice daily for a few weeks, the yellow tinge on your teeth will vanish.
Another option is to mix the pulp of one strawberry with one-half teaspoon of baking soda and spread the mixture onto your teeth and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out your mouth and brush your teeth with toothpaste to get rid of any residue.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide: The mild bleaching effect of hydrogen peroxide can help make yellow teeth white again. Rinse and gargle with a mouthwash that has hydrogen peroxide. Make sure not to swallow the hydrogen peroxide. You can also make a paste of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and gently brush your teeth with it. Later, brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste. Use hydrogen peroxide with extra caution as it can cause irritation of the gums and make your teeth sensitive.
5. Lemon: The bleaching property present in lemons can also help get rid of yellow discoloration. In fact, gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again. Mix together a few drops of lemon juice and some salt. Apply the mixture on the stained teeth and rub the paste vigorously over your teeth and gums. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Do this twice daily for about two weeks to get rid of tartar and the yellow tinge.