Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ahmed Farook
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ahmed FarookYour feedback matters!
My hairs are becoming white at a very fast rate. And also very much hair fall. Give some suggestion.
While we cannot reverse the aging process, we can slow it down and control the visible signs of aging. Botox is one such therapy that can keep us looking younger. It's mainly used for the facial lines and wrinkles that age, stress, worry, and environmental factors may produce, even on a younger person’s face. Botox is a drug made from the bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. While Botox is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedure. This unique treatment is also used along with facial plastic surgery procedures such as a facelift or eyelid lift to maximize its cosmetic benefit. Botox treatments can lift the brow making which will make your face look less tired, giving you a more youthful appearance.
It can also be used to treat misaligned eyes, severe sweating of the underarm region, cervical dystonia, migraines and uncontrollable blinking. It can also be used to treat an overactive bladder. In terms of cosmetic enhancements, Botox can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, prevent new wrinkles from developing. Botox is commonly injected into the forehead, glabella or space between eyebrows, outer corners of the eyes, chin and neck.
Botox is used only in small concentrated dosage under the guidance of a doctor, as it can have severe side effects, if used incorrectly. The Botox procedure is as simple as getting an injection. It is administered by injecting a readymade Botox solution into the muscles. This paralyses the muscles by blocking nerve signals to the area and preventing the release of acetylcholine, which is responsible for the contraction of muscles. Usually the results of a Botox injection can be seen within 24-72 hours. In rare cases, it may take upto 5 days for the results to become visible.
Botox is performed as an outpatient procedure and is considered a safe cosmetic procedure. Pregnant women are advised not to undergo Botox treatment until they stop breastfeeding the baby after delivary. However, as with any other procedures, it does have a few risks associated with it. These include:
Slight pain at the injection site
- Temporary weakening of the eye and neck muscles
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Rashes and inflammation
The effects of Botox may be influenced by other medications that you are taking and hence before undergoing the procedure, ensure your doctor knows what medication you are on. Avoid alcohol and strenuous activities for a few days after the injection.
The results of a Botox injection are not permanent and hence they may need to be repeated. Doctors advise maintaining an interval of at least 3 months between Botox injections. However, every time a Botox injection is repeated, the time taken for the lines and wrinkles to reappear reduces. In some cases, the body may also develop antibodies to the Botox injection.
Botox can be combined with fillers injections for better facial aesthetics. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I have hyperpigmentation on my both arms, fore-head and back. These marks generally come with white puss, which gets pricked and leaves darks marks behind. Quite disgusting in fact. I have used lemon solution and didn' t help much. I am using creams such as venusia, sedmed, peellite, adban thf, halox and antoxia hc (antioxidant). Actually, none seems to have worked. I am open for surgery or whatever can treat this at low cost. Please consult. Also, I masturbate once alternatively. Sometimes daily. Is it an abnormal behavior? can hormonal change due to masturbation cause this hyperpigmentation? penis looks fine though.
Excessive hair growth can be extremely unpleasant and lead to a host of cosmetic problems. One can experience this growth on the face, hands, legs, underarms, bikini line, or neck, but regardless for the place, we are always on a lookout for options to get rid of them. The glowing, smooth skin that stares at us from hoardings has changed the trends, and with advances in medical technology, this is possible too. It is not only reserved for page 3 celebrities or models and movie stars. While there are various options available for hair removal, most prefer laser, and of course, with very valid reasons.
Read on to know five reasons why laser is preferred over other hair removal techniques.
- Painless: Only those who have gone through the ordeal of waxing know how painful it is. Whether it is cold or hot wax, having it applied on the skin and then having the hair pulled out is definitely not-a-very-pleasant experience. While it is dreaded, it also is an option to get rid of unwanted hair. So, when laser is available, it definitely sounds like a painless dream. And what more, when you wake up, you have smooth, glowing skin free of the unwanted hair growth.
- More natural compared to other methods: Waxing pulls out the hair that is seen above the skin. While shaving leaves follicles behind but the laser works differently. It gets to the follicular level and destroys these follicles, which are responsible for the hair growth in the first place. This makes it a more natural and better way to get rid of unwanted hair, than just removing what is visible to the naked eye.
- Longer-lasting: After a round of waxing, most women start wondering when the small spikes of hair start appearing again. The same happens with shaving too. With laser, this re-growth takes some time and so it is almost a few weeks before the hair starts growing back. Because they act on the follicles, it will take a while for new follicles to form, which can again grow hair. Laser sessions are always repeated, as the intention is to get rid of all follicles so that hair reduction is permanent. In women who do not have too much hair, they can go up to months without having to go for a repeat session.
- Cost-effective: Whether it is the hair removal creams or the regular waxing, laser works out more cost-effective than the other techniques in the long run.
- Hair treatment in between sessions: With shaving and threading, you have to wait for hair growth before going for the next session. With laser, that is no issue at all. Go ahead with the next session, even when there is no hair growth. For women who are worried about skin changes with the weather, the treatment can start in winter and end by summer, thereby reducing exposure to the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!