Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Hi Doctor, I am 26 years old, I am suffering from baldness, I lost my hair on crown area (backside of my head). Now I am planning to undergo hair regrowth treatments in V-care, can I know about PRP hair treatment and Bio cell therapy treatment. Can you suggest best treatment for hair re-growth please?
I have a hair fall problem , I use many medicine and shampoo but the results not good and I have also dandruff in her hair. so please help me to solve this problem.
How to stop hairfall, I am losing much hair day by day, is there any treatment, I tried many chemicals and medicines, but am in vain.
I have black and red pimple spot on both side of my face. Pimples occurs 1 or 2 in a week bt it was painful. My face type is oily and sensitive with fair colour. These red spot look likes it is under my upper skin surface. If a single and small pimple occur on my face, its spot was available on my face very long tym. Recommend me any cream to remove these spots.
My face itches whenever I prepare and I feel uneasy and restless. Kindly suggest the remedy. My face becomes gloomy and dull.
1: Many peoples are saying half of the lemon apply in face what is use what benefit if I apply how to use procedure please. I am male 2: also said papaya that to?Please tell.
Can I use vitamin c chewable tablet (Limcee) for remove chlorine and chloromine for get rid of hair fall problem. Please doctor help me. Thanks in advance.
Hi sir this is niranjan I am just 21 years old sir I am getting more hair lose sir. I am re regrowth my hair solution 100/ how.
Sir/ ma'am, I am itching in my ears daily at least once a day. I used to have long phone calls before but I have stopped doing so from few months now but still this problem exists. Can you suggest me some solution to it?
Hello sir I am 25 years old male and having on face like black mark pimples and lots of oil and that gives me dark skin I want some suggestion. thanks.
Sir I am 19 years old. I have skin problems. I have many pimples and acne, dark spots on my face from last 2 years. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi doctor first of all thanks for your reply, im try to use those cream and shampoo that you had suggested. Then one thing kindly suggest me the best im having dandruff prb too how to eliminate it totally.
I am having pimples on my face and in my body. I had tried many types of medicines, sometimes it will cure but it will become after someday. What should I want to do?
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.