Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Agarwal PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old mail. I am suffering from diabetic since last 20 years and it is under control. I have been taking insulin at 12 before breakfast and dinner. Since last 2 years I have vision problem and I have consulted an eye specialist, who advised laster treatment. Now there is problem in seeing things of far distance. What is to be done now to improve my vision.
Hello I am wearing number glasses for the last 6 years but there is no improvement in my eye sight , suggest me some tips.
I am 24 years old and have 8 week pregnancy and still there is no heart beat pls suggest me. Is there any chances?
At night time lam not able to see objects clearly but in day time its very clear I do not know the reason.
I am a 24 years Student, and I always working in front of computer so sometimes I feel problem in my eye. How to get relief from this problem?
She is 17 year old girl. Last one year generate whiteness in the black portion of the eye .so how should overcome this problem. Please suggest him with give in details which type of disease.
I am a class XII student, I feel alright while studying at times. But, most of the time I feel like cleaning my specs again and again due to pain in my left eye. It's been around a week, and my head aches daily. What shall I do?
I am using spectacle till last 8 years I had hypermatropia I can not see farsight. N the power on my left eye is 4.00 n right eye is 3.00. Whether my spectacle remove or not please give me best medicine. To remove spectacle.
I am a 40 years old male. Sometimes my eyes start watering and very often my eyes remain red. Kindly suggest a good medicine.
Sir I did laser treatment for my eyes almost a year back I am feeling really stressed and my eyes always seemed to be tired and gone deep inside, sometimes severe headache. What medication should I take or any natural medication to cure this.
If you thought smoking was causing damage to only your lungs, thing again. Your eyesight, one of your most valuable possessions, is at high risk of damage because of your bad habit.
The damage done to your eyes by cigarettes happens from two sources; the toxic smoke that hangs in the air which surrounds you as you puff on the cigarettes and 4000 odd toxic substances that enter your bloodstream once you smoke. In extreme cases, smoking also causes loss in vision.
Here is a list of eye disorders and diseases, which can be caused due to smoking:
- Macular degeneration: The risk of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration is there for people above the age of fifty. In case of smokers, the chance of developing AMD is three times more than in nonsmokers. It has been proven that smokers develop the chance of AMD ten years prior to non smokers.
- Cataract: This process involves the clouding of the lens inside the eye. Cataract develops with old age, usually. The risk of developing early cataract is common among smokers, who are twice at risk of cataract than non smokers. The effect of the cataract in the case of smokers is more severe.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is the eye disorder where the death of nerve fiber layer behind our eyes takes place, and that results in loss of vision. The increase in pressure within the eyes leads to glaucoma. Smoking enhances the pressure in your eyes, and so smokers are at a potential risk of acquiring this disease.
- Diabetic eye diseases: A number of eye diseases are accompanied with diabetes. This can result in blindness when left ignored or not paid attention to in severe cases. Diabetic patients who are smokers are three times more at a risk of eye diseases associated with diabetes.
- Optic neuropathy: This eye disease causes sudden loss of vision to the eyes without any pain. It happens due to the disrupted flow of blood in the arteries of the eyes. Smokers are 16 times more at a risk of developing optic neuropathy at an earlier age.
- Thyroid associated eye diseases: Patients having thyroid issues or Grave's disease have disorders in their vision. Grave's disease patients who smoke tobacco are likely to develop severe eye diseases associated with the thyroid.
- Dry eye: Smoking causes irritation to the eyes and affects the tear film of the eye. Smokers and passive smokers are likely to develop dry eye disorders. Smoking causes a lot of eye diseases and disorders, and smokers are at a higher risk of acquiring eye diseases than non smokers.
I'm 23 years and I have squint in my right eye is it curable?what is the estimates cost for this surgery?
I'm 22 years old male. From past 10-15 days my eyes are irritating. I feel like I have a very small bump in one of my eyelid when I rub my eyes. Even after rubbing my eyes, they were still itching with irritation. What may be the reason for this and how can I treat it? Is it possible to treat in home. Thank you.
Conjunctivitis is a medical condition that is marked by redness in the eyes owing to the inflammation of the conjunctiva, which is the membrane covering the white part of the eye. The condition is further characterized by the discharge of yellowish pus fluid from the corner of the eye. This condition, which is essentially an infection, can occur to people of all age brackets.
Causes and Symptoms:
Conjunctivitis can be caused due to several reasons namely allergies, irritants, bacterial and viral infections, among others. Apart from the redness in the eye, some other apparent symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Thin and watery discharge in viral conjunctivitis
- Thick, mucous like discharge ranging from yellow to green in case of bacterial conjunctivitis
- Sticky eyelids
- Increased reactivity to light
- Blurred or foggy vision
- Nasal discharges
It is difficult to distinguish between viral, allergic and bacterial conjunctivitis. Different fields of medicine prescribe treatments according to the cause of the condition. Although subtle differences, such as thick and thin discharges can be observed, in Homeopathy the cause is not that important.
Homeopathic medicines are natural and highly effective. The medications, which are prescribed in Homeopathy can more than manage the discharges, swelling, the sandy sensation and redness in the eyes. Homeopathic medicines are effective when the condition causes the eye to get dry, red, congested and swollen. Bathing the eyes with sterilized salt water is also a popular method of treating the infection. In addition to these, Homeopathic doctors also provide tips to curb the likelihood of further complications. Removing your contact lenses while treatment and cleaning your spectacles on a regular basis, if you wear any, are duly recommended.